Every Throw From Zach Wilson - Week 15 vs Dolphins

bla bla bla

11 minutes ago, undertow said:

"that's not inaccurate that's football"  gtfo dude go bother someone else with the nonsense.

Yeah, really gtfo, how many QBs didnt miss a single throw today dude.  Pick any week of the season and come up with one.  Mahomes was skipping balls the other night and he threw for over 400 yds and led a big comeback win.  QBs will miss a couple of passes a game, thats football.  That you want or need to hold ZW to your nonsensical unreasonable standards just to bitch is on you dude. 

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Wasnt the final drive and they were the only two passes that were high.  Thats not inaccurate, thats football.  One was to Carter that he missed the other to Mims, clanked off of his hands, could have been caught.  I added both to my post.  

Thats all you got, thats him being easily rattled in the 2nd half?  LOL

Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 5.56.43 PM.png

Wow, that's  either a really blurry jpeg or this is great scotch

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Is Elijah Moore worth 7 points in this game if he were out there?  I think so. 

The offense as a whole played pretty well the first half.  It wasn't all Zach, and it wasn't all "everyone else".  

The offense as a whole played terribly in the second half.  It wasn't all Zach, and it wasn't all "everyone else."

Without some of our best players on the field, this already depleted team looked bad when the phins defense went playoff mode.  Zach did not play well enough to rise above one of the better playing defenses in the league at this point in the season.  Not shocked.  But he didn't crumble like some are saying.

I know a sizable number of people here are suffering from battered fan syndrome after having gone through the Darnold debacle, but barring catastrophic injury to where he'll be rehabbing this whole offseason, I think we'll see Zach shine next year.

You can’t keep removing pieces from the starting offense, which isn’t good to begin with, and expect wilson to overcome it as if it’s nothing.  You see how much better moore is than every other wr on the team, he is the only wr who can actually get legit separation.  The jets already led the league in dropped passes and then cole/crowder fail the qb today.  They had to bench johnson for the same reason.  There’s a severe lack of talent on this team and the biggest decision douglas will make is, does he double dip on defense in round 1, or does he dare take a wr with that 2nd first rounder.  

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Wow, that's  either a really blurry jpeg or this is great scotch

Camera was moving, it's tough sometimes.

---------

On the fumble play Mims definitely got open over the middle, it looks like Zach sees him but the DL jumps with his hand up right in the passing lane.  Wish he could have got that out though a ball in stride could have been huge.

QEePwb.jpg

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, ChewyandtheJets said:

All I can say about today is that there are very few QBs who could have functioned with the way the line was allowing free rushes every other play.   Watch other games and show me another where the QB has less than 2 seconds to throw.  Even my wife and kids see it.   They say how come the other team always has so much more time to throw than we do.   Now granted that js also an indictment on our pathetic defensive line but the point is the same.   Third string left tackle, top two receivers out, and a rookie qb are not a recipe for success I don’t care who the qb is.  

You'd have the beginnings of a point if he wasn't the worst-rated QB in the NFL going into this game.

20 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Is it me ?or do most people have drama queen analysis when it comes to Zach, one way or the other.  I thought this was fair

No one was over the top or being drama queenish praising his play.  Just that he had a pretty good game under some horrible circumstances and it was a step forward.  

• Upvote 2

Zach is supposed to be a way above average talent and on a team with below average talent. So we were hoping he played good enough to lead this team and make big plays and help make up for this lack of talent. And this season. But so far he’s playing at the level of his teammates not good. It doesn’t mean he won’t in the future but as of now this team sucks including at the Qb position. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, jgb said:

You'd have the beginnings of a point if he wasn't the worst-rated QB in the NFL going into this game.

According to what?  The stats that said he played better against the Saints than he did against Houston?  Stats and ratings can only tell you part of the story.

1 minute ago, rtnelson said:

According to what?  The stats that said he played better against the Saints than he did against Houston?  Stats and ratings can only tell you part of the story.

Yeah, the tell part of the story that says he sucks. The fairy that visits you when you're sleeping tells the other part of the story.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Statue Joe Flacco was only sacked 2x by this defense.

I get the LT excuse but a couple of those sacks looked preventable.

Solid 1st half all the same.  But he needed to step up in the pocket more in that 2nd half.  And yes, plenty of those clips had a pocket to step into.  

Remember when Connor McDermott played in that first game at LT? Me neither.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, jgb said:

Yeah, the tell part of the story that says he sucks. The fairy that visits you when you're sleeping tells the other part of the story.

The only place that had his last was ESPN using their voodoo QBR rating system.  Its not much better with the rating system used forever, they have him 30th.  One spot behind Lawrence and one spot ahead of Fields.  All close enough to make the listings negligible.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Camera was moving, it's tough sometimes.

---------

On the fumble play Mims definitely got open over the middle, it looks like Zach sees him but the DL jumps with his hand up right in the passing lane.  Wish he could have got that out though a ball in stride could have been huge.

