Duke Johnson….Career Day

HawkeyeJet

Our lack of run defense is absolutely insane give that even when the team sucked the last few years, the run defense was good and its the same players.   The is actual evidence across the league that this scheme was torn apart after Seattle's success and every offense knows to push the run and screen game vs what Saleh is running and the defense cant stop you.  Yet we keep doing the same thing with the same results regardless of the talent.

Duke Johnson - ridiculous.  Imagine if we played the against Derrick Henry

2 hours ago, BCJet said:

Our lack of run defense is absolutely insane give that even when the team sucked the last few years, the run defense was good and its the same players.   The is actual evidence across the league that this scheme was torn apart after Seattle's success and every offense knows to push the run and screen game vs what Saleh is running and the defense cant stop you.  Yet we keep doing the same thing with the same results regardless of the talent.

Duke Johnson - ridiculous.  Imagine if we played the against Derrick Henry

They did.  He had 157 and a TD.

2 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

This defense is beyond dreadful. It’s unbelievable considering we spent the last sh*tty decade drafting defense

You know I actually forgot that.  That fact makes it just such a travesty.  To get absolutely ROLLED week in and week out.  Almost no one can tackle and you even brought in a HC who is from the D side of the ball.

3 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Duke Johnson, a 3rd back for the majority of his career(which is with a few years of being over by the way) set a career high today in rushing yards. 

Lots of things irritate me about this Jets team, but the run defense is by far the most irritating for me personally.

Duke Johnson.  Kill me.

I think making Duke Johnson look like the second coming of Adrian Peterson was about the most depressing thing I watched all season

Mosley is less than useless. Even more than half the tackles he’s made - not counting those he’s whiffed or less after getting juked - he seems to get dragged an extra 3 yards.

Best part of Mosley’s play is the fawning of tv announcers touting his play this season. Every week they start about it when there’s that first excuse for his name to come up, and then almost never say anything complimentary about his play in the live game. Every week.

And he’s locked in for another $16MM of new money next year, all guaranteed. That’s how long it can take to fully eradicate such a toxic GM.

• Upvote 1