We know they are bad, but stop beating each other over the head

Maxman

7 hours ago, undertow said:

There's just as many people if not more having tantrums over legit criticism of the QB and have been having tantrums over legit criticism of the GM since the summer.  From what I see that cultish like behavior seems to be more of a problem.  I think people just wanna sit around and have a circle jerk about how great things are. loll

If Jets fandom were a cult:

applewhite.png

1489604334133-unnamed-5.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you so much Captain!

Tellingly my father whom I had been taken care of during his ongoing battle with memory loss passed last week and he was the one who made me into a Jets fan. 

His motto was simple, “life will not go your way most of the time and it is up to you to decide to make whatever path you take a path of courage and caring, so stay strong!”

Hence I will never give up on the Jets because my father never gave up on me!

Stay Strong fellow Jets fans…

Stay Strong!! :) 

My condolences.  I lost my dad this year.  I think about him every day.  You came through for him when he needed you most.  Well done.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 9

Maybe you should open a thread similar to the Gallows.  The airing of Grievances. Frank Constanza style.  “I got a lot of problems with you people”.   That way people can fight in there instead of us ruining all the other threads ?

Or we could respect each other.  That would work too.

35 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

@Maxman listen, I know you've been begging me for years to become a moderator... and I've broken your heart and crushed your dreams time after time... it may be time to deputize the ape.

You want this nonsense cleaned up?

Val Kilmer Tombstone GIF by Giphy QA

I know some people think Val Kilmer's Huckleberry line was the best from this movie, but I just love this one. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

Perfectly stated.  The issue is not about whether your opinion is positive or negative, I am pretty negative about this team right now.  It is about derailing nearly every thread and attacking nearly every poster with a positive view of something.  When a poster starts to make the board more about themselves than the Jets, it is time to change the way you post.  Or got the way of DWC -- it has gotten just as bad as when he inserted himself in nearly every thread.

This is how it starts though. When people start deciding what is or is not "legitimate" criticism.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, Lith said:

Perfectly stated.  The issue is not about whether your opinion is positive or negative, I am pretty negative about this team right now.  It is about derailing nearly every thread and attacking nearly every poster with a positive view of something.  When a poster starts to make the board more about themselves than the Jets, it is time to change the way you post.  Or got the way of DWC -- it has gotten just as bad as when he inserted himself in nearly every thread.

Well, at least the fights are about the QB and not a TE who will be waived next season

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you so much Captain!

Tellingly my father whom I had been taken care of during his ongoing battle with memory loss passed last week and he was the one who made me into a Jets fan. 

His motto was simple, “life will not go your way most of the time and it is up to you to decide to make whatever path you take a path of courage and caring, so stay strong!”

Hence I will never give up on the Jets because my father never gave up on me!

Stay Strong fellow Jets fans…

Stay Strong!! :) 

i am so sorry to hear about your father

Stay Strong Pal

• Sympathy 2

2 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean dude, you've been relentless in every thread. Nobody is telling you you can't talk about how Zach sucks. Just tone it down.

I said I will endeavor to comply. Just want a ruling if someone brings up Zach in a positive way in an unrelated thread (allowed) am I allowed to respond. It would be nice to know the rules of the game.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Message clearly received.  Shut up or get banned.  Got it.

IIRC JN was founded because a couple of intrepid posters on "the other place" were outspoken in criticism of the team and the admin banned/threatened to ban them...

1 hour ago, redlichtie said:

There’s legit criticism, and then there’s the ceaseless banging of your own drum over and over again, day after day, post after post, thread after thread …for the sole objective of shouting loudly to everyone and anyone how right you think you are about something!…anything….everything….

putting your fragile & delicate ego ahead of the Jets or genuine informed debate is tiresome and childish and not surprisingly, p!sses people off.

We are all prone to the odd outburst of frustration, goodness knows we’ve had enough of it with this team, but far too many people exist here to be right about something and take far too much joy and pleasure about it when the team struggles or their oft stated position is affirmed by something because….look at me!

If you don’t get why we don’t all come here to worship at the alter of your misunderstood genius, your under appreciated brilliance, your all-encompassing knowledge of everything then fair enough, but maybe all of us could do with a wider appreciation of those around us, a greater sense of self-awareness….as human beings we are programmed to want and react to affirmation, a thumbs up or an agreement with your view is what makes us tick. It’s ok to have someone think we are right about something. But when that tips over into a board-spamming obsession because you’re worried we didn’t all hear you the first time then….yawn

for balance, the principle applies across the board and just as much to those who see only relentless sunshine as it does to those who love to live in misery.

When every completed pass is a sign we are destined for the Super Bowl and woe betide you for not seeing the greatness is just as frustrating.  Some of us just want to be informed, enlightened and to laugh and we realise that we come here to be educated as much as to add to the debate and collective wisdom

it’s entirely possible to see very little, or even nothing, to be positive about with this team yet still contribute something of value to the debate and the wider knowledge, but negativity alone is not the issue, in the same way as positivity, or choosing to see the glass half full rather than half empty shouldn’t be considered a crime of stupidity or blind faith. 

One of the best posts ever on this board.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, UntouchableCrew said:

You're missing the point.

It's not about who is right or wrong.

I agree with you about Zach Wilson. I think he sucks.

I still find your relentless posts taking over every thread to be grating.

Those are all part of conversations. There is always someone arguing the opposite on the other side. I'm just more visible because it's 100 against like 5.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

12 minutes ago, jgb said:

I rephrase:

This is how it starts. When people start deciding what is derailing and what is legitimate criticism.

I think all criticism is legitimate. I think derailing is a function of the poster literally doing it almost every time they post. It’s not about content it’s more about constantly plastering the board with the same thing. It’s like when you see a poster posted last in a thread and you know what it’s going to say before you click on it. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Not true, its not hard even for those whow disagree.  

Hijacking a thread is pretty obvious, ala SAR or DWC whether you agree or not

You just brought up "Zach haters" unprompted in the thread about path to Jets getting the #1 pick. Like I said, luckily for you the judge on what is derailing is on your side. 

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I think all criticism is legitimate. I think derailing is a function of the poster literally doing it almost every time they post. It’s not about content it’s more about constantly plastering the board with the same thing. It’s like when you see a poster posted last in a thread and you know what it’s going to say before you click on it. 

90% (likely more, being conservative) of my posts are in response to someone else bringing up Zach. Don't make me do a data analysis.

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Message clearly received.  Shut up or get banned.  Got it.

Really? That’s what you got from that? Honestly it’s an odd response from you because I didn’t really think of you as someone who has been constantly just crushing the subject. You always add a positive caveat about hoping it gets better even if you don’t believe it will. You have always been a guy that tends to want to “see it” rather than “ hear it” from this team. I don’t honestly see how this relates to you. 

• Upvote 4