Really Really Really Bad Coaching Job Yesterday

SoFlaJets

The team still cannot make halftime or in-game adjustments, and that is absolutely on the coaches.

The Jets, particularly the O, looked pretty good in the first half yesterday, but woeful in the second half.

Because Miami adjusted to what we were doing. And, once Miami adjusted to what we were doing, we just kept doing what we were doing in the hope it would start working again. Which it didn't.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

The team still cannot make halftime or in-game adjustments, and that is absolutely on the coaches.

The Jets, particularly the O, looked pretty good in the first half yesterday, but woeful in the second half.

Because Miami adjusted to what we were doing. And, once Miami adjusted to what we were doing, we just kept doing what we were doing the hope it would start working again. Which it didn't.

I've been saying that this coaching staff can't differentiate its ass from its elbow.  It's painstakingly obvious.  Both sides of the ball.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Team is a disaster top to bottom.

Same old Jets.

But I hear if we just wait till 2023 (Or maybe 2024) we might be competitive.

So stop being so impatient, right?

I remember when we would be pissed if Rex Ryan's coaches weren't making adjustments from series to series but at least they'd do SOMETHING different after half time changes. We just continue to be forced to watch the same sh*t happening over and over and over again. except it's getting worse after each assistant ex-defensive coordinator is hired  and then fired. They're running out of candidates to keep this up.

I remember how I was excited when they broke precedence and finally hired an ex-OC, Adam Gase drove them right back to the SOS 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I watched whoever it was at TE NOT EVEN look that way and the RB not even see the blitz coming. THAT, is ALL on the coaches.

Wait, that play where the RDE came in untouched after both the TE and RB just ignored him, you think that was a *coaching* issue?  You mean like at halftime, they should have made an adjustment, and said "OK, new play, if we have 2 guys standing in front of a rusher, how about we try having 1 of them block him?"

• Haha 3

The most disheartening part of this is the lack of hope for the future of this team. It's the same cycle over and over with no relief in sight.  We are stuck on a carousel of sh*tty GM's and sh*tty coaches. We know how this latest iteration of a rebuild is going to end with Douglas and Saleh, but we have to sit here for at least another year before the NEXT big changes are made, the front office and players team are purged, and the next rebuild starts.  When does this all end? When is the payoff? This team is a JOKE. 

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

To not even make ONE adjustment to the blocking schemes as the Fins were blitzing and sacking Wilson UNTOUCHED! Every single one of us played better football at the schoolyard than what they allowed to happen to the play and to the QB. If I was playing QB in a game and I was getting killed play after play by a guy on the backside I would be pointing a finger at the TE and the RB for both of them to make sure that guy doesn't get through-AGAIN. I watched whoever it was at TE NOT EVEN look that way and the RB not even see the blitz coming. THAT, is ALL on the coaches.

I think not having Fant and then losing AVT really hurt big time . Mcdermott, Feeney and Van Rotten are not quality NFL Oline backups. I do agree both the RB's and TE's were horrid in pickups or even just chipping a Defender. Some of it is coaching but a large % is talent level of our backups.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Team is a complete and utter disaster 

bad coaching 

historically bad defense 

bad qb play 

average running 

You couldn’t ask for worse right now

Although if you hear it from Saleh this is  “the plan”

You forgot to mention Joe Douglas.
 He picked Saleh, Zach and drafted or signed over 85% of this team.

I'm not going to make excuses for the coaching staff, they do have to do better. But consider they have done better when they had someone who isn't the least-efficient NFL QB behind center.

I think their play calling is very limited by where Zach is right now. Again, it's their job to get him where he needs to be and they haven't done that. But I don't think it's as simple as LaFleur and by extension Saleh are incompetent.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Team is a disaster top to bottom.

Same old Jets.

But I hear if we just wait till 2023 (Or maybe 2024) we might be competitive.

So stop being so impatient, right?

It's crazy how every year or every time we get a new QB/Coach/GM we always hear we will be competing in a few years. It gets tiring and not sure about anyone else but football has become completely boring to me now. I used to watch every game on redzone, now I watch half of a jet game and just disgusted by it. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, mrcoops said:

Because Miami adjusted to what we were doing. And, once Miami adjusted to what we were doing, we just kept doing what we were doing in the hope it would start working again. Which it didn't.

So, not defending the coaches, but how are they supposed to adjust when the Jets clearly do not have the talent to do so? Our O-line is just mediocre as a whole when Becton is at LT and Fant at RT, now Fant plays LT and leaves nothing at RT - with him out, we have nothing at the tackles - then we loose AVT for a few plays.

The offense did adjust - they went to TE packages and kept a TE and a RB in most plays to help the protection. But, with a lack of talent at WR, there was nobody to throw to. Plus, because the OL is every changing the the TEs are mediocre and the RBs are inexperienced, how many times did we see the TE and RB miss on protection duties?

Maybe Saleh and his staff is the worst thing around, but really, how do you adjust to the fact the Miami, who has a great pass rush, dialed up the pressure and we barely have bodies trying to stop them. Other than AVT, how many of the OL that played yesterday would be starters on other teams? How many would even be active on other teams as backups?

24 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

bad job yesterday ??? how about horrible job all year.  GM has been a disaster and the cs is clueless.  And it is not going to get any better even if they have five first round picks in 2022. 

Yeah, I’m past the point of worrying about draft picks and position. Maybe when they show they can pick and develop a few impact players I’ll come around, but for now, I could care less.

It’s the same bs every year. Nothing changes.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, IAmCyan said:

How can the defense play 2 quarters and not show up for the 2nd half.  How can they hold Derrick Henry in check and not show up for the Colts game.  It might be they don't respect their coach.  

Henry ran for 157 yards against the Jets... a full half a yard/carry above his season average...

47 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Yeah, I’m past the point of worrying about draft picks and position. Maybe when they show they can pick and develop a few impact players I’ll come around, but for now, I could care less.

NFL is an incredible marketing success and have created the first year-round sports season.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

And it all goes back to the top.

Johnson hires Gase (a mistake).  Gase brings in his mistake with JD.  JD brings in his mistake, Saleh.  Saleh brings in his mistakes on the CS.

When the first decisions at the top are mistakes, everything from there on down is faulty. 

• Upvote 3

I’ve never lost hope in a new regime even close to as quickly as I have for Douglas, Saleh and Zach. I’m usually patient, seeking glimpses of…something, anything. 

Specifically for Zach and Saleh, if you were to give it unbiased thought, could you see either/both ever hoisting up a Lombardi Trophy? It makes me chuckle thinking about it. Best to cut losses sooner rather than waiting for the inevitable. Saleh seems to be a good man and Zach a good kid, but I’m ready to pull the plug on both (and Douglas can be fired today). 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

And it all goes back to the top.

Johnson hires Gase (a mistake).  Gase brings in his mistake with JD.  JD brings in his mistake, Saleh.  Saleh brings in his mistakes on the CS.

When the first decisions at the top are mistakes, everything from there on down is faulty. 

Good post. Bums me out we are in this situation. 

• Upvote 1