4 1st round picks Dynasty Rookie Draft

Lurker89

I know it's early in the process but I have 4 first round picks in my upcoming dynasty rookie draft.

I traded Amari Cooper for 2 firsts I also traded Keenan Allen for a first. I also successfully came in last place securing the 2nd overall pick.

I have the number 2, 9, 11, 12 picks and number 14 (2nd rd 2nd pick).

@Paradis @Jetsfan80 what say you???

18 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

I know it's early in the process but I have 4 first round picks in my upcoming dynasty rookie draft.

I traded Amari Cooper for 2 firsts I also traded Keenan Allen for a first. I also successfully came in last place securing the 2nd overall pick.

I have the number 2, 9, 11, 12 picks and number 14 (2nd rd 2nd pick).

@Paradis @Jetsfan80 what say you???

Go to see were some of the land after the draft, to really chisel your order of preference… I agree, Spiller is the Apple of my eye too. I’m not as crazy about some of those other top names at running back, I like the guys from 5 to 10 a little more. But we’ll see if they rise. Charbonnet from the Bruins, Pierce at Florida and Price at FIU are some names. You’re in a good position to get Spiller or Berks, and then hit in a couple of guys later like Tolbert, Pickens and Charbonnet with your other picks… Tough to say this early. Lot of those names might go round 2. I would consider trading back so you wind up with 2 players in the first and 5 in the second. You could wind up with two good backs, grab some high ceiling but got injured WRs like Pickens and Ross and still land McBride or Likely at TE

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

@Paradis

@Jetsfan80

So after everything has panned out due to the results of the consolation bowl I have picks 

5,9,10,12,13,25 in rounds 1-3

5- one of Spiller/Walker/Wilson/Burks/Hall

9-13 is where things get interesting.

4 of Pickens/London/Olave/ Christian Watson/ Skyy Moore/ Zamir White would be a perfect way for this to pan out. Am I wrong here?

Not a fan of Dotson/Bell/Ross/Metchie.... any info on why I should target them is welcome.

Developmental QB is a need as well ... do I scoop up Malik Willis if he is there at 9-13.... or wait until 25 and take Ridder

I'm targeting A Pierce at 36.

QB room is currently Cousins, Ryan, Darnold, Mills.?

Good opportunity to turn this team around in a hurry after trading away Cooper and Allen for 3 firsts last year. Still need to see the landing spots for these guys this month. Thanks in advance for your input.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah, it couldn’t hurt taking a Qb. I think Pickett is more pro ready but long-term Willis probably has higher upside

1.09, 1.10, 1.12.Williams, Olave, Pickens. My own picks 1.05 London 2.1 Rachaad White/ Malik Willis/Christian Watson?

3.1 Ridder/Pierce/ Strong if any of the three fall

Worried Jameson wont last to 9 and thinking about taking him at 1.05... might be crazy might be bold.

3 months ago I wanted Burks or Spiller now it seems the whole community has soured on them and I dont know wether it's legit ot just noise.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/24/2022 at 3:48 PM, Lurker89 said:

1.09, 1.10, 1.12.Williams, Olave, Pickens. My own picks 1.05 London 2.1 Rachaad White/ Malik Willis/Christian Watson?

3.1 Ridder/Pierce/ Strong if any of the three fall

Worried Jameson wont last to 9 and thinking about taking him at 1.05... might be crazy might be bold.

3 months ago I wanted Burks or Spiller now it seems the whole community has soured on them and I dont know wether it's legit ot just noise.

So what players were you able to grab?

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Late draft still hasnt happend yet 

Update on picks. The toilet bowl affects draft order for the entire draft. So I have 2.5 3.5 etc rather than 2.1, 3.1 etc.

Current targets are

1.5 Garrett Wilson

1.09 Skyy Moore 

1.10 George Pickens

1.12 Jahan Dotson/ James Cook

2.05 Wan'dale/ R.White/ A Pierce (possibly a falling Spiller)

3.05 Brian Robinson/J Tolbert

Currently trying  to trade up from 2.05 Trading Van Jefferson and 2.05 for 1.11. Looks like a draft day trade after talking with the other owner.

I'm not in love with any of these RBs.  Heres to hoping there are some horrible reaches and Jameson Williams or Olave fall to 9 then i have a tough call between Skyy and George at 10  probably take Skyy  and hope George is there at 1.12

On 5/22/2022 at 10:34 AM, 32EBoozer said:

Love the GW play. Definitely a “HOMER” play. 
Id take Cook over Pickett just because Steelers have several options at WR ahead of him. 
Cook wins hands down over Singletary and McDermott wants to get the running game going. 

Just comes down to the rankings.

GW is the number 5 guy on the board and I have the fifth pick.  The first 5 are pretty easy. After that it seems more subjective.

I traded for Corey Davis back when he was still a Titan and drafted Mims in the second RD his rookie year so i really dont want this much of the Jets  WR room. Heres to hoping Mims gets traded for a bag of balls and gets a fresh start somewhere else.

