Who would be your first pick at WR?

UntouchableCrew

Who would be your first WR off the board?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be your first WR off the board?

• Jameson Williams, Alabama
    • Garrett Wilson, Ohio State
    • Drake London, USC
    • Chris Olave, Ohio State
    • Treylon Burks, Arkansas
    • Other

12 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Nicely reasoned. I would think the argument for WR in the first is that there is a drop off pretty quickly. I like guys like David Bell, who would go a bit later, but if they are really set at CB, they pass on Lloyd or Dean at OLB, and Hamilton is not there, youre argument for a WR makes sense. Agree they would not go TE, RB, or ILB. Or for that matter G or Center. Also, in support of your argument, the FA WR market is pretty bad. 

Re Neal, I see that as a fix for Becton, who would go to RT and Neal to LT. 

Totally agree with the WR drop off point. It’s a big factor and I forgot to post it.

Think Fant is going to be on the field one way or another. Also specific to Neal, I’d think if the unusually big tackle you drafted in the first round a couple weeks ago is having a hard time staying on the field you’d hesitate before drafting another unusually big tackle to solve that.

48 minutes ago, derp said:

Totally agree with the WR drop off point. It’s a big factor and I forgot to post it.

Think Fant is going to be on the field one way or another. Also specific to Neal, I’d think if the unusually big tackle you drafted in the first round a couple weeks ago is having a hard time staying on the field you’d hesitate before drafting another unusually big tackle to solve that.

Cmon, he's a tyke compared to Becton. At least 20 lbs lighter and been absolutely solid. But I think the more likely answer is that JD is not willing to give up on Becton quite yet. If so, no Neal, and he probably will go to the Jags anyway, who really need him. If Thibideaux and Hutchinson are gone by #4, it might then be wise to trade down a few spots. I personally would be fine with the Jets continuing to build offense. If they get a decent TE in FA, that would be a big plus. Make the whole draft a lot easier. Could also get a vet corner to pair with Hall, which would also clear the defensive air somewhat.

7 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Cmon, he's a tyke compared to Becton. At least 20 lbs lighter and been absolutely solid. But I think the more likely answer is that JD is not willing to give up on Becton quite yet. If so, no Neal, and he probably will go to the Jags anyway, who really need him. If Thibideaux and Hutchinson are gone by #4, it might then be wise to trade down a few spots. I personally would be fine with the Jets continuing to build offense. If they get a decent TE in FA, that would be a big plus. Make the whole draft a lot easier. Could also get a vet corner to pair with Hall, which would also clear the defensive air somewhat.

Becton was 6’7, 364 at the combine. I’m used to seeing Neal listed at 6’7, 360 - looks like he cut down to 350 for the season. I’d say 330 is on the normal end of big for a tackle. Neal is gigantic.

2 hours ago, JiFapono said:

I like London.  Mike Evans is a solid comparison.  Michael Pittman too.  Chase Claypool. Etc. play makers 

I also think that it's a huge advantage in the offense to have different skill sets at WR in the offense, especially since they like to offer the versatility to rotate X and Z. How many teams have corners that can defend both the tall, physical YAC guy and the Elijah Moore agility type? Throw in a legit TE and there are no excuses about weapons anymore for any QB playing this offense.

• Upvote 2

How did anyone watch that playoff game and think Williams showed anything? I see talking heads saying that Williams showed versatility but I saw a dude that needed schemed free releases. His coaches kept bringing him inside to avoid Gardner and Bryant. I just don’t see a guy that has shown he can win at the line. He’s good but right he’s my biggest WR red flag. 

@Paradis can let me know if I’m way off base. 

30 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

How did anyone watch that playoff game and think Williams showed anything? I see talking heads saying that Williams showed versatility but I saw a dude that needed schemed free releases. His coaches kept bringing him inside to avoid Gardner and Bryant. I just don’t see a guy that has shown he can win at the line. He’s good but right he’s my biggest WR red flag. 

@Paradis can let me know if I’m way off base. 

