Who would be your first pick at WR?

UntouchableCrew

Who would be your first WR off the board?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your first WR off the board?

• Jameson Williams, Alabama
    • Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
    • Drake London, USC
    • Chris Olave, Ohio State
    • Treylon Burks, Arkansas
    • Other

With Moore and Davis out none of our WRs seem to be able to get separation. As I become more comfortable with the OL taking a playmaker on offense seems to make more and more sense.

If we were to take a WR with the Seahawks pick (for purposes of this exercise let's assume this would be the first WR taken) who would be your first choice?

Jameson Williams, Alabama

The single biggest riser at the receiver position this year, Williams has put himself into Biletnikoff Award contention after transferring from Ohio State. He’s put up 1,259 yards and 13 scores with a 20.6 yards per catch average.

Garrett Wilson, Ohio State

The natural. Wilson simply moves differently from every other receiver in this class. He’s got such easy separation and YAC ability that his modest 6-foot, 192-pound frame is no worry. Wilson has hauled in 12 scores this year and has generated a 141.7 passer rating when targeted.

Drake London, USC

It’s a shame London’s season ended with a broken ankle after only eight games because he was on an unmatched statistical tear. He racked up 88 catches for 1,084 yards and seven scores over that span. He’s a massive 6-foot-5, 210-pounder who still leads college football with 19 contested catches.

Chris Olave, Ohio State

One of the best route-runners in college football, Olave is as consistent a downfield threat as you’ll see in the class. In total, 13 of his 65 catches ended in scores this season.

Treylon Burks, Arkansas

Burks' combination of size (6-foot-3, 225 pounds) and speed is unrivaled in the class. He racked up 1,100 yards and 11 scores this season. The true junior should be a weapon on the vertical tree in the NFL.

What say you, JN?

• Post of the Week 1

9 hours ago, derp said:

I think the first receiver taken will be Williams.

Fit wise I think it’s easy to make a case for Williams, London, or Burks for the Jets.

Think the deep threat Williams brings would allow Moore to eat and for some designed deep shots for Wilson. Great for creating space on the field, which the Jets really need. I think it’s the skill set the Jets need the most. I’d also argue pure speed is the skill they can find later if they wait on WR and tends to get overdrafted. But I like that Williams came to Alabama and supplanted Metchie, Alabama has put out lots of good receivers, and that Williams is a good punt gunner. Feel like if you’re hyped to make a tackle on the punt team you like football and that’s important in a sport guys get knocked around a bunch and make millions of dollars.

Burks I think is the best fit. Big body, athletic, and used a lot on designed runs and screens - translates to the offensive scheme and makes it easy to find ways to utilize him off the bat as he develops. More someone you’d bring along slowly behind Moore and Davis but I think the WR3 role is perfect for that and he has #1 upside. I kind of think the Deebo Samuel trajectory. He’d add a red zone presence more than Williams and complement Moore in that way. The thicker WR’s tend to translate well too. I also don't think there’s any chance he goes around the Seattle pick so you’re realistically probably talking trade down target. But I think he’s underrated in this class.

London probably has the highest upside. Great athleticism, still learning, basketball background, hyper productive, huge, lots of toughness after the catch. Reminds me of Mike Evans coming out, all that good and also with some of the playing high and lack of wiggle. I’m not sure his lateral movement is awesome for the scheme but LaFleur’s brother has tried to work with giants doing something similar in GB. And I’m not sure if he lacks the lateral movement or if he just still runs more like a basketball player than a football player. Definite after the catch toughness though. Like I said, reminds me a ton of Evans coming out and that’s a really good thing. If he wasn’t injured I think he’d have made a case for himself as a legitimate top ten prospect and I guess depending on if he’s able to work out post injury maybe he’s able to cement himself as that. I’ve gotten him with the Jets’ first second round pick in mocks and think that would be an absolute home run - but I think he’s got a pretty wide range right now so we’ll see as things get closer.

Can also definitely make a case for Wilson in a trade down I just don’t know how I feel about the fit. Wilson just strikes me like he’s going to be a good NFL receiver - like a quality #2 target. That’s awesome and valuable but I think probably more valuable to other teams than it is to the Jets who need guys defenses really need to account for more than anything. Think he’d be perfect for the Chargers if they let Williams go playing across from Allen or the Bills across from Diggs - step in and produce across from a true #1 off the bat. 