General Consensus Top 5

1. Breece 

2. Walker

3. London

4. Burks

5. Wilson

My rankings 

1. Breece 

2. London

3. Wilson

4. Burks

5. Walker

I'm not in love with any of the RBs other than Breece and honestly don't want to touch anyone in the class. I don't have the same faith in Cook as you but would glad to be wrong, especially if i end up taking him with my last 1st. I just dont see the sub 6 foot 190 lb running back becoming anything more than an RB2 for fantasy at best.

I'm in full rebuild so with the shelf life of RBs vs  WRs im better off taking as many decent WR prospects as possible.

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2022 at 7:56 AM, 32EBoozer said:

@Jetsfan80

@Paradis

@32EBoozer

I Cleaned up.... can't believe the way the1st rd of the draft went. ****ING ECSTATIC!!!!

The draft started yesterday We are midway through  the second( 24 hrs to pick and a couple people  take thier sweet time) my picks marked by* horrible reaches marked by ⚰️

1.1 Breece Hall

1.2 James Cook⚰️

1.3 Drake London

1.4 Kenneth Walker 

1.5 Treylon Burks * 

Here I was faced with a conundrum because I wanted Wilson but Burks fell and i decided to not overthink it I also know my League has an anti Jet bias so maybe there was a snowballs chance in hell Wilson dropped to me at 1.9

1.6 Dameon Pierce ⚰️

1.7 Kenny Pickett ⚰️

1.8 Chris Olave 

1.9 Garret Wilson *

1.10 Jameson Williams *

How the **** did those two studs fall to me dumb dumb  dummies

1.11 Sky Moore 

1.12 Jahan Dotson *  1st round draft capital and college production  versus  early declare and measurables of Pickens I was torn but went Dotson hoping Pickens would slide

2.1 Rachaad White 

2.2 Christian Watson 

2.3 George Pickens ?

2.4 Tyler Alllgeier

2.5 Isaiah Spiller* decided to not get cute and took the guy who was considered among the top 3 RBs before a bad day at the combine

2.6 David Bell

Draft ongoing.....

Burks, Wilson, Williams, Dotson, Spiller through 2 rounds 

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

@Jetsfan80

@Paradis

@32EBoozer

I Cleaned up.... can't believe the way the1st rd of the draft went. ****ING ECSTATIC!!!!

The draft started yesterday We are midway through  the second( 24 hrs to pick and a couple people  take thier sweet time) my picks marked by* horrible reaches marked by ⚰️

1.1 Breece Hall

1.2 James Cook⚰️

1.3 Drake London

1.4 Kenneth Walker 

1.5 Treylon Burks * 

Here I was faced with a conundrum because I wanted Wilson but Burks fell and i decided to not overthink it I also know my League has an anti Jet bias so maybe there was a snowballs chance in hell Wilson dropped to me at 1.9

1.6 Dameon Pierce ⚰️

1.7 Kenny Pickett ⚰️

1.8 Chris Olave 

1.9 Garret Wilson *

1.10 Jameson Williams *

How the **** did those two studs fall to me dumb dumb  dummies

1.11 Sky Moore 

1.12 Jahan Dotson *  1st round draft capital and college production  versus  early declare and measurables of Pickens I was torn but went Dotson hoping Pickens would slide

2.1 Rachaad White 

2.2 Christian Watson 

2.3 George Pickens ?

2.4 Tyler Alllgeier

2.5 Isaiah Spiller* decided to not get cute and took the guy who was considered among the top 3 RBs before a bad day at the combine

2.6 David Bell

Draft ongoing.....

Burks, Wilson, Williams, Dotson, Spiller through 2 rounds 

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

Holy sh*t you have some stupid league mates. Well done on the haul. I was picking 1.11 in my other supeflex league and went Pickens over Dotson and Watson; the upside was too tantalizing to pass. Have the 1.04 in another league drafting next weekend and I have no idea which WR I want. Wilson or London?? I’m probably gonna trade the pick.

On 7/31/2022 at 11:17 AM, PS17 said:

Holy sh*t you have some stupid league mates. Well done on the haul. I was picking 1.11 in my other supeflex league and went Pickens over Dotson and Watson; the upside was too tantalizing to pass. Have the 1.04 in another league drafting next weekend and I have no idea which WR I want. Wilson or London?? I’m probably gonna trade the pick.

Thanks man I'm stoked on the way its panned out.

Currently on the turn of the fourth round. IDP league so some defenders are starting to come offe the board. I pulled some shenanigans at the begingin of the third im going to post the full results up until now.

17 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Thanks man I'm stoked on the way its panned out.

Currently on the turn of the fourth round. IDP league so some defenders are starting to come offe the board. I pulled some shenanigans at the begingin of the third im going to post the full results up until now.

Looking forward to it. I want to reiterate: Cook at 2 and Pierce at 6 are some of the dumbest moves I’ve seen in my 11 years playing dynasty. 

