Bart Scott’s Zach Wilson rant

1 minute ago, fusionCA said:

I saw the start of the show and then i turned it off

not a word on the awful defense , not a word on the OL free rusher every snap

all they do is hammer Wilson and that it

Wilson has played bad most of the time this season but the D and OL and coaching has been much worse 

Young QBs are polarizing. Talking about them generates the most clicks. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jet hustle said:

Sign the best veteran qb in offseason.  Trade zack for a fourth round pick 

I would go after Garrappolo. Seems like the logical choice. Knows the system and can be here for the next 4-5 years. 

Trading ZW won’t happen next year-too big of a cap hit. I think Wilson can be the backup (Jimmy G is injury prone). 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

And with the first pick in the 2023 nfl draft the New York jets select: Bryce Young, QB Alabama

So we are giving up on both Zack and next year (would need #1 pick) already? BTW, the #1 pick and the can't miss QB hasn't looked all that good so far - how do you know Bryce Young will be that guy?

16 minutes ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I saw that live as well...I was thinking up until he answered that question how well he was handling himself but the answer to that one was a true Jekyll and Hyde moment...this kid is more shrewd than many think, me included....and not in a good way.

What did he say?

He's had a pretty predicable up and down rookie season. I'd say its more than usual for anyone in his situation. Say what you want about it but Zach won rookie of the week twice and played well enough to win vs Houston and Tennessee, looked great in the first half today with a depleated unit. Made the easy throws today, made the difficult ones, played within the offense, eye opening plays off script, escabability that lead to first downs, showed toughness, caught the Miami defense sleeping for a penalty, knew to throw the ball away, no INTS. This all today coming off a week where he missed his targets by a mile and ridiculed all week for it. I'd say that's pretty hopefull and shows great resilience. Its more than most rookie Qbs have done this season. Trevor, Fields, Trey Lance have not even been close to compare to Zach.  I really dont get the over the top criticism 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

What did he say?

I'll paraphrase as best as memory serves...a reporter asked ZW if he can explain how the offense was far more productive while he was injured versus the games he was the starter...his answer was basically "I don't care about that."...it caused a stir from Scott, Colon and Douzabel who said that he needs to realize and recognize that is the truth of the matter and he needs to not be so flippant and dismissive and that his teammates jobs are on the line and dependent on his effort and performance.  .

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, bostonmajet said:

So we are giving up on both Zack and next year (would need #1 pick) already? BTW, the #1 pick and the can't miss QB hasn't looked all that good so far - how do you know Bryce Young will be that guy?

Personally, I don’t have much faith in Zach wilson ever becoming a good qb. I thought he was a massively overrated prospect coming out of college and I didn’t want to draft him. 

thru the 10 games he has played in the nfl he has shown me absolutely nothing to make me think he could become a franchise qb.

He has horrible footwork and struggles to complete basic nfl passes. Half his passes are in the dirt and the other half are thrown 3 feet above his intended wrs.

it’s highly likely the jets will be picking very high in the 2023 nfl draft IMO. unless we trade for a guy like garoppalo. 

how do I know Bryce young will be a franchise qb? I don’t. But he was the #1 qb recruit in 2020. Probably the best qb prospect Alabama has ever had. Already won a heisman. And he plays in the sec against real competition. The odds of him being a franchise qb are much higher than zach wilson

• Upvote 3