Olave is super smooth but I think comparable situation to Wilson, he’s also just older and leaner.

I’m surprised you think London has a higher upside than Burks. Burks screams raw physical freak. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hal N of Provo said:

Olave catches TDs next season as a Jet.  Moore and Davis get more yards, but that trio complements each other.  

Zach likes a receiver who likes to body up and come down with contested passes.  He’s tried to make someone that receiver but they aren’t on the team yet.  

I don’t think you draft Olave to be that type of receiver.  

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I don’t think you draft Olave to be that type of receiver.  

His tape looks like he just plays that way.  Randy Moss, Megatron weren’t boring possession WRs they were used like speed guys, they just played like beasts going to every ball with aggression.  

(Unless he runs a 4.3/4.4 I’m not trying to make that comp btw lol.  He’d be in number 1 pick discussion if that was the comp).  

I'm a Burks or London guy because I think it complements the team well. Although if you told me we'd for sure be upgrading at TE this offseason, I'd be way more willing to go the Williams or Wilson route.

Make Davis the complementary receiver he is instead of the feature WR and we have an actually elite corps with him and Moore + 1.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Hal N of Provo said:

No.   I am an idiot lol.  I don’t know these guys and clicked on Drake London.   

Lol…ok that makes sense and I totally agree about London.  He’ll do things for this offense that we haven’t had for a very long time.  It also frees up Moore and will allow him some more space.  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, derp said:

I think the first receiver taken will be Williams.

Fit wise I think it’s easy to make a case for Williams, London, or Burks for the Jets.

Think the deep threat Williams brings would allow Moore to eat and for some designed deep shots for Wilson. Great for creating space on the field, which the Jets really need. I think it’s the skill set the Jets need the most. I’d also argue pure speed is the skill they can find later if they wait on WR and tends to get overdrafted. But I like that Williams came to Alabama and supplanted Metchie, Alabama has put out lots of good receivers, and that Williams is a good punt gunner. Feel like if you’re hyped to make a tackle on the punt team you like football and that’s important in a sport guys get knocked around a bunch and make millions of dollars.

Burks I think is the best fit. Big body, athletic, and used a lot on designed runs and screens - translates to the offensive scheme and makes it easy to find ways to utilize him off the bat as he develops. More someone you’d bring along slowly behind Moore and Davis but I think the WR3 role is perfect for that and he has #1 upside. I kind of think the Deebo Samuel trajectory. He’d add a red zone presence more than Williams and complement Moore in that way. The thicker WR’s tend to translate well too. I also don't think there’s any chance he goes around the Seattle pick so you’re realistically probably talking trade down target. But I think he’s underrated in this class.

London probably has the highest upside. Great athleticism, still learning, basketball background, hyper productive, huge, lots of toughness after the catch. Reminds me of Mike Evans coming out, all that good and also with some of the playing high and lack of wiggle. I’m not sure his lateral movement is awesome for the scheme but LaFleur’s brother has tried to work with giants doing something similar in GB. And I’m not sure if he lacks the lateral movement or if he just still runs more like a basketball player than a football player. Definite after the catch toughness though. Like I said, reminds me a ton of Evans coming out and that’s a really good thing. If he wasn’t injured I think he’d have made a case for himself as a legitimate top ten prospect and I guess depending on if he’s able to work out post injury maybe he’s able to cement himself as that. I’ve gotten him with the Jets’ first second round pick in mocks and think that would be an absolute home run - but I think he’s got a pretty wide range right now so we’ll see as things get closer.

Can also definitely make a case for Wilson in a trade down I just don’t know how I feel about the fit. Wilson just strikes me like he’s going to be a good NFL receiver - like a quality #2 target. That’s awesome and valuable but I think probably more valuable to other teams than it is to the Jets who need guys defenses really need to account for more than anything. Think he’d be perfect for the Chargers if they let Williams go playing across from Allen or the Bills across from Diggs - step in and produce across from a true #1 off the bat. 

Olave is super smooth but I think comparable situation to Wilson, he’s also just older and leaner.

For me its similar.

Wilson is the 1 guy for me, he's a legit 3 level player where he can operate effectively all over the field.  I would argue he may be the only true 3 level WR in the draft.  That plays all over this offense. I actually really see him as a robert woods type of player.  He would be a really good fit in the offense, but that doesnt mean i think he's exactly what the team needs right now.  I may take him if i could only get 1 receiver because I'm most sure about his skill compared to the other guys, but I do think other guys fill needs at WR better. 

