Honestly Where is the Bright Side With the Jets?

TerrapinJet

QB: Clear Bust - people that say he has potential are just hoping he does. I respect the optimism but its not based on anything but hope. Hes shown nothing but disaster after disaster

OL: Awful - but honestly somehow not as bad as the QB/defense

Skill Players: Non Existent - we have noone. They are all jags. 

Defense: barely NFL caliber - perhaps the worst part of our team, including QB. Its a close call but i think the defense is somehow worse.

The draft will change none of this because our coaches cant coach. Even if they could draft (which they cant) the coaches still cant coach. 

Free agency could change some of this but even if you address one of these or two of these areas...the most important part, QB, will still suck and our coaches still wont be able to coach.

2022 is a rebuilding year. Rebuild years back to back and theres the bright side - one day theyll be a new regime to find new ways to be bad. I've learned to find joy in the comical nature of the jets. They find new ways to make me laugh just about every game.   Hope all is well!

-TerrapinJet

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 16
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TerrapinJet said:

QB: Clear Bust - people that say he has potential are just hoping he does. I respect the optimism but its not based on anything but hope. Hes shown nothing but disaster after disaster

Defense: barely NFL caliber - perhaps the worst part of our team, including QB. Its a close call but i think the defense is somehow worse.

The draft will change none of this because our coaches cant coach. Even if they could draft (which they cant) the coaches still cant coach. 

Free agency could change some of this but even if you address one of these or two of these areas...the most important part, QB, will still suck and our coaches still wont be able to coach.

2022 is a rebuilding year. Rebuild years back to back and theres the bright side - one day theyll be a new regime to find new ways to be bad. I've learned to find joy in the comical nature of the jets. They find new ways to make me laugh just about every game.   Hope all is well!

-TerrapinJet

Nevermind.

The O, separate from Wilson, is better than it looks with Wilson. Three three non-Wilson games showed that clearly.

Wilson tho is, IMO, a dead bust walking. He’ll get his uncontested three years to prove it or prove it wrong, but so far he is total trash.

The D…..no idea. Doesn’t seem a lot of positive there.

Coaching Staff so far is entirely unimpressive.

JD is best trading away poor talent, not finding great talent himself. But he’s still one of the positives at this point, which probably says a lot about where we are.

We have alot of picks. And a lot of cap space. Hopefully JD uses it and uses it well. But this D and Wilson both are a looooong way from viability right now.

• Upvote 2

I really would not be surprised if the Johnsons take some of our draft bounty and trade for Wilson, Watson or Rodgers, requiring the Jets to pay them without the draft picks for support. 
Hahahaha further hobbling this forlorne franchise ... forcing its faithful to watch an overpaid Ne'er-do-well that is consuming 65 percent of the cap with a sh*t team.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

Agree there's not a ton to be optimistic about although it's not quite as bleak as you make it out to be.

I think if you bolster the interior OL and add a playmaker at WR the offense is closer to being pretty good than you think. QB play is the biggest issue here (more on that later.)

Another year of retooling the defense to fit the scheme (in particular adding some elite DL talent with our first four picks) should improve things there as well although we're probably further off there.

Elephant in the room is Wilson. Douglas and Saleh are tied at the hip with him. If he continues on his current trajectory of being a massive bust none of it matters. If they were smart they'd make sure to have a capable backup on the roster next year because I absolutely think sticking with him at all costs has the potential to sink all of them whereas a willingness to move off him if he continues to suck could save their jobs.

• Upvote 2

-TerrapinJet

You said “ Hope”. That’s all I got. Please don’t take that away

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The Jets are a lot closer than they’re being given credit for. When you lose as many starters as the Jets have this year and were an average at best team to begin with, you get the output we’ve seen.

Getting healthy is the first major step. The next step is to go all in on free agency in March and then try to repeat the 2021 draft in April. Do that and this team is turning around in a hurry

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TerrapinJet said:

QB: Clear Bust

I stopped here. Not a "clear bust." He is a 22 year old QB who is overwhelmed by the speed of the game. If you don't see his tools and talent, there isn't much left to talk about. We can agree that he is not ready to lead a team. I wouldn't argue for a moment about that.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Agree there's not a ton to be optimistic about although it's not quite as bleak as you make it out to be.

I think if you bolster the interior OL and add a playmaker at WR the offense is closer to being pretty good than you think. QB play is the biggest issue here (more on that later.)

Another year of retooling the defense to fit the scheme (in particular adding some elite DL talent with our first four picks) should improve things there as well although we're probably further off there.

Elephant in the room is Wilson. Douglas and Saleh are tied at the hip with him. If he continues on his current trajectory of being a massive bust none of it matters. If they were smart they'd make sure to have a capable backup on the roster next year because I absolutely think sticking with him at all costs has the potential to sink all of them whereas a willingness to move off him if he continues to suck could save their jobs.

If this proves to be the plan going forward, there is only one way to approach this. Spending one of our first four picks on a QB and have an open competition from the first day of mini camp.

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, section314 said:

If this proves to be the plan going forward, there is only one way to approach this. Spending one of our first four picks on a QB and have an open competition from the first day of mini camp.

They clearly won't do that.

But the smart play would be to bring in a Jimmy Garapolo/Gardner Minshew type who could be the starter if things go poorly.

Sticking with Mike White or Joe Flacco or any kind of veteran who won't be perceived as a threat to Wilson would be a huge, huge mistake for this regime.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

They clearly won't do that.

But the smart play would be to bring in a Jimmy Garapolo/Gardner Minshew type who could be the starter if things go poorly.

Sticking with Mike White or Joe Flacco or any kind of veteran who won't be perceived as a threat to Wilson would be a huge, huge mistake for this regime.

The only way JD can fix this mess if he truly believes he is wrong on Zach would be to do what Steve Keim did in Arizona and take another QB. Let them battle it out. Bringing in either of those two guys is not going to solve the problem.

2 minutes ago, section314 said:

The only way JD can fix this mess if he truly believes he is wrong on Zach would be to do what Steve Keim did in Arizona and take another QB. Let them battle it out. Bringing in either of those two guys is not going to solve the problem.

I don't agree.

We're better off bringing in a competent veteran who can win some games and show what this is supposed to look like. Then drafting another QB down the line. Competence first.

Picking another lottery pick at QB right now isn't a good idea.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I don't agree.

We're better off bringing in a competent veteran who can win some games and show what this is supposed to look like. Then drafting another QB down the line. Competence first.

Picking another lottery pick at QB right now isn't a good idea.

I actually agree.

And they're not moving on from Zach. We invested more in him than Arizona did in Rosen and there isn't a Kyler Murray coming out. Not to mention they had a new HC coming in and he was always gonna want his own guy. 

I wouldn't be against it if they really like a QB but it just isn't happening. I want a proven starter. Shame Bridgewater may have just been concussed into retirement as he's the obvious steady pair of hands that would be available. 

• Upvote 2