You know what grinds my gears?

Jet_Engine1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Taylor Heineken or whatever, Davis Mills, Nick Mullins,  Practice Squad trash Mike White, and a bunch of other late round throwaway picks, UDFAs, random nobodies get on the field for us or other teams and they look like competent NFL QBs... not only efficient,  they're productive and fun to watch....

Meanwhile, we pick "elite talents" in the top 5 and they look like they've never played the sport before. 

WTF. 

The modern game is designed for offenses to score, and we can't even teach our kids not to run backwards 30 yards every time the pocket isn't perfect.

It's exasperating.

David Mills is the #2 QB of the draft class so far :D 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jgb said:

David Mills is the #2 QB of the draft class so far :D 

Exactly.  Kid is on a trash team, with a terrible roster, and he's playing better than Wilson, Trevor, Fields, and Who even knows what's going on with Lance. 

I don't even know who Mills is, where he went to school, or if he was drafted or not. ?

Is he the answer for them? Who knows, probably not,  but at least he looks like he belongs. 

We picked Darnold at #3 overall 40 months ago, and he's already washed. 

• Upvote 2

A lot of these guys look decent because they are around the league for years and learn and have no long term pressure.

One thing teams need to do is to not care where you get the QB from as long as he is doing well.  The NFL all feels you have to go with the high pick and base everything off him.  If the guy is good he should win the job. 

The Jets need to get the best backup qb the can preferably a young vet who can challenge.

I keep bringing up Trubisky but that type of guy, low cost can be good enough to challenge the young guy.  QB is one of the few positions that teams are totally afraid to being in legit competitions.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’ll tell you what else takes the jelly out of my donut, no effort to get an offensive skill player in the 1st round outside of shot in the dark QB prospects and Dustin Keller over the last 20 years…

Anthony Becht

Santana Moss

Dustin Keller. 

That's it since 2000. 

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I’ll tell you what else takes the jelly out of my donut, no effort to get an offensive skill player in the 1st round outside of shot in the dark QB prospects and Dustin Keller over the last 20 years…

No edge rushers either

16 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Exactly.  Kid is on a trash team, with a terrible roster, and he's playing better than Wilson, Trevor, Fields, and Who even knows what's going on with Lance. 

I don't even know who Mills is, where he went to school, or if he was drafted or not. ?

Is he the answer for them? Who knows, probably not,  but at least he looks like he belongs. 

We picked Darnold at #3 overall 40 months ago, and he's already washed. 

NFL: Who is Texans new starting quarterback Davis Mills?

versus

Zach Wilson

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

No edge rushers either

Hopefully both change in April 

Hutchinson or Thibodeaux probably won’t happen but who’s sneezing at walking away from the 1st round with something like Karlaftis and Garrett Wilson?

Regardless of Lawson’s status next year, we still desperately need another edge.

And outside of Moore and an inconsistent Davis, who do we have under contract next year at receiver? Mims? Get the hell out of here. If he isn’t traded for a 6th or 7th, he’ll most likely be cut outright. Hopefully we bring back Berrios. Other than that? Crowder is probably gone. Cole can stay gone (decent swing for what seemed like a decent up and coming #2 WR). Jeff Smith? Vyncint Smith?

Seattle will probably win at least 1-2 games the rest of the way. That #7 pick is going to turn into the #13 pick in no time. Maybe then the Linderbaum camp will have a legitimate shot at their dream if he’s there.

But serious consideration should be given to one of the top wideouts in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Hopefully both change in April 

Hutchinson or Thibodeaux probably won’t happen but who’s sneezing at walking away from the 1st round with something like Karlaftis and Garrett Wilson?

Regardless of Lawson’s status next year, we still desperately need another edge.

And outside of Moore and an inconsistent Davis, who do we have under contract next year at receiver? Mims? Get the hell out of here. If he isn’t traded for a 6th or 7th, he’ll most likely be cut outright. Hopefully we bring back Berrios. Other than that? Crowder is probably gone. Cole can stay gone (decent swing for what seemed like a decent up and coming #2 WR). Jeff Smith? Vyncint Smith?

Seattle will probably win at least 1-2 games the rest of the way. That #7 pick is going to turn into the #13 pick in no time. Maybe then the Linderbaum camp will have a legitimate shot at their dream if he’s there.

But serious consideration should be given to one of the top wideouts in the draft. 

I’d go back to back edge honestly