We know they are bad, but stop beating each other over the head

Maxman

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I like the part were the people that constantly and incessantly attack Zach in about every thread feel like they are being unfairly treated by @Maxman making this thread. Yet, the one poster who constantly and  incessantly praised Zach was literally banned from the site! He gets banned you guys get a thread about toning it down. Haha Attica! Attica! 

He was banned for racism, but hey, that story works, too.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I like the part were the people that constantly and incessantly attack Zach in about every thread feel like they are being unfairly treated by @Maxman making this thread. Yet, the one poster who constantly and  incessantly praised Zach was literally banned from the site! He gets banned you guys get a thread about toning it down. Haha Attica! Attica! 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Have to say, constantly posting negative criticism of the kids that make up the vast majority of this roster hardly proves ones bravery

Uh.... my friend... I "bash" one dude. I defend the weaponz, OL, coaches, coordinator -- like dozens of guys against the never-ending narrative that they are all the reason for a certain someone's play.

For this I'm called a hater, troll, Debbie Downer, Pats fan in disguise, etc.

You defend one. I defend multitudes. Last I checked they are all J-E-T-S Jets.

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, jgb said:

Uh.... my friend... I "bash" one dude. I defend the weaponz, OL, coaches, coordinator -- like dozens of guys against the never-ending narrative that they are all the reason for a certain someone's play.

For this I'm called a hater, troll, Debbie Downer, Pats fan in disgiuse, etc.

I wasnt talking about you.

But while we're at it, weaponz, OL, coaches, coordinator sure as shlt have something to do with QB play so theres that.  If thats what you meant

4 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

But while we're at it, weaponz, OL, coaches, coordinator sure as shlt have something to do with QB play so theres that.  If thats what you meant

Not getting into this again. Not in this thread, certainly.

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lol you’re dying to turn this thread into exactly what @Maxman is telling us he doesn’t want, are you?

Edit I just saw the post above this, so I’ll retract this. Maybe just take any mention of #2 to a different thread though?

Just now, The Crusher said:

The last time yes. It was his 36nd screen name. Half of those were spamming for both crappy top 5 pick QBs we drafted. But, your attention to detail is admirable. 

Nico excused himself the first time. I was not aware of any bannings between his return and the racism post. Yes, afterward he has been locked out.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Lol you’re dying to turn this thread into exactly what @Maxman is telling us he doesn’t want, are you?

Yeah, how exactly am I doing that, by talking about what with jgb?  We were discussing bravery and my comment.:

Have to say, constantly posting negative criticism of the kids that make up the vast majority of this roster, behind the anonymity of an internet fan forum hardly proves ones bravery

So how exactly did you come to your conclusion?   No one was arguing or attempting to hijack the thread with negativity, how could anyone possibly mistake the two

3 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This is what a rebuild from the ground-up looks like, especially when you lose so many starters to injury. I'm in for the long haul and do not cast my belief in whether the Jets can move on from years of bad football to become a franchise that competes year after year -- like the Packers, Rams, Cardinals, Chiefs, Saints, Bucs, Seahawks and even Patriots have all done -- in the success or failure of Zach Wilson. I can not wait to watch the progress of the players on this team -- like AVT, Bryce Hall, both Michael Carters, Elijah Moore, Q, JFM and yes even Carl Lawson and Becton when they return to the field. And I look forward to a draft that is as productive as the 2021 draft and along with that a free agency period where JD adds a few needed pieces -- OJ Howard maybe? 

This is how it is done gents. There are no quick fixes to make a franchise a success year after year. It takes time to draft the players and for those players to become experienced and valuable pros creating a pipeline of talent that is familiar with the system so the team can withstand the loss of players to free agency and injury. Just look at the Ravens. They are down to third and fourth string RBs and DBs with a backup QB and they still compete for the playoffs. That is the goal. And it will not happen overnight.   

Just giving you a heads up, Sonny.

I’m assuming you posted this in the wrong thread?

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, how exactly am I doing that, by talking about what with jgb?  We were discussing bravery and my comment.:

So how exactly did you come to your conclusion?   No one was arguing or attempting to hijack the thread with negativity.  

Read the edit I made before (or at the same time of) your reply. ?

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Ouch.  Even it he doesn't listen to Max, I hope he takes this to heart.  

At one time he was a really good poster, now he is nothing more than a troll. His sole purpose is to troll here. Once I realized that I blocked him and the boards has been much more enjoyable. There is nothing for him to take to heart, he is doing exactly what he intends to do, troll.