QEePwb.jpg

The really big issue on that play is that the OL messed up the stunt pickup (yet again). McGovern seems oblivious to it happening, and is practically in Wilson's lap by the time he picks it up. I realize that it's also the fault of the RG as well, but these are scheme/coaching/player issues that have been going on for the entire season. The edge is over-emphasized as an area for elite protection; most QBs need the middle of the field to be clean, not the edge. If you can't step up, you can't step into your throws. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, jgb said:

I'm just saying if stats can say he was objectively worse against the Texans than he was against the Saints, there's something wrong with the rating system.

Every single person here would agree that the Saints game was the worse game of the two, some claiming "the worst of the season".  These rating systems don't agree which would seem to mean they are at least somewhat suspect.

This isn't to claim that Zach has been good, only that I think using comments like you did to hand wave off legitimate discussion about the team and how Zach's role fits in to it is lazy and pointless.  We get it, you think he sucks and will look at the stats to defend your claim.  It's just not that simple.  I think you know it's not, but have just given up on examination because Jets.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

I'm just saying if stats can say he was objectively worse against the Texans than he was against the Saints, there's something wrong with the rating system.

Every single person here would agree that the Saints game was the worse game of the two, some claiming "the worst of the season".  These rating systems don't agree which would seem to mean they are at least somewhat suspect.

This isn't to claim that Zach has been good, only that I think using comments like you did to hand wave off legitimate discussion about the team and how Zach's role fits in to it is lazy and pointless.  We get it, you think he sucks and will look at the stats to defend your claim.  It's just not that simple.  I think you know it's not, but have just given up on hope because Jets.

I don't put much faith in a single game. Sample size leads to confidence.

But I will admit, at this point with Zach, I'll take just one signature game where he puts it all together to have the tiniest bit of faith in him for the future. This is basement-level expectations but it's where we are.

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Initial review from PFF has him with 0 turnover worthy plays and 0 big time throws. So, I think they'll agree with you that it was pretty boring.

His accuracy looks pretty good. So, I think this was a step in the direction. He only had 3 or 4 poorly throw balls, which is ok. The top QBs miss a couple of throws a game.

It be nice to have this type of game be his baseline. Like, Zach, try to be at least this good. We obviously need him to be better.

Solid game, next time he sweeps the  leg! 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Remember when Connor McDermott played in that first game at LT? Me neither.

Didnt see Corey Davis out there today, you?  Did he require someone to cover him today?

How about Elijah Moore?  Did he have multiple players cover him today?  Did he contribute 141 yards and a TD today?  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

I don't put much faith in a single game. Sample size leads to confidence.

But I will admit, at this point with Zach, I'll take just one signature game where he puts it all together to have the tiniest bit of faith in him for the future. This is basement-level expectations but it's where we are.

But until then, you'll shout from the mountaintops that he is the worst rated QB, and the source of all of the Jets' issues. ;)

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Didnt see Corey Davis out there today, you?  Did he require someone to cover him today?

How about Elijah Moore?  Did he have multiple players cover him today?  Did he contribute 141 yards and a TD today?  

Are you agreeing with me? This makes my point stronger. 

1 minute ago, rtnelson said:

But until then, you'll shout from the mountaintops that he is the worst rated QB, and the source of all of the Jets' issues. ;)

When it's frequently 100-on-1, enthusiasm is my advantage.

Knowing I'm right doesn't hurt, either.

52 minutes ago, GreenFish said:

Initial review from PFF has him with 0 turnover worthy plays and 0 big time throws. So, I think they'll agree with you that it was pretty boring.

What in the ******* world?

The last throw of the half went through the hands of the Miami defender. How is that not a turnover worthy play? These are the same guys who were calling his wild missed of Moore against Philly “drops”.

PFF are hacks. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Are you agreeing with me? This makes my point stronger. 

You didnt get the sarcastic tone? 

Should I be more obvious?  LOL, yes im totally agreeing with you.  Some dont understand that when you play a team in a season changes things.  Amazing as that simple football 101 fact can be 

3 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The last throw of the half went through the hands of the Miami defender. How is that not a turnover worthy play? These are the same guys who were calling his wild missed of Moore against Philly “drops”.

PFF are hacks. 

"PFF isn't rating my QB low enough! Hacks!"

"Look at the PFF ratings, Zach is lowest, evidence he's the worst and it's hopeless!"

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

PFF are hacks. 

You mean the pass that came off of Crowders hands first?  

Hacks

57 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

Is Elijah Moore worth 7 points in this game if he were out there?  I think so. 

The offense as a whole played pretty well the first half.  It wasn't all Zach, and it wasn't all "everyone else".  

The offense as a whole played terribly in the second half.  It wasn't all Zach, and it wasn't all "everyone else."

Without some of our best players on the field, this already depleted team looked bad when the phins defense went playoff mode.  Zach did not play well enough to rise above one of the better playing defenses in the league at this point in the season.  Not shocked.  But he didn't crumble like some are saying.

I know a sizable number of people here are suffering from battered fan syndrome after having gone through the Darnold debacle, but barring catastrophic injury to where he'll be rehabbing this whole offseason, I think we'll see Zach shine next year.

Well he's scored 7 receiving points all year with Zach as QB. So sure let's assume he would double that today.

• Haha 1