I’m with you. He’s not a complete package and has holes. Lightning in a bottle yes, but not putting him at the top of my WR list 

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

I’m with you. He’s not a complete package and has holes. Lightning in a bottle yes, but not putting him at the top of my WR list 

Lol I see you fighting the fight on the strip now. The melding of draft board and main board “minds” is starting earlier than normal.

• Haha 2

I'm getting a bit more intrigued by Dotson, and less so by Olave.  

He might be similar to Moore in many ways, but I think that sort of duplicity works in this offense.  You need to open up the deep part of the field, and Corey Davis isn't going to do it.  However, as we see with someone like Berrios, having the jet sweep/run threat, and motion to create one on one match ups can do wonders.  

I'm having a hard time with London, because maybe I'm too scared of the Treadwell effect.  I don't love guys that can't seem to separate much from their defenders.  I got burned pretty badly loving Hakeem Butler as well.   I can definitely see the Pittman resemblance, but I'm not sure it works on the team with Davis already on for next year.  Without him, sure, but Davis/London doesn't scare safeties, which then hinder intermediate passing lanes.  

I think the Jets trade down from one of their first rd picks, so I'm not sure how to predict their board.  I only expect one pick in the top 10, I think they move down otherwise, especially with how trade happy Douglas has been.  Best thing we can hope for is some of these QB prospects to really start to stand out, so there is interest in moving up.  

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, win4ever said:

He might be similar to Moore in many ways, but I think that sort of duplicity works in this offense.  You need to open up the deep part of the field, and Corey Davis isn't going to do it.  However, as we see with someone like Berrios, having the jet sweep/run threat, and motion to create one on one match ups can do wonders.  

I'm having a hard time with London, because maybe I'm too scared of the Treadwell effect.  I don't love guys that can't seem to separate much from their defenders.  I got burned pretty badly loving Hakeem Butler as well.   I can definitely see the Pittman resemblance, but I'm not sure it works on the team with Davis already on for next year.  Without him, sure, but Davis/London doesn't scare safeties, which then hinder intermediate passing lanes.  

I think the Jets trade down from one of their first rd picks, so I'm not sure how to predict their board.  I only expect one pick in the top 10, I think they move down otherwise, especially with how trade happy Douglas has been.  Best thing we can hope for is some of these QB prospects to really start to stand out, so there is interest in moving up.  

I was thinking something along the lines of what you said regarding Dotson and the duplicity working in this offense but you put it better than I would’ve. Love his hands too. Feels like if anyone tumbles to round two it might be him and if the Jets pass on a WR in the first and nab him in the second I wouldn’t be disappointed.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

I also think that it's a huge advantage in the offense to have different skill sets at WR in the offense, especially since they like to offer the versatility to rotate X and Z. How many teams have corners that can defend both the tall, physical YAC guy and the Elijah Moore agility type? Throw in a legit TE and there are no excuses about weapons anymore for any QB playing this offense.

Agreed. That type of skillset rounds out the wr room. Can see the argument for more of a burner but I think they might like Moore in that role anyway. 

11 hours ago, win4ever said:

I'm guilty of not bothering with Dotson; I saw the redundancy w/ Moore and just checked out. No way we spend 2nd round capital on him - and to a lesser extend Olave.

4 hours ago, derp said:

I was thinking something along the lines of what you said regarding Dotson and the duplicity working in this offense but you put it better than I would’ve. Love his hands too. Feels like if anyone tumbles to round two it might be him and if the Jets pass on a WR in the first and nab him in the second I wouldn’t be disappointed.

Yeah, I can't seem to nail down a possible strategy with the Jets because I'm not sure which QB needy team makes a deal.  There's always one (aside from that Geno year) that gets elevated, and waiting to see which guy pops up, and fits with a team.  I don't mind the duplicity at all, I actually think it fits better within the system.  

So far from Dotson, I love his hands, his YAC ability, and some of his cuts.  His route tree seems a bit limited though, a bunch of 3 yard curls, which are staples of RPO offenses bother me a bit.  