5 hours ago, Anthony Jet said:

Holy sh*t you guys suck, it’s pretty obvious what he’s saying. We don’t need to every thread to turn into a ZW sucks thread.

ZW is a symptom.  

Allow me to state, once again.

It all starts at the top.

The owner/acting owner makes a big mistake.  One that we *all saw coming* and hires Gase.  

That glaring mistake leads to another mistake.

Gase hires Joe Douglas. 

Results of that hire demonstrates that a second mistake was caused by the original mistake.  Douglas has been an absolute disaster.  By now, any competent GM would have had a large part of the roster filled out.  What we see now, is a roster that is made up of players that would be second string talent on most rosters and in some cases, practice squad guys.  

And, that second mistake leads to another mistake.  Douglas hires Saleh.  And once again, the results define the quality.

Saleh is out of his depth and it really, really shows.

So... If the OP objected to fans obsessing about Wilson... Well.... I agree.  If you want to point the finger in the right direction.... Keep looking up.   All the way up.

And therein, is the problem.

When the decisions made at the very top are bad, everything from there on down will be faulty.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

So we know the team is bad. We know they were bad last year and the year before that. Everyone has a right to complain and voice their opinions. But at the same time, people have a right to be a fan of this team. They have a right to say what they feel good about.

Some posters are making the site painful right now, turning everything into a "well nothing matters because Zach sucks" site. We don't censor football opinions but let this serve as notice to the few people that are ruining thread after thread after thread. We are going to clean things up and soon so that people can start talking about things again.

If your commentary is taking threads off-topic or just is the same thought over and over again, we don't need to be beaten over the head with it.

Tough season, no doubt. I will be there on Sunday, the day after Christmas. Right now people on the site would say I am an idiot for going. We all have our opinions but the hate that Jets fans are receiving, for rooting for the team is over the top.

Thanks everyone, and go Jets.

Maxman TAKING NAMES!  

• Upvote 1

I don't know if I fall under the category that Maxman is criticizing.  FTR, I want this team to succeed (and Zach to be awesome) but this franchise has beaten me down to the point where I mostly can only expect the worse.  Strangely, I'm still optimistic about JD and this upcoming draft.  But I'm getting increasingly pessimistic about Zach and we all know he's the cornerstone.  I still think he deserves a minimum of next year to prove himself.  But if he still stinks next year then I'd very likely be open to taking another QB.  

• Upvote 2

Just now, Flea Flicking Frank said:

At one time he was a really good poster, now he is nothing more than a troll. His sole purpose is to troll here. Once I realized that I blocked him and the boards has been much more enjoyable. There is nothing for him to take to heart, he is doing exactly what he intends to do, troll.

Blocking doesn't work when there is a cadre of AZMers who just quote and re-quote and quote re-quotes and when it's the same 7-8 dudes saying the same things (under the guise of truth, being "right", winning the internet, mountains of evidence and...lol...bravery) that Max has twice asked politely to tone down, it becomes geometric.  And still there is pushback.  

5 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

ZW is a symptom.  

Allow me to state, once again.

It all starts at the top.

The owner/acting owner makes a big mistake.  One that we *all saw coming* and hires Gase.  

That glaring mistake leads to another mistake.

Gase hires Joe Douglas. 

Results of that hire demonstrates that a second mistake was caused by the original mistake.  Douglas has been an absolute disaster.  By now, any competent GM would have had a large part of the roster filled out.  What we see now, is a roster that is made up of players that would be second string talent on most rosters and in some cases, practice squad guys.  

And, that second mistake leads to another mistake.  Douglas hires Saleh.  And once again, the results define the quality.

Saleh is out of his depth and it really, really shows.

So... If the OP objected to fans obsessing about Wilson... Well.... I agree.  If you want to point the finger in the right direction.... Keep looking up.   All the way up.

And therein, is the problem.

When the decisions made at the very top are bad, everything from there on down will be faulty.

spot on, I have been saying for years we spend so much time arguing about Rex, Mangini, Sanchez, Idzik, Gase, Darnold, ZW, etc. and at the end of the day nothing ever changes because a fish stinks from the head down. Problem is, you can't fire the owner, but until the owner changes his ways, nothing will change barring an accident

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Blocking doesn't work when there is a cadre of AZMers who just quote and re-quote and quote re-quotes and when it's the same 7-8 dudes saying the same things (under the guise of truth, being "right", winning the internet, mountains of evidence and...lol...bravery) that Max has twice asked politely to tone down, it becomes geometric.  And still there is pushback.  

I dont know, yeah, I still see the quotes, but for me blocking has lead the board to more readable