Bart Scott’s Zach Wilson rant

48 minutes ago, fusionCA said:

I saw the start of the show and then i turned it off

not a word on the awful defense , not a word on the OL free rusher every snap

all they do is hammer Wilson and that it

Wilson has played bad most of the time this season but the D and OL and coaching has been much worse 

Stopped watching these idiots weeks ago. If you ever watch the giants post-game, they talk up all the positives. These guys ignore any good and just hammer the bad especially as it relates to the rookie qb.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Stopped watching these idiots weeks ago. If you ever watch the giants post-game, they talk up all the positives. These guys ignore any good and just hammer the bad especially as it relates to the rookie qb.

Used to be a must see for me. I insinctively put it on post game and shut it off in a few minutes if not less. Unlistenable, same as the national media. The hatred for Zach is unreal. He had a great, not good, but great half today with a ridiculously depleated roster coming off an embarassing performance inwhich he was missing receivers by a mile. If anything he restored his confidence moving foward. Yeah, the second half not so good. Far from mostly being his fault So.  He is showing signs of getting it. Zach has won rookie of the week twice and beat the Texans on the road and a pretty good team in Tenessee. Yeah, I wish he showed more but this over the top criticism is ridiculous. He's had more ups than most rookie QBs this season.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

11 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The young rookie QB is a disappointment.

The defense is exponentially a bigger problem and disappointment.  It's not close.

7 of the last 9 games they have given up 30 points or more. The two other games they gave up 27 and 24.

And no it is not because offense is doing nothing, it is because the D cannot stop anything or anyone.

Other than a few nice sparks in single games this year this team has stunk top to bottom in all phases.

this is 100% accurate. Saleh is a defensive coach, you HAVE to judge him by the defense on the field. I know there are injuries, but there is no reason why we should be giving up 10000 rushing yards per game with the DL players on the roster and Saleh at the helm. If anything i think the DL has been a bigger issue than the secondary, which is full of nobodys.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

this is 100% accurate. Saleh is a defensive coach, you HAVE to judge him by the defense on the field. I know there are injuries, but there is no reason why we should be giving up 10000 rushing yards per game with the DL players on the roster and Saleh at the helm. If anything i think the DL has been a bigger issue than the secondary, which is full of nobodys.

We have the backups of the back ups injured. We have no lbs and our cbs have zero experience minus Hall. Not entirely Saleh's fault who also is a rookie. Im givng them this upcoming draft and thensome  to build depth at these positions 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The defense is exponentially a bigger problem and disappointment.  It's not close.

7 of the last 9 games they have given up 30 points or more. The two other games they gave up 27 and 24.

And no it is not because offense is doing nothing, it is because the D cannot stop anything or anyone.

Other than a few nice sparks in single games this year this team has stunk top to bottom in all phases.

I disagree that the defense is a bigger problem. Obviously the defense has been terrible and is a major concern. But I was pretty much expecting that.

If we could score more than 16 points a game and we were losing shootouts I’d be right there with you. But we’re not. The offense has been just as bad as the defense. ZW has thrown for 200 yards or less in half the games he has started. And he has twice as many interceptions as touchdowns. 

The development of ZW and the offense is a lot more important in the grand scheme of things IMO.

• Upvote 2

Another reason WIlson shouldn't have seen the field till he was ready and had a competent team around him....the media wasn't going to give him the leash his die hard fan base are.... the honeymoon is over.  With that being said Wilson wasn't good in the second half but today isn't the day to get on him. 

59 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

who does ther post game?

the reason i ask is because Bart has a national radio show and is always on ESPN TV. he cant seem like a Jets homer or he would lose his credibility.

but he is one of us. he has been pretty positive all year. maybe he just reaching his breaking point. 

every Monday he defends us against Chris Canty who takes some shots at us.

25 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The problem with this is that Saleh and Douglas made this season 100% about Zach Wilson and **** everyone else so when the season enters the death spiral, it all lands in Wilson’s lap. They’re the ones who set the kid up to fail from the start, back in May, by treating him like a sacred cow. They’re the one who told the other 52 it was going to be a redshirt year, whether they liked it or not. And they’re the ones who chose to put Wilson back on the field after he ****ed his leg up when they could have opted to roll with White or Flacco. If the fans and the media want to hang this season around Zach’s throat, it’s because Saleh and Douglas tied the knot. 

you had to go back to Zach. he needs to play to get this experience. i believe whether its sports or real life nothing is better than doing it yourself. maybe if he played the 1st Miami game he would have recognized what they were trying to do today. cant see that from the sidelines

2 hours ago, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

I saw that live as well...I was thinking up until he answered that question how well he was handling himself but the answer to that one was a true Jekyll and Hyde moment...this kid is more shrewd than many think, me included....and not in a good way.