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

I'm guilty of not bothering with Dotson; I saw the redundancy w/ Moore and just checked out. No way we spend 2nd round capital on him - and to a lesser extend Olave.

I think there is some potential we do, I'll try to explain my line of thinking (post this on Reddit at some point, so might be redundant).  

If we look at Washington (RGIII year), Atlanta, SF, and LA as the influences for this offense, they are based on manipulating the intermediate part of the field.   RGIII plus Morris provided the running threat, Santana Moss/Morgan provided deep threats, and Garcon ate up in the middle.   In Atlanta, Julio and Gabriel both threaten safeties (Julio threatened everyone, but he was already built in), which allowed the Sanu to be really effective in the middle, and they had a good RB tandem.  In SF, Deebo and Ayuik can both threaten the safeties, with Kittle being a monster in the intermediate.  

All of those offenses dealt with the running game causing linebackers to be a step closer, and keeping the safeties back more often.  It allows for easier manipulation of the intermediate areas.  In LA, it's a bit different in duplicity, because they went with route running and blocking as the top asset with Kupp/Woods/Jefferson (OBJ was a luxury add at the time).  

I think the entire offense is based on threatening the defense with the run, then manipulating them to be out of place.  

In SF alone, you can have:

Deebo jet sweep

Ayuik jet sweep

Running Back

Lance run

Kittle blocking/releasing

Deebo route

Ayuik route

I don't think they have a consistent third guy, but third guy route

The first 4, the defense has to come in, the last 4 the defense has to go back.  If they disguise it enough, they can catch the defense adjusting, and manipulating the options.  I think a big reason McVay moved on from Goff was because he just couldn't throw the deep pass, way too much cover 0 blitzes against him, which didn't provide time to set up possible routes.  

Now in NY, we have Moore as one deep threat.  But a guy like Berrios, buried in a system like Gase's, is an actual threat because he can move around so much to create one on one opportunities.  Cover 2 with middle field open, and you can put one of them in motion to the same side.   One safety comes down, linebacker is backing up, and now you can run a scissor route and make the safety on that side pick his poison.  Obviously not that simple, but just one example.  

I presume Davis will be on the team next year and he's not an alpha threat.  Put Moore/Dotson (or Burks/Wilson/Williams etc) and you have two guys that are both running threats (I think Dotson is also a throwing threat) and deep threat.  Both have great YAC ability, so playing off coverage might leave you open for WR screens.  Playing press leaves you open for go routes unless safeties are back.  This is also why I love Burks as a fit, because I think WR flexibility matters more than diversity here.  Sort of like how Ohio State runs things, they just have guys like Wilson/Smith-Nijba/Olave as guys that can separate but also provide the short game/long range flexibility.  Ideally, an alpha like Julio works the best, but we can't sign them.  

The caveat being, we would need to sign a good TE that can actually catch a pass and be a threat.   

I think it makes more sense to wait to see which guy drops into the 2nd, because it's better value for team fit.  I'd love Wilson on the team, but Wilson plus second round pick, vs high end first round pick plus Dotson has me leaning towards Dotson.  If we had kept Gase, I'd be more inclined to go after London/Wilson because it requires more diversity.  

On 12/20/2021 at 12:41 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

What say you, JN?

I've seen quite a few comparison of Wilson to WFT stud WR Terry McLaurin.

I'd be very happy to give Zach Wilson a Wilson to throw to if he is truly a McLaurin-type talent.

Davis-Moore-Wilson-Berrios?  That sounds pretty good, long as Davis bounces back from the dropsies this year.

P.S. I just noticed, for those who really liked Antonio Gandy-Golden in the Capatain Morgan draft, he's was recently cut by WFT and now resides on their practice squad, free for the taking. 

4 hours ago, win4ever said:

I think there is some potential we do, I'll try to explain my line of thinking (post this on Reddit at some point, so might be redundant).  

