Jump to content

Bart Scott’s Zach Wilson rant


SteveElement
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

well no but no because he liked the defense.  his point was that the offense did very little, at least in the second half, to help the defense.  they got the ball first in the second half and they immediately go 3 and out.  maybe the first series doesn't matter as much as going 3 and out after giving up points but it kind of showed they didn't adjust at the half.  lafleur or whomever had to think about the changes the doltfins would make.  the jets just didn't counter them.  and neither did wilson.  it's possible that only wilson didn't adjust.

imo, scott was right.  he sees wilson bring his own coach in.  kind of means he doesn't have his big boy pants on.  and once they brought in beck, why do they have cavanaugh?  the qb needs to listen to only one person.

Sorry but pretty much every team we play shreds us - particularly on the run. Even when other QBs are playing and we are scoring in the second half - remember there was a time when we never scored in the first - we never got the game winning stops we needed; yes - the defense did take the ball away a few times, but they also let TUA score 21 points in the second half - should the Jets not 3-and-out? absolutely, but there are games where the offense gets the ball once in a quarter - also, pretty easy to blame Wilson (not defending him), but the OL not only didn't protect him, but they had penalties and didn't block well on the run. He had no problem calling out the Pats defense in a game where the Pat's O barely scored.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, elvispookie said:

Originally I was with you on this comment.  But that week I got to listen to Bart clarify what he was saying about the Tenn game.  His main gripe was ALL the plays that ZW made in that game were "off script" plays.  Yes, they look great on ESPN when they work.. but you cant be an NFL QB ONLY making off script plays.  You have to go through your reads and progressions.  Stay in the pocket.  Blah blah.  

Since his clarification that is literally ONE of the many things I pay attention to with ZW.  How fast does he bail out of the pocket.  Did he complete his reads? Did he give up too quick? etc.. 

ZW has gotten better with being a little more decisive but he has a bad habit of looking down one receiver - and if thats not there - he bails and runs around.  I dont see the head turning for progressions all the time. 

With that said, I think Bart was right that day about Tenn. 

While I agree with what you're saying about the TN game and he may have been right...

That's not really the point - Bart was angry...not a single compliment - he came out aggressively upset with his performance...you would have thought he threw 4 int's and lost the game by 30 if you listened to the way he described his performance.  

Kids 4th game, he balled out and made some impressive plays to put the team on his back to win the game. 

Commenting on how he needs to play like a more traditional QB if he wants to be a true FQB would be very fair...he did run around then and took far too many chances - always looking for the big play....

You can acknowledge how impressive he performed (certainly in comparison to the first three weeks) acknowledge that you saw the "special" stuff he was touted as having - and then discuss some of the flaws of that performance...I would have had no problem at all with that - but that's not what happened.

Bart Scott is very biased against Wilson and it's obvious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

He’s young. He’s not a natural leader. That will have to be honed by veterans and coaches around him. 
 

He comes off a little like I don’t give a sh*t which is kinda problematic. But when your HC is saying the same thing I can’t blame him to much 

I don't care if he is Ryan Leaf in interviews as long as he's a top 10 QB on the field.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jgb said:

Unlike "ancient" 26 year old Mike White who probably needed to be briefed to talk into the microphone after blowing up the Bengals.

What does how MW does or doesnt handles the media have to do with ZW?   

I get that the show now is MW vs ZW as players but now its gone beyond that why?

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

He comes off a little like I don’t give a sh*t which is kinda problematic. But when your HC is saying the same thing I can’t blame him to much 

Pretty much wrong twice with the same thought for each.  

No one other than you gets this.  Just as players all seem to think hes their leader

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Pretty much wrong twice with the same thought for each.  

No one other than you gets this.  Just as players all seem to think hes their leader

He does give off that vibe. But I also don't care. Performance is all I care about.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What does how MW does or doesnt handles the media have to do with ZW?   

I get that the show now is MW vs ZW as players but now its gone beyond that why?

There is nothing extraordinary about how Zach handles the media. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jgb said:

He does give off that vibe. But I also don't care. Performance is all I care about.

There is nothing extraordinary about how Zach handles the media. 

I never said that theres anything extraordinary in the way Zach handles the media.  Hes well spoken, I'll give him that, doesnt fumble over his words.  Or cone off like a "little shlt" the way little Kevin thinks he does

And as you say, if he sucks with the media and performs no one will care.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Jet Nut said:

I never said that theres anything extraordinary in the way Zach handles the media.  Hes well spoken, I'll give him that, doesnt fumble over his words.  Or cone off like a "little shlt" the way little Kevin thinks he does

And as you say, if he sucks with the media and performs no one will care.

 

I guess I overestimated your point of view when you said he handles the vultures well. Mea culpa.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

That's ok, mistakes happen.

But I never said he handles the vultures well

At least I dont think I did. lol

Ah, you responded to a conversation I was having with someone else. Thought it was with you.

Mea culpa x 2

  • Sympathy 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2021 at 10:28 PM, Beerfish said:

The young rookie QB is a disappointment.

The defense is exponentially a bigger problem and disappointment.  It's not close.