If we talk about filling a role for a team, im not sure anyone is better than Williams.  Guys a big time player, can be a return man, tough, very good route runner, and coming from a top program that has turned out great pro WRs the last few years.  Not only that he possesses somethign we just dont have right now and thats PURE GAME SPEED.  He can flat out fly and he puts alot of pressure on defenses at different levels of the field.  One of the only other guys in the draft that may walk in a legit 3 level threat.  him and moore complement each other extremely well and when you factor davis into that equation i think its the most natural fit in this offense right now. 

London and Burks are very similar to me and either one can slot in as number 3 in this (I currently have Burks at 3).  London at minimum is going to be very good possession WR.  He has reliable hands, really good at using his 6'5 frame and very long arms to go up for contested catches, and is a good WR over the middle.  Speed is not his game so that may be the reason he gets knocked down on a list for a team that really needs speed, but theres no denying his ability to provide a BIG target in the intermediate part of the field fills a void in the jets offense that i think they hoped Davis would provide. The other issue is route running, at his size quick cuts and precise break points are not going to be his forte so that may also deter the jets who will put a premium on route running ability. 

Burks intrigues me, I have him maybe with a slight edge over london because of his upside, and Ive had him as high as 1/2 in my rankings for a while.  In the end the lack of route running ive seen so far, and his inconsistencies catching have dropped him down for me a little because i feel he has more bust in his potential than some of the other prospects like williams or wilson.  In the end though he's supremely talented, athletic, and has INSANE hand size (5XL Gloves).  Those tools can develop you have a legitimate number 1 WR on your hands who can win on deep contested catches as well as has the physicality in the screen game.  I know why people have him as their 1, his potential is off the charts, but the little inconsistencies I see in the film have moved him down to a close 3 for me. 

Olave is smooth as silk, but at the end of the day I feel like doesnt have the all around game some of the other players present or have the ability to present.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, BurntDice said:

I’m surprised you think London has a higher upside than Burks. Burks screams raw physical freak. 

It’s pretty close. I’m not entirely sure how either of them run, Burks is probably a little faster and he is thicker. London just recently started focusing on football full time though and put up absolutely insane numbers before his injury.

I think he’s got room for physical and technical growth as a football player that’s…I don’t want to say more attainable, but they’re on different stages of their development trajectories. And London probably isn’t quite as far along - so I guess I just see more room for growth but big production already.

I also think he catches the football in contested situations more naturally and while catching isn’t a height weight/speed/trait and can be improved for sure I think there’s always going to be a difference between a natural catcher and someone who had to work at it.

Certainly not unreasonable to say the 6’3 230 guy who’s probably a little faster has more upside though. It’s hard to compare them because they’re pretty different stylistically and I think they have ceilings and floors for different reasons. Do definitely think Burks is a better scheme fit too. 

London needs to run but I think he’s going to potentially be a prospect folks overthink.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, derp said:

It’s pretty close. I’m not entirely sure how either of them run, Burks is probably a little faster and he is thicker. London just recently started focusing on football full time though and put up absolutely insane numbers before his injury.

I think he’s got room for physical and technical growth as a football player that’s…I don’t want to say more attainable, but they’re on different stages of their development trajectories. And London probably isn’t quite as far along - so I guess I just see more room for growth but big production already.

I also think he catches the football in contested situations more naturally and while catching isn’t a height weight/speed/trait and can be improved for sure I think there’s always going to be a difference between a natural catcher and someone who had to work at it.

Certainly not unreasonable to say the 6’3 230 guy who’s probably a little faster has more upside though. It’s hard to compare them because they’re pretty different stylistically and I think they have ceilings and floors for different reasons. Do definitely think Burks is a better scheme fit too. 

London needs to run but I think he’s going to potentially be a prospect folks overthink.

London is definitely currently better in contested catch situations. I think Burks will run more than “a little” faster than London. I see London in the 4.5 range and Burks in the 4.3 range which is pretty huge separation wise. I agree that London is in the mike Williams/mike evans mold which would be great for this offense. Burks to me is in the dk metcalf mold, but more agile. 