If we look at Washington (RGIII year), Atlanta, SF, and LA as the influences for this offense, they are based on manipulating the intermediate part of the field.   RGIII plus Morris provided the running threat, Santana Moss/Morgan provided deep threats, and Garcon ate up in the middle.   In Atlanta, Julio and Gabriel both threaten safeties (Julio threatened everyone, but he was already built in), which allowed the Sanu to be really effective in the middle, and they had a good RB tandem.  In SF, Deebo and Ayuik can both threaten the safeties, with Kittle being a monster in the intermediate.  

You can't survive on manipulation and the threat of-- if you can't ever back it up. We'll save the TE dialogue for another day, but the problem with your theory, (and it's an interesting one with a lot tangible/digestible logic) but the problem is two fold--

1. Lafleur isn't any of those ppl. Anyone who is going to make in this sport will bring their own brand to the table. There's base concepts that bleed over, but they have their own "thing". The running game is probably the most familiar, but Kyle has taken his offense far away from his dad, and even what he did in ATL/CLE etc. We don't even truly know WHAT Mike wants to do yet as he hasn’t had the players. To say that they're so committed creating confusion at LOS with sweeps/bubbles/wheels and slants... Too much
  2. Mostly, all those offense have a reliance on a "big X" split end. You're not going to run any offense - no matter how many Deebos, sweeps and Kittle slants without keeping the DBs honest on the boundaries. We have suffered IMMENSELY over the last 16 games from a lack of outside balls. You're wasting Zach Wilson best talent...

That doesn't mean we can’t  add someone like that, but there is no chance in hell (IMO) that Joe Douglas can justify Dotson with 2nd round pick with Moore/Berrios on the team. That's insane. We don't have any solutions outside. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

You can't survive on manipulation and the threat of-- if you can't ever back it up. We'll save the TE dialogue for another day, but the problem with your theory, (and it's an interesting one with a lot tangible/digestible logic) but the problem is two fold--

1. Lafleur isn't any of those ppl. Anyone who is going to make in this sport will bring their own brand to the table. There's base concepts that bleed over, but they have their own "thing". The running game is probably the most familiar, but Kyle has taken his offense far away from his dad, and even what he did in ATL/CLE etc. We don't even truly know WHAT Mike wants to do yet as he has had the players. To say that they're so committed creating confusion at LOS with sweeps/bubbles/wheels and slants... Too much
  2. Mostly, all those offense have a reliance on a "big X" split end. You're not going to run any offense - no matter how many Deebos, sweeps and Kittle slants with keeping the DBs honest on the boundaries. We have suffered IMMENSELY over the last 16 games from a lack of outside balls. You're wasting Zach Wilson best talent...

That doesn't mean we can add someone like that, but there is no chance in hell (IMO) that Joe Douglas can justify Dotson with 2nd round pick with Moore/Berrios on the team. That's insane. We don't have any solutions outside. 

I think this logic tracks as well but there’s a different between what makes sense to us and what we think they might feasibly do. For all we know they’re going to try to run out a dome team smurfs group of WR’s because they think it fits what they want to do.

I do think the jet sweep bubble wheel slant stuff is newer for this offense, jives with the run game that is really the core of what the offense is, and will be something they’ll continue to want to do.

Beauty of someone like Burks is he checks boxes in both categories. Probably better than anyone else in the draft, even if he’s got some technical development to do. If you buy into the bells and whistles stuff they’ll do it meshes with his usage in college and is a nice way to bring him along and allow him to make an impact too. Other guys fit one category or another and we’re just guessing at whether they have a type or want a bunch of different flavors.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, derp said:

I think this logic tracks as well but there’s a different between what makes sense to us and what we think they might feasibly do. For all we know they’re going to try to run out a dome team smurfs group of WR’s because they think it fits what they want to do.

I do think the jet sweep bubble wheel slant stuff is newer for this offense, jives with the run game that is really the core of what the offense is, and will be something they’ll continue to want to do.

Beauty of someone like Burks is he checks boxes in both categories. Probably better than anyone else in the draft, even if he’s got some technical development to do. If you buy into the bells and whistles stuff they’ll do it meshes with his usage in college and is a nice way to bring him along and allow him to make an impact too. Other guys fit one category or another and we’re just guessing at whether they have a type or want a bunch of different flavors.