I keep going back to when he wouldn't agree to the offset language in his contract before he signed.  Now it appears that he knew he sucked and was making the most of his choreographed pro days.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, SteveElement said:

I agree with Colon here. He’s a young man who is clearly frustrated. Not going to make a big deal about a misstep in the PC. 

My goodness, DJ is thirsty for Zach to make him famous... Tweeting the video of this exchange is shameless. 

Zach shouldn't have let it bother him so visibly, but I think Bart totally over reacted and misunderstood the exchange. 

DJ saw Zach talking about the 2H play turning against him when the Fins went man and thought he could get Zach to take a shot at his teammates. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

I disagree that the defense is a bigger problem. Obviously the defense has been terrible and is a major concern. But I was pretty much expecting that.

If we could score more than 16 points a game and we were losing shootouts I’d be right there with you

You're surely in the minority with this take. 

This defense is on pace to be the worst of all time for the Jets with 3 games left. Needs a drastic turnaround to stave off that title. 

Nobody, including yourself, was expecting the defense to be THIS bad. I'll give you expecting terrible, but not historic terrible. 

And you expected this offense with zero playmakers and a rookie QB to score more than 16 a game? (Of which they've done 9 times anyways) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, fusionCA said:

I saw the start of the show and then i turned it off

not a word on the awful defense , not a word on the OL free rusher every snap

all they do is hammer Wilson and that it

Wilson has played bad most of the time this season but the D and OL and coaching has been much worse 

You do realize that show is more the 1:30 long right ? That was a segment of the show which focused on something Wilson said during a presser. FWIW as bad as other area's  of the team have played Wilson has easily played the worst.

At one point last week The Jets offense had 5 three and outs in a row and the Defense still kept us in the game. If Wilson and the offense can't sustain a drive and consistently lose the TOP battle in the first half the Defense is eventually going to wear out. That's Football and that's never going to change.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The problem with this is that Saleh and Douglas made this season 100% about Zach Wilson and **** everyone else so when the season enters the death spiral, it all lands in Wilson’s lap. They’re the ones who set the kid up to fail from the start, back in May, by treating him like a sacred cow. They’re the one who told the other 52 it was going to be a redshirt year, whether they liked it or not. And they’re the ones who chose to put Wilson back on the field after he ****ed his leg up when they could have opted to roll with White or Flacco. If the fans and the media want to hang this season around Zach’s throat, keep in mind that it’s Saleh and Douglas who tied the knot. 

All true

There are currently 31 NFL teams trying to win football games and 1 team trying to justify a QB / draft decision

3 hours ago, k-met57 said:

Yes

I’m sure there are exceptions, but it’s a telltale sign when a new head coach’s supposed forte (defensive game planning / coaching) is ripped to shreds on a weekly basis

even if Saleh’s specialty had been offense or ST, I’d expect him to have come up with a solution for the run D, but he hasn’t 

A Head Coach must be a problem solver, and Saleh has shown neither the ability nor inclination to do so 

When was the last time BB had a pisspoor defense?

Or the last time John Harbaugh had a subpar kicker or ST units?

BB lost like half his starting defense last year to opt-outs and injuries and it was still good

Harbaugh’s secondary is completely decimated yet he managed to take the #1 seed Packers to the wire today with a backup QB making his 2nd career start

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ryu79 said:

My goodness, DJ is thirsty for Zach to make him famous... Tweeting the video of this exchange is shameless. 

Zach shouldn't have let it bother him so visibly, but I think Bart totally over reacted and misunderstood the exchange. 

DJ saw Zach talking about the 2H play turning against him when the Fins went man and thought he could get Zach to take a shot at his teammates. 

these press conferences are so stupid. there just there to try to start conterversies.

why do i need to hear a player say... he has to do better, the team has to do better. 

or in a win, what he was thinking when he threw that TD.

everyone should act like Bill.

im not going to answer that.....

i will keep that between me and the players...

where on to the next team...

i would give the press sh*t

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Although I agree with almost everything you say here, there is one exception.

Zach is the lowest ranked QB in the league and QB is the most important position on the field. Yes, the defense is bad, but players can be replaced and schemes can be adjusted.
You can’t win with, or fix a bad QB. Unless he has a miraculous turnaround Zach is a big problem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Although I agree with almost everything you say here, there is one exception.