Maybe I’m too high on Burks currently, but I believe he has a top tier athletic profile similar  to Julio, randy moss (to a lesser extent), etc but his route running is very raw and he needs a couple years to fully develop. 

I would love either to pair with Moore. There are so many good wrs in the 1st and early 2nd it’s going to be very hard to pass on these guys seeing the struggle when Moore and Davis are out.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, BurntDice said:

London is definitely currently better in contested catch situations. I think Burks will run more than “a little” faster than London. I see London in the 4.5 range and Burks in the 4.3 range which is pretty huge separation wise. I agree that London is in the mike Williams/mike evans mold which would be great for this offense. Burks to me is in the dk metcalf mold, but more agile. 

Maybe I’m too high on Burks currently, but I believe he has a top tier athletic profile similar  to Julio, randy moss (to a lesser extent), etc but his route running is very raw and he needs a couple years to fully develop. 

I would love either to pair with Moore. There are so many good wrs in the 1st and early 2nd it’s going to be very hard to pass on these guys seeing the struggle when Moore and Davis are out.

I generally get what you're saying though I can't see Burks comparing to Randy Moss. The Julio Jones-Metcalf stuff is maybe there, we'll see. I kind of think he's between those guys and AJ Brown - who's also excellent. Burks could run a 4.45 and it'd still be crazy for his size.

I probably understated the speed difference - you really don't get to see London open up much. I do wonder how much build up Burks needs and how that'll impact his 40. Adrian Peterson did nothing but run away from guys and ran I think 4.41. That said, I also think pure speed is overrated for WR's - granted there's a difference between being fast and a height weight speed freak. 

And I'm a huge fan of Burks. Like I said, I genuinely think you can make an argument for either having more upside. I just think the way London dominated and that he's barely even concentrated on football give him a lot of upside. I don't think we know what he looks like as a finished product physically for example - Burks looks pretty maxed out. And I think the natural receiving ability is really important. That and he's got the contested catch ability but also tough to bring down after the catch.

It's very close either way, I don't think it's completely clear cut. Like both a lot. Very different athletes. It's more pick your favorite ice cream than anything else I think - some people prefer different flavors.

• Upvote 2

Such a fun group b/c I think as prospects these guys are all generally even (ie I think you'll see them ranked differently by different evaluators) - but all bring so many different things to the table. 

I am struggling to figure out who I'd want more. There are some guys I think are probably a better fit in the offense, and some guys I think can either help the offense generally - or help ZW specifically. 

My list at the moment is probably: 

1) Jameson Williams

2) Garrett Wilson

3a) Drake London

3b) Trey Burks

I have Olave in the next tier with guys like Jahan Dotson - but I also haven't spent a ton of time watching Olave. 

The reason I love Jameson Williams is b/c of how I feel it would change the way defenses game plan against the Jets. I think one of the underrated parts of Tyreek Hills game is what he does for the rest of the KC offense. You need to have a safety over the top when Tyreek Hill is in man or risk the big play. This opens up so much underneath stuff for a guy like Travis Kelce. I saw a video that really broke down how defenses have to shift their coverages vs. KC - couldn't find it - but this article makes similar points: 

https://weeklyspiral.medium.com/nfl-film-breakdown-how-andy-reid-uses-tyreek-hill-to-open-up-the-entire-chiefs-offense-1f26d236abdd

My hope with Jameson is that between him and Moore we would constantly force defenses to respect the deep ball (which ZW was amazing at in college - not so much now - but hopefully it comes back). This deep threat would open things up underneath for a guy like Corey Davis, our future non Ryan Griffen TE, or Moore himself. It would also force defenses to not stuff the box as much - which you'd hope would open the run game. 

However, in a west coast offense the priority should probably be to get guys who are better route runners who can win over the middle of the field. That probably signals more to a Trey Burks - who can also be used as a gadget type player. 

Drake London was probably the most dominant WR in college while he was playing. My concern with guys who thrive in contested catch situations is that it seems to be more hit or miss projecting that skill to the next level, see: Mimz, Denzel. I want WRs who can separate at the NFL level - and I am very skeptical of London's ability to do so at the next level. He may be big/good enough to be a Mike Evans in the NFL, but I haven't seen ZW throw one jump ball to Mims - and even the ones to Corey Davis were more a function of a broken down play. I don't doubt Drake London could be a good prospect at the NFL level - but not sure I love the idea of drafting a guy in the top 15 and the message being to Zach throw it to him when he is blanketed. 