Agreed and he has the physical tools that can develop into a dominant WR1. So worst case scenario hes high floor role player/gadget on O, best case he develops from there into a huge threat opposite to Moore by the time Davis expires. I think hes my favorite WR option for the Jets. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

So @Paradis would you rather London or Burks?

Or is it even close? Honest question, haven’t seen enough of either. 

I say Burks due to athleticism. I had a thing for him for a while tho, and waiting to revisit.  gonna try and hold back on the confirmation bias. 

5 hours ago, Paradis said:

1. Lafleur isn't any of those ppl. Anyone who is going to make in this sport will bring their own brand to the table. There's base concepts that bleed over, but they have their own "thing". The running game is probably the most familiar, but Kyle has taken his offense far away from his dad, and even what he did in ATL/CLE etc. We don't even truly know WHAT Mike wants to do yet as he hasn’t had the players. To say that they're so committed creating confusion at LOS with sweeps/bubbles/wheels and slants... Too much
  2. Mostly, all those offense have a reliance on a "big X" split end. You're not going to run any offense - no matter how many Deebos, sweeps and Kittle slants without keeping the DBs honest on the boundaries. We have suffered IMMENSELY over the last 16 games from a lack of outside balls. You're wasting Zach Wilson best talent...

That doesn't mean we can’t  add someone like that, but there is no chance in hell (IMO) that Joe Douglas can justify Dotson with 2nd round pick with Moore/Berrios on the team. That's insane. We don't have any solutions outside. 

I think it's a natural progression for the offense, because I think more and more college concepts are being incorporated into the NFL,  If we look at a team like OSU, or even Alabama in the last couple of years, there's a tendency to move towards speed/route runners over pure size because it jives well with an RPO offense.  

Now it depends more on the team structure, because even if Matt LeFluer wanted different receiver type, Davante Adams wasn't going to move.  So it depends on what the team already has, but I think versatility is important to them.  I don't think Rodgers would care what LeFluer has to say, because it's his team.  We don't really have that luxury.  We already have an outside receiver in Davis, that isn't much of a threat to do anything else.  We have Moore as the presumable slot guy, and we have Berrios as well (I'd like to see what they are trying to resign him for) because our offense seems geared for these short route quick passes.  Eventually, we'll need to go deep and need guys that can do it, at which point I'm not sure size matters as much as speed.  

Ideally, my guy is WIlson/Burks because they check every box.  However, I expect both of them to blow up at the combine.  I'm not sure Berrios will be anything more than a No. 4 type, more of a special teams guy that is slot depth.  I'm not really planning on him being a core contributor to the WR room if everyone is healthy.  I think it's too rich to go WR in the top 10 when we have so many holes, so it's mostly what we can do at the 2nd rd picks.  

I had my eye on Ross as an outside guy, but I hate his route running.  

1 hour ago, win4ever said:

We have Moore as the presumable slot guy, and we have Berrios as well (I'd like to see what they are trying to resign him for) because our offense seems geared for these short route quick passes. 

Just saw stats that showed Moore’s effectiveness from the slot vs. the outside and he is waaay more productive out wide.  Despite his stature I think he’s more likely our ‘Z’ than our slot.  Which makes Burks at ‘Big-Slot’ all the more appealing, because he’s a legit run blocker and has 5XL hands which makes him a bigger, faster, Michael Thomas. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Greenseed4 said:

Just saw stats that showed Moore’s effectiveness from the slot vs. the outside and he is waaay more productive out wide.  Despite his stature I think he’s more likely our ‘Z’ than our slot.  Which makes Burks at ‘Big-Slot’ all the more appealing, because he’s a legit run blocker and has 5XL hands which makes him a bigger, faster, Michael Thomas. 

I love Burks, but I really expect him to blow up the combine, and be locked into the first round.  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, win4ever said:

I love Burks, but I really expect him to blow up the combine, and be locked into the first round.  

