We know they are bad, but stop beating each other over the head

Maxman

There's just as many people if not more having tantrums over legit criticism of the QB and have been having tantrums over legit criticism of the GM since the summer.  From what I see that cultish like behavior seems to be more of a problem.  I think people just wanna sit around and have a circle jerk about how great things are. loll

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 9
  • WTF? 3
  • Post of the Week 5
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So we know the team is bad. We know they were bad last year and the year before that. Everyone has a right to complain and voice their opinions. But at the same time, people have a right to be a fan of this team. They have a right to say what they feel good about.

Some posters are making the site painful right now, turning everything into a "well nothing matters because Zach sucks" site. We don't censor football opinions but let this serve as notice to the few people that are ruining thread after thread after thread. We are going to clean things up and soon so that people can start talking about things again.

If your commentary is taking threads off-topic or just is the same thought over and over again, we don't need to be beaten over the head with it.

Tough season, no doubt. I will be there on Sunday, the day after Christmas. Right now people on the site would say I am an idiot for going. We all have our opinions but the hate that Jets fans are receiving, for rooting for the team is over the top.

Thanks everyone, and go Jets.

So what I read is “if you don’t have anything nice to say then don’t say anything at all” is this correct?  if that’s the case then this board would have roughly 3 posts a day. Not my fault Zach wilson is garbage. I’m just pointing it out

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 10
  • WTF? 2
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Maybe I'm just missing it, which is possible, but I don't see those persistent optimists injecting themselves into discussions about other team areas/players, derailing that discussion as an opportunity to bring up their optimism regarding Wilson.

Or anyway if there's even  an isolated exception post it's just that; it's hardly been the norm like in the other direction.

Also it's his site ;).

Yeah your definitely seeing what you wanna see.....and cool site.?

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

No jets fan would think your an idiot. The Miami game was fun to watch. I know I'm the minority but Zach will be fine he just needs some help. I for one wish I could go to more games live. I usually just catch the late buffalo game in buffalo cause of family. It was great a couple years ago when we cleared the stadium before the game ended. One of my all time favorite times at a game. My girl was with me and a few other jets fan in the seas of buffalo Mafia.

It was great as they all left ashamed. Love the moments

Agree. Not an idiot at all. Weather is supposed to be nice. Enjoy the day. 

• Upvote 1

Agree for the most part @Maxman and I will be there Sunday as well.  A fellow “idiot” lol 

At the same time I think this place should serve as a sounding board for frustrated fans. 

It’s a painful year and we should be able to express our opinions however I agree that a few are going a  little over board but I’m cautious to censorship of true Jet fans. Trolls though? Bam em all lol

• Upvote 2

This place is becoming faceberg/Twitter. I guess that’s good for the site making money. There’s already a few bots like @Joe W. Namath (THANK YOU JOE DOUGLAS!). Pretty soon there will be bots everywhere chanting in unison “The Jets QB is safe and effective.” 

Whats next, @The Crusher posting selfies dressed inappropriately just to get a few likes? I suggest rethinking the path that this site is on. Those pictures of @The Crusher are supposed to be for DMs only. 

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I've looked at threads that have gone off topic. Spent a few hours reading.

The only motivation I have on a normal day is for there to be more posts. So all things being equal this would normally be a good thing.

But the team has a 22 year old QB that people are threatening physically. And you can't talk about anything without someone telling you he will never be a good QB.

If people want to root for the team and believe Zach will be good, they are allowed to do that.

None of this would have happened had you not reneged on your agreed upon wager to run 10 miles.........

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, undertow said:

Yeah your definitely seeing what you wanna see.....and cool site.?

Who’s first derailing threads to bring up / extol Wilson’s virtues in a thread about the crappy defense? Maybe I have missed it, but I’m not seeing and willfully ignoring it.

The only one who may have done that - if he even did - is Nico, and he was banned.

• Upvote 1