Finally Garret Wilson. He probably doesn't do much of anything a WR needs to do in the NFL the best of this group. But I just watch him and think this guy is a player. Its similar to the 2020 WR class. Ruggs had the best speed, Jeudy had the best route running ability,  Tee Higgins and Pittman had the best size, Mims was a great contested catch guy, Shenault was the best YAC guy. You know who the best WRs are so far? Ceedee Lamb and Justin Jefferson. Not as fast, not as big, not as good route runners, but they're just football players who know how to win routes. I get the CD/JJ vibes from Wilson, although I can't project him to be a top 10 WR in the league in year two. I always fall in love with traits - and at the end of the day those traits can deceive you - I think if I had a gun to my head I'd feel safest picking Garret Wilson. 

• Upvote 2

I've been going back and fourth between Williams and Wilson, the more Williams tape I watch the more and more I like his game. This scheme seems like it really calls for shifty, speedy wrs who can do damage crossing the field. Elijah and Williams on the field together would be very hard to scheme against 

• Upvote 1

Was looking at the recent first round WR’s who were absolute burners. Lots went back end of the top ten and none put up numbers like Williams this year.

Think he may be a combine “riser” but realistically he’s just not currently ranked where he’ll likely be drafted. If this is truly the weakest draft since 2013 he may push for top five status.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, derp said:

Was looking at the recent first round WR’s who were absolute burners. Lots went back end of the top ten and none put up numbers like Williams this year.

Think he may be a combine “riser” but realistically he’s just not currently ranked where he’ll likely be drafted. If this is truly the weakest draft since 2013 he may push for top five status.

Yep he’s gonna be the 2nd offensive player taken in round 1 behind Neal in my opinion, wouldn’t mind if it was to us either ??

A few other names I'd be curious to get people's opinions on who may fall into day two sleeper categories: 

Justyn Ross 

George Pickens

Joh Metchie III

Justyn Ross was a guy I was really excited about as a freshman, but injuries prevented him from playing his sophomore year and most of this year. He did light up Clemson in the national championship game and has great size. 

Pickens is another guy who was on track to be a first rounder before his ACL injury this spring. I've read some things about character concerns - so may not be a JD guy - but a tremendous talent. 

Metchie is another guy who will likely drop b/c of injury. He probably is somewhat redundant with Moore - so not sure he is the best fit - but an explosive player who can play inside or outside. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

A few other names I'd be curious to get people's opinions on who may fall into day two sleeper categories: 

Justyn Ross 

George Pickens

Joh Metchie III

Justyn Ross was a guy I was really excited about as a freshman, but injuries prevented him from playing his sophomore year and most of this year. He did light up Clemson in the national championship game and has great size. 

Pickens is another guy who was on track to be a first rounder before his ACL injury this spring. I've read some things about character concerns - so may not be a JD guy - but a tremendous talent. 

Metchie is another guy who will likely drop b/c of injury. He probably is somewhat redundant with Moore - so not sure he is the best fit - but an explosive player who can play inside or outside. 

I would be hesitant to take Ross on day 2.  Just because of the medicals -- wasn't it a neck/spinal injury that cuased him to miss last season.  That is scary sh*t and it derailed Quincy Enunwa's career.  Ross had a decent year this year with lousy QB play, but the nature of that injury scares me.  Day 3, I wowuld take a shot, but not sooner.

I really like Pickens, jhe is a first round talent.  Guys have come back from ACL's before, so I am less concerned about the injury than Ross.  He may be a first round talent, but I am not sure he has a first round head.  The guy is immature and that has hurt his team on the fieled.  He is back from teh ACL, played sparingly in the Dawgs last two games, so he should be fine for the offseason workouts/combine/pro days.  But to me, his fate will be decided by the part of the process we can't see -- how he interviews.   He could sneak into the first round, but I would happily take him iwth the Carolina 2.

Metchie is more of a question mark, won't be able to work out much.  IF he falls to early day 3, he might be worth a flyer, but given how badly we need to give our QB weapons, I would not want to draft a guy too early who is not likely to be able to go at the start of the season.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, derp said:

wouldnt surprise me.  The more you watch his film you realize its not even the speed that makes him special, its the fact that even out of breaks and stems he doesnt lose any of it.  Thats the real definition of game speed, can you change direction, get in and out of breaks fast, and lose little to no speed.  Williams puts sooooo much pressure on Defenses because, yea, straight line, hes goign to burn you, but then he can pop the clutch drop it down in 2-3 steps and get out just as fast as if he was taking the top off.   