It would be nice to get him top of round 2 but I don't see it happening. I dont want to pick any of these guys top 10, but if there isnt a trade down option I think hes the only one I'd take a chance on if his athletic testing matched up. 

8 hours ago, win4ever said:

You’re locked into the idea that they have bigger needs, but a lot of those bigger needs are non premium positions and positions that won’t help support the development of a young quarterback. Kind of like you have a hard time seeing them taking a WR early I have a hard time seeing the team that took a bunch of day three defenders last year and then playing them turning around and taking two defenders in the top ten.

13 minutes ago, derp said:

You’re locked into the idea that they have bigger needs, but a lot of those bigger needs are non premium positions and positions that won’t help support the development of a young quarterback. Kind of like you have a hard time seeing them taking a WR early I have a hard time seeing the team that took a bunch of day three defenders last year and then playing them turning around and taking two defenders in the top ten.

Douglas seems to understand which positions should be taken in the early rounds.  I do not expect the jets to take a cb or lb in the first round.  Pass rusher, wr or OT in round 1 based on positional priorities.  Also don’t rule out the possibility the jets would take 2 elite pass rushers in round 1 to really jumpstart the D, then swing back and address wr in round 2.

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Douglas seems to understand which positions should be taken in the early rounds.  I do not expect the jets to take a cb or lb in the first round.  Pass rusher, wr or OT in round 1 based on positional priorities.  Also don’t rule out the possibility the jets would take 2 elite pass rushers in round 1 to really jumpstart the D, then swing back and address wr in round 2.

Largely agree. Trying to check my own bias I could see a case for LB - I feel like the Ravens do that sometimes and it’s such a huge need - but I’d be surprised. Dean is such a great fit it’s easy to argue for him I just think the timing is off and they don’t seem to value it. More likely in a move back but even then I’d be surprised.

Think if it ever gets addressed in the first round it’ll be after Mosley is gone because of his contract and they’ll try to get that leader of the defense guy. But I think it’s more likely they try to pull that off day two and maybe not even this year. I could see wanting a guy who can push for snaps though.

I honestly think if they do two defenders in the first the edge double dip you alluded to makes the most sense. They rotate heavily so guys can make an immediate impact and prioritize pass rush. Two rotational guys who become starters, one to kick JFM inside and another to take over after Lawson expires. Or they’ll like Leal inside. I do think the edge defenders early are risky but believe it meshes with what they value.

I’ve been busy so I haven’t been able to do the whole draft thing for the past few weeks other watching some bowl games. I just know that I want London, Burks or Wilson in round 1. Any one of them is fine.

I’m so smitten with London and I usually dismiss catch point guys outright. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 2

16 hours ago, IntoTheGreen said:

It would be nice to get him top of round 2 but I don't see it happening. I dont want to pick any of these guys top 10, but if there isnt a trade down option I think hes the only one I'd take a chance on if his athletic testing matched up. 

I think top 10 guys have to be surefire studs, a Julio/AJ Green type.  Picking a mediocre top 10 guy, like say Watkins or Corey Davis can really set back the offense.  This draft class for WRs isn't as strong as the last two years.  

I'd much much rather go after OT, love Neal as an option.  Pass rusher is also a priority.  I can see Hamilton being an option as well, because I remember hearing at some point that he buys into the theory about safeties being more important as we move towards more passing.   However, I'm not sure I buy that about picking in the top 10.  

In years past, I wouldn't have minded a top 10 pick, I absolutely would sign up for DeVonta Smith/Juedy/Cooper type guys.  Guys that I was absolutely sure of being a stud.  Otherwise, I'd rather go to other positions.  I still feel the best way to improve the team is through the OL, because we have a poor OL.  

To me (and again this is just my opinion) the value drop off from OT1 to OT5 is much larger than WR1 to WR5 in this draft.  

16 hours ago, derp said:

I think primary need is OL help, because I'm assuming Moses leaves after this year.  Becton/Fant/AVT and prayers.  I'd go Neal, put him at RT, and have Fant as the backup for Becton possibly coming in out of shape (I'd go after RG in FA as well).  Suring up the line has to be priority 1.  