My picks *

1.1 Breece Hall

1.2 James Cook

1.3 Drake London

1.4 Kenneth Walker 

1.5 Treylon Burks *

1.6 Dameon Pierce 

1.7 Kenny Pickett 

1.8 Chris Olave 

1.9 Garret Wilson *

1.10 Jameson Williams *

1.11 Sky Moore 

1.12 Jahan Dotson *

2.1 Rachaad White 

2.2 Christian Watson 

2.3 George Pickens 

2.4 Tyler Alllgeier

2.5 Isaiah Spiller*

2.6 David Bell

2.7 Tyrion Davis Price

2.8 Aiden Hutchinson 

2.9 Devin Lloyd 

2.10 Jalen Tolbert

2.11 Brian Robinson 

2.12 Wan'Dale Robinson 

3.1 Zamir White

3.2 Tyquan Thornton 

I was sitting at 3.5 with Alec Pierce and Trey Mcbride  sitting there way below their ADP and then a cliff talent wise with the next two best prospects being Romeo Doubs, Hasan Haskins, and Kyle Hamilton. So I got shifty

3.3 Alec Pierce* (Traded away OJ Howard)

3.4 Trey Mcbride* (Traded away Zay Jones and Dyami Brown)

3.5 Romeo Doubs*(planned in taking him if the others were gone)

3.6 Jayron Kearse ? (28 year old safety with Hamilton on the board)

3.7 Jelani Woods 

3.8 CJ Uzomah

3.9 Quay Walker

3.10 Kyle Hamilton 

3.11 Malik Willis

3.12 Kayvon Thibs

4.1 Travon Walker

4.2 Jermaine Johnson 

4.3 Kalil Shakir

4.4 George Karlaftis

4.5 Hasan Haskins*

4.6 Desmond Ridder

4.7 Greg Dulcich

4.8 Ja'Whaun Bentley

4.9 Jaquan Brisker

4.10 Keontay Ingram 

4.11 KJ Hamler

4.12 Lewis Cine

5.1 Cade Otton

5.2 Troy Andersen * (traded James White)

5.3 Sauce

5.4 Christian Harris 

5.5 Velus Jones *

5.6 Jalen Tamsey

5.7 Samori Toure

5.8 Baker Mayfield 

5.9 Pierre Strong

5.10 Daniel Bellinger

5.11 Bryan Edwards

5.12 Daron Payne

15 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Looking forward to it. I want to reiterate: Cook at 2 and Pierce at 6 are some of the dumbest moves I’ve seen in my 11 years playing dynasty. 

Thank god for dumb picks ...made my whole draft.?

I've made some mistakes in the past and then blew it all up for picks and delved deep into youtube, reddit and all things  dynasty on the interweb to prep this year.

My past mistakes

First round picks

Sterling Shepherd 1.7

O.J. Howard 1.7

Ronald Jones 1.10

Darrell Henderson 1.12

Trading Darrell Henderson and my next First for Bell when he came to the Jets 

2020 no pick

2021 1.5 Kyle Pitts and the beginning of turning this thing around 

2022 WITNESS ME!!!!!:

3KnS.gif.638005de0cd087e10239ba2ff555412c.gif

28 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Question for the class

@Jetsfan80

@Paradis

@PS17

Baker is just sitting  out there 

My QB Room is Matt Ryan,  Kirk Cousins, Sammy Sad Sack, and Davis Mills 

I really like Davis...  Would you add Baker to the mix or take Hasan Haskins or a defensive stud next

If it’s start 1QB I’d go for Haskins or the IDP. Your QB room looks okay. If it’s Superflex, Baker. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PS17 said:

If it’s start 1QB I’d go for Haskins or the IDP. Your QB room looks okay. If it’s Superflex, Baker. 

Appreciate the input ... its one QB. 

I was leaning Haskins from the jump but with Sam already on the roster taking Baker would all but guarantee I have the starter for Car on my team which changed my calculus. We'll see whats left when 4.5 rolls around.

38 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Appreciate the input ... its one QB. 

I was leaning Haskins from the jump but with Sam already on the roster taking Baker would all but guarantee I have the starter for Car on my team which changed my calculus. We'll see whats left when 4.5 rolls around.

I just don’t think having the CAR QBs moves the needle at all. You already have two decent options with Cousins and Ryan. Mills is a solid developmental prospect. Darnold and Mayfield are roster cloggers with minimal upside. That said, you’ve murdered this draft. I’d be very happy overall. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, PS17 said:

https://sleeper.app/draft/nfl/830944589287383041

My Superflex rookie draft from a few months ago. I picked 1.11, 2.11, 3.11, 4.11. Pickens, Metchie (?), Davis-Price, Badie

Have my one QB rookie draft with my college friends this weekend. Picking 1.04 as mentioned; will post results when finished. 

Sorry  bout Metchie..  sh**y situation wishing him the best.

He's young and it's supposedly the most curable form of leukemia so heres to his speedy recovery football or not ?

My final haul 

1.5 Burks 

1.9 Wilson

1.10 Williams 

1.12 Dotson

2.5 Spiller

3.3 A. Pierce (Traded OJ Howard)

3.4 Mcbride (Traded Zay Jones + D. Brown)

3.5 Doubs

4.5 Haskins

5.2 Troy Andersen (traded James White)

5.5  Velus Jones

I put on a ****ing clinic