Him and wilson are the two best in the draft at this probably. hence why my 1 and 2 on my list.  Wilson takes the cake because his route running creativity is really excellent for a college player, and we've just seen him do more. Both have a chance to be really special in a hurry. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Chrebetfan80 said:

wouldnt surprise me.  The more you watch his film you realize its not even the speed that makes him special, its the fact that even out of breaks and stems he doesnt lose any of it.  Thats the real definition of game speed, can you change direction, get in and out of breaks fast, and lose little to no speed.  Williams puts sooooo much pressure on Defenses because, yea, straight line, hes goign to burn you, but then he can pop the clutch drop it down in 2-3 steps and get out just as fast as if he was taking the top off.   

Him and wilson are the two best in the draft at this probably. hence why my 1 and 2 on my list.  Wilson takes the cake because his route running creativity is really excellent for a college player, and we've just seen him do more. Both have a chance to be really special in a hurry. 

It’s pretty insane. I think he’s got some room to grow because he’s not just a straight line guy. Not bad in the screen game either. And not a wiggle guy but the ability to not lose speed, he can change directions after the catch and get going in a hurry. Kind of like the wide receiver version of a north south running back - he’s not going to necessarily shake guys out of their cleats but he can change directions in a way where he’s decisive, accelerates, and goes. Which I think fits the offense too.

Among the guys who could be in play early I think he ticks the fit/need box really, really well. Would love to see the offense with him across from Moore. Also if you’ve got those two then when Davis expires you could grab someone a little less dynamic who’s just a good receiver. I also really would like to see Wilson with a guy who he can make quick reads for deep throws to - I think it’d simplify things for him and open up the field. I’m coming away with him with the Seattle pick in every mock at this point. It’s been him, second round McBride, mid round OL, sometimes a double dip at TE, and defense.

Mentioned in another thread but think if Wilson goes somewhere like the Chargers or Buffalo he’s going to crush. It’d be interesting to see how he fits somewhere like Baltimore or Cleveland that doesn’t really have that target monster. Vegas as a complement to Waller is somewhere in between.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

It’s pretty insane. I think he’s got some room to grow because he’s not just a straight line guy. Not bad in the screen game either. And not a wiggle guy but the ability to not lose speed, he can change directions after the catch and get going in a hurry. Kind of like the wide receiver version of a north south running back - he’s not going to necessarily shake guys out of their cleats but he can change directions in a way where he’s decisive, accelerates, and goes. Which I think fits the offense too.

Among the guys who could be in play early I think he ticks the fit/need box really, really well. Would love to see the offense with him across from Moore. Also if you’ve got those two then when Davis expires you could grab someone a little less dynamic who’s just a good receiver. I also really would like to see Wilson with a guy who he can make quick reads for deep throws to - I think it’d simplify things for him and open up the field. I’m coming away with him with the Seattle pick in every mock at this point. It’s been him, second round McBride, mid round OL, sometimes a double dip at TE, and defense.

Mentioned in another thread but think if Wilson goes somewhere like the Chargers or Buffalo he’s going to crush. It’d be interesting to see how he fits somewhere like Baltimore or Cleveland that doesn’t really have that target monster. Vegas as a complement to Waller is somewhere in between.

Williams to me is the 2nd best WR in this draft but the best fit for this offense in the 1st rd.  Fits what we do, gives you what the offense has been missing, and complements Moore perfectly.  Plus coming from an alabama system that works with option routes, and NFL verbiage the transition is easier (remember that offense now features two NFL coaches). If you can add williams and mcbride, plus some smaller pieces in FA youre talking about a big time offense weapons wise for wilson. 

Wilson would crush it in either of those two offenses, if he goes to baltimore or cleveland he'll end up like Jeudy in denver where he is just wasted. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Christian Watson - kid has the size  6'3 206 speed 4.4 and good hands.  49ers will grab him to pair with his college Qb Trey lance - not if we get him first.

he got buzz last year when a lot of people thought he would enter the draft. Good kid, you could do way worse in the later rounds than this kid.. he offers good upside, and NDSU has produced some more than solid pro's as of late

• Sympathy 1