I think OL and Pass Rusher will take precedent over WR in the first.  I'd go WR in the top 10, but it has to be a can't miss guy.  If not, I get it if you trade down as well, but I'm not spending a top 10 pick on any of these guys.  

6 hours ago, win4ever said:

I think top 10 guys have to be surefire studs, a Julio/AJ Green type.  Picking a mediocre top 10 guy, like say Watkins or Corey Davis can really set back the offense.  This draft class for WRs isn't as strong as the last two years.  

I'd much much rather go after OT, love Neal as an option.  Pass rusher is also a priority.  I can see Hamilton being an option as well, because I remember hearing at some point that he buys into the theory about safeties being more important as we move towards more passing.   However, I'm not sure I buy that about picking in the top 10.  

In years past, I wouldn't have minded a top 10 pick, I absolutely would sign up for DeVonta Smith/Juedy/Cooper type guys.  Guys that I was absolutely sure of being a stud.  Otherwise, I'd rather go to other positions.  I still feel the best way to improve the team is through the OL, because we have a poor OL.  

To me (and again this is just my opinion) the value drop off from OT1 to OT5 is much larger than WR1 to WR5 in this draft.  

I think primary need is OL help, because I'm assuming Moses leaves after this year.  Becton/Fant/AVT and prayers.  I'd go Neal, put him at RT, and have Fant as the backup for Becton possibly coming in out of shape (I'd go after RG in FA as well).  Suring up the line has to be priority 1.  

I think OL and Pass Rusher will take precedent over WR in the first.  I'd go WR in the top 10, but it has to be a can't miss guy.  If not, I get it if you trade down as well, but I'm not spending a top 10 pick on any of these guys.  

I get the desire to improve the OL but I’d be pretty surprised if they take one top ten. McGovern had a good year too - one open spot (RG) heading into FA. There’s a path to it - no FA guard, draft Neal/Ekwonu, RG for a year then see how Fant/Becton shake out. I just think they’re going to sign a guard and no way they can justify one of Fant/Becton/top ten pick being on the bench this year. Becton insurance/Becton or Fant replacement day two as a backup (Fant expires after this year) and an iOL to develop on day three (McGovern also expires) makes more sense to me roster construction wise short/medium term.

Can’t just spend the top ten pick just on depth and development but day two is fine. And they’d have to be comfortable taking Neal or Ekwonu at 4 and shuffling them around - it’s possible but the right guard in free agency just makes more sense to me.

Yesterday was bad but that was missing both tackles and then Moses for a while and McGovern. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, derp said:

I get the desire to improve the OL but I’d be pretty surprised if they take one top ten. McGovern had a good year too - one open spot (RG) heading into FA. There’s a path to it - no FA guard, draft Neal/Ekwonu, RG for a year then see how Fant/Becton shake out. I just think they’re going to sign a guard and no way they can justify one of Fant/Becton/top ten pick being on the bench this year. Becton insurance/Becton or Fant replacement day two as a backup (Fant expires after this year) and an iOL to develop on day three (McGovern also expires) makes more sense to me roster construction wise short/medium term.

Can’t just spend the top ten pick just on depth and development but day two is fine. And they’d have to be comfortable taking Neal or Ekwonu at 4 and shuffling them around - it’s possible but the right guard in free agency just makes more sense to me.

Yesterday was bad but that was missing both tackles and then Moses for a while and McGovern. 

I don't know if I buy the idea that this staff likes Becton that much, after the weight issues this year.  I'd rather play it safe for the OL and have Becton/Neal/Fant.  If Becton/Neal work out, let Fant walk, if they don't, then Fant can come in.  

I do think they will go after a RG in FA, but I'm not sure I like the idea of McGovern.  His stats look good, but I keep hearing about a bunch of lineman for other teams, where the C is calling out protections and such, and we don't seem to have that.  

I'd personally overload on the OL, protect against injury, and go from there, but I'm also a sucker for OL/WR