7 of the last 9 games they have given up 30 points or more. The two other games they gave up 27 and 24.

And no it is not because offense is doing nothing, it is because the D cannot stop anything or anyone.

Other than a few nice sparks in single games this year this team has stunk top to bottom in all phases.

The good news is the defense should be fairly easy to fix this offseason, with all the resources at Douglas' disposal.  Fix the pass rush and you mostly fix the defense.

QB, obviously, never has an easy fix.  Hence why QB will always be the bigger concern until one is found.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The good news is the defense should be fairly easy to fix this offseason, with all the resources at Douglas' disposal.  Fix the pass rush and you mostly fix the defense.

QB, obviously, never has an easy fix.  Hence why QB will always be the bigger concern until one is found.

No.  Our scheme is beyond awful, it is stink bad. 

We spent more on defense in Fa than offense last year.  The entire back half of the draft was defense.

Now because our dsucks so bad suddenly it is due to lack of talent after drafting d for 10 years.

I have no doubt this will be a D heavy draft this coming year, and it will be a mistake.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No.  Our scheme is beyond awful, it is stink bad. 

We spent more on defense in Fa than offense last year.  The entire back half of the draft was defense.

Now because our dsucks so bad suddenly it is due to lack of talent after drafting d for 10 years.

I have no doubt this will be a D heavy draft this coming year, and it will be a mistake.

The highest defensive player taken in the draft so far by Douglas has been a 3rd rounder.  Last year the highest defensive player he took was in Rd 5.

Obviously the talent sucks on D.  Maccagnan was making all the picks of significance on that side of the ball, plus massively overpaying his ILB.  Macc using a bunch of high picks on D that didn't work out shouldn't have any influence on what Douglas does on that side of the ball.

The scheme does suck, at least at the moment, but the basic principles are going nowhere as long as Saleh is here:  Pass rush will be the priority, and heavy investment will be made to that end.  Considering we haven't had a high-end pass rusher since 2005, I am not against taking an EDGE rusher high.  Particularly since this draft class seems to be pointing in that direction in the top 10 range anyways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Not just that but also bringing his personal QB coach mid-season.  It's over the top.  Players see it.  100%.  That's why they appreciated Mike White so much, they know the grind he's put in, nothing was given to him.  He's earned his stay in this league.  This sh*t matters in the locker-room. 

This is the most spot on post in a thread full of really good posts. 

 

That gif of Wilson at the draft was soooo on point, and he can't change who he is. Entitled rich kid, BM on Small Campus, coddled pretty boy. 

 

Unless he gets his sh*t together fast and starts playing much better, it'll be a tough rep to shake. 

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

I been in leadership positions for over a decade

from what I observe 

How can you observe when 99% of how he acts in his leadership role happens behind closed doors and isnt even spoken about?  

Bart Scott talked about how he had teammates over his house on whatever night every week he was a Jet.  Did you know that, I didnt.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly can’t believe that the same guy blasting Wilson for giving a non-answer is the same guy who got into a fight with Dan Leberfield in the locker room and said this in regards to the media when he was here:
C15F6E92-07AA-40F4-9D9B-44242033041A.jpeg.ce69708c523aa0c5e93ec5e14e873951.jpeg

Zach didn’t play particularly out of this world Sunday but, since losing Moore and Davis, he hasn’t been playing with a full deck.  Critiquing play is one thing, but DJ Bienaime asked him a loaded question hoping that he’d throw his teammates under the bus or make excuses.  Now the beat and Bart are throwing a hissy fit because he didn’t give them a quote.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I honestly can’t believe that the same guy blasting Wilson for giving a non-answer is the same guy who got into a fight with Dan Leberfield in the locker room and said this in regards to the media when he was here:
C15F6E92-07AA-40F4-9D9B-44242033041A.jpeg.ce69708c523aa0c5e93ec5e14e873951.jpeg

Zach didn’t play particularly out of this world Sunday but, since losing Moore and Davis, he hasn’t been playing with a full deck.  Critiquing play is one thing, but DJ Bienaime asked him a loaded question hoping that he’d throw his teammates under the bus or make excuses.  Now the beat and Bart are throwing a hissy fit because he didn’t give them a quote.

THIS!!!! Exactly. I was shocked by Bart given what I remember of how he hated these media tactics as a player. 

  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/20/2021 at 12:27 PM, FidelioJet said:

While I agree with what you're saying about the TN game and he may have been right...

That's not really the point - Bart was angry...not a single compliment - he came out aggressively upset with his performance...you would have thought he threw 4 int's and lost the game by 30 if you listened to the way he described his performance.  

Kids 4th game, he balled out and made some impressive plays to put the team on his back to win the game. 

Commenting on how he needs to play like a more traditional QB if he wants to be a true FQB would be very fair...he did run around then and took far too many chances - always looking for the big play....

You can acknowledge how impressive he performed (certainly in comparison to the first three weeks) acknowledge that you saw the "special" stuff he was touted as having - and then discuss some of the flaws of that performance...I would have had no problem at all with that - but that's not what happened.

Bart Scott is very biased against Wilson and it's obvious

Fair point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...