Zach is the lowest ranked QB in the league and QB is the most important position on the field. Yes, the defense is bad, but players can be replaced and schemes can be adjusted.
You can’t win with, or fix a bad QB. Unless he has a miraculous turnaround Zach is a big problem.

Disagree.  Once Zach gets some experience I see a better Pat Mahomes

• Haha 1

Sad that Bart Scott and the SNY crew has gone the ways of Rex Ryan, Mike Greenberg, and all the other cliche bait media. I find the Jets Youtube community so much more objective, intelligently critical, and listenable. I used to watch every post game. The rare times I've turned it on this season its been off in a few minutes. Its as bad as ESPN and all the others. Im surprised they don't also have a clock running  like CBS's ridiculous "Jets havent scored a TD in x amount of time." It is truly pathetic

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Barton said:

I will say this....anyone else notice that the Olineman on this team show no empathy towards Zach after he gets killed on a sack? Pretty weird body language out there. 

Yes, I do see that, yet in a year of so much losing and bad play there have been almost no negative comments to the media from players and coaches

Bart Scott has been an absolute disgrace when discussing Zach Wilson.  

Just another guy that didn't like him pre-draft and using is microphone to justify his position regardless of reality.   It's constant attacking....

Even after the Tenn. game - his reaction to that game post game - was to attack Wilson and say he was terrible.  Not a single complementary comment in the post game - just attacks.  Go watch it.

It's very sad...I just hope Wilson isn't listening to any of this pure nonsense.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

13 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Sad that Bart Scott and the SNY crew has gone the ways of Rex Ryan, Mike Greenberg, and all the other cliche bait media. I find the Jets Youtube community so much more objective, intelligently critical, and listenable. I used to watch every post game. The rare times I've turned it on this season its been off in a few minutes. Its as bad as ESPN and all the others. Im surprised they don't also have a clock running  like CBS's ridiculous "Jets havent scored a TD in x amount of time." It is truly pathetic

Yup, I used to love going to that post game after every game.  I haven't watched since the Tenn. game and go to a couple of Jet podcast that do a really nice post game show.

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

The problem with this is that Saleh and Douglas made this season 100% about Zach Wilson and **** everyone else so when the season enters the death spiral, it all lands in Wilson’s lap. They’re the ones who set the kid up to fail from the start, back in May, by treating him like a sacred cow. They’re the one who told the other 52 it was going to be a redshirt year, whether they liked it or not. And they’re the ones who chose to put Wilson back on the field after he ****ed his leg up when they could have opted to roll with White or Flacco. If the fans and the media want to hang this season around Zach’s throat, keep in mind that it’s Saleh and Douglas who tied the knot. 

Saleh basically took Zach out to the woodshed and beat the piss out of him and then threw him in the deep end of the pool knowing he can't swim.  If the Jets were a family Saleh would be charged with child abuse.  

Zach needs offseason therapy to deal with serious child abuse issues.  

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Personally, I don’t have much faith in Zach wilson ever becoming a good qb. I thought he was a massively overrated prospect coming out of college and I didn’t want to draft him. 

thru the 10 games he has played in the nfl he has shown me absolutely nothing to make me think he could become a franchise qb.

He has horrible footwork and struggles to complete basic nfl passes. Half his passes are in the dirt and the other half are thrown 3 feet above his intended wrs.

it’s highly likely the jets will be picking very high in the 2023 nfl draft IMO. unless we trade for a guy like garoppalo. 

how do I know Bryce young will be a franchise qb? I don’t. But he was the #1 qb recruit in 2020. Probably the best qb prospect Alabama has ever had. Already won a heisman. And he plays in the sec against real competition. The odds of him being a franchise qb are much higher than zach wilson

To get him, we would need to pick #1 - you ready for another horrible year to get there? Wasn't Trevor the last best QB prospect? If we were to fail enough to draft Bryce, how many games does he get to prove his merit? I rewatched game last night - while Zack was hardly good in the second half, the same could be said for the Jets RBs. I saw Zack scramble and run for a 1st only to have it brought back for an OL penalty. How many times was he hit by an unblocked rusher? Jets kept extra TE and RB in to avoid these hits thus reducing the targets who couldn't get separation.

Unless Captain America is back there, not sure we would do any better. The OL and the rest of the team needs to be fixed first. If we do fix the OL next year, I doubt we get the #1 pick even with Zack back there.  

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

As they should have. 

As it is about the QB in Jax, Chicago and NE 

This is how football is played in the 2000's.  You draft a QB in the first, he usually starts and its all about him.