We know they are bad, but stop beating each other over the head

Maxman

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I agree that some will be part of that gutting but a big part of the strip down and then rebuild through the draft with youngsters manning positions is some will slide right in a start, hopefully fulfilling their promise, like AVT, Wilson, Moore, Carter, Hall etc and a larger majority that came through the draft being the basis for a solid and quality 2nd unit adding depth to the roster

its a 52 man roster. It cant be turned over in a day.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you so much Captain!

Tellingly my father whom I had been taken care of during his ongoing battle with memory loss passed last week and he was the one who made me into a Jets fan. 

His motto was simple, “life will not go your way most of the time and it is up to you to decide to make whatever path you take a path of courage and caring, so stay strong!”

Hence I will never give up on the Jets because my father never gave up on me!

Stay Strong fellow Jets fans…

Stay Strong!! :) 

Your dad sounds like a cool dude. Live long and prosper.

spock.jpeg

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, undertow said:

Yeah that was my point to begin with... there's just as many lunatics defending Zach who are way too emotional over legit criticism and I actually did read that one "side" was the problem.  It is what it is there's a segment of the fanbase that's choosing to be overly positive of a team that's won 6 games over two years and hasn't made the playoffs in 11 years as a self defense mechanism I think.  

It's not legit criticism that gets people emotional. You are not going to find a post where someone says that Wilson has to complete his high percentage passes, and someone responding with emotion. 

There is a difference between saying "Zach Wilson has to fix his inaccuracy on his short throws on first down because you are not going to win many games when it's always 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 10" and "This kid sucks! He can't hit any short passes. What a bust!" 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, GangGreened said:

So keep the Zach Wilson sucks talk to the Zach Wilson sucks threads. Fair enough 

Unfortunately, it probably won't be that simple, when the topic comes up naturally people are allowed to post whatever they feel. But some are just so over the top hijacking stuff, that is what we will be fixing soon. Because based on this thread there are people that seem like they will be refusing to comply.

6 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Zach playing better and the Jets winning would help with this.

It definitely would. Jets fans need stuff to feel good about no doubt.

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I don't know if I fall under the category that Maxman is criticizing.  FTR, I want this team to succeed (and Zach to be awesome) but this franchise has beaten me down to the point where I mostly can only expect the worse.  Strangely, I'm still optimistic about JD and this upcoming draft.  But I'm getting increasingly pessimistic about Zach and we all know he's the cornerstone.  I still think he deserves a minimum of next year to prove himself.  But if he still stinks next year then I'd very likely be open to taking another QB.  

This is a good post. Zach has done much to instill confidence in the fan base. So the football criticism of him is fair. We haven't had much of this here but people saying they want to punch him in the face, and things like that. It is just not good. This guy is getting death threats online, it is insanity.

I think the biggest thing in what you wrote is you have an open mind. Will Zach work out? We will find out more next year like you said, but there are people that say definitely he won't work out. That is fine that they feel that way, but it is a bit of a show stopper when someone isn't allowed to be a fan and hope for the best. Tug McGraw is rolling over in his grave.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t think you’re getting the gist of @Maxman’s request today.

@The Crusher @Lith are victory laps like this going to be allowed?
I didn’t read the OP as only one “side” being asked to stop bashing each other over the head.

This is not a one sided thing, you are right.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Thank you so much Captain!

Tellingly my father whom I had been taken care of during his ongoing battle with memory loss passed last week and he was the one who made me into a Jets fan. 

His motto was simple, “life will not go your way most of the time and it is up to you to decide to make whatever path you take a path of courage and caring, so stay strong!”

Hence I will never give up on the Jets because my father never gave up on me!

Stay Strong fellow Jets fans…

Stay Strong!! :) 

CB - so sorry to hear about your Father. That is a great motto! Definitely stay strong.

I will pray for him and for your family. May God Bless you all.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I was going to quote more posts and reply but I will keep it simple. This won't be hard to moderate, there is no new rule. It is simple, don't be a jerk and you will never have a problem here. Give people some room if they think differently than you. Rather than hijacking threads over and over again.

We don't want to ban people over this, but that is where it is headed. Soon unfortunately.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Unfortunately, it probably won't be that simple, when the topic comes up naturally people are allowed to post whatever they feel. But some are just so over the top hijacking stuff, that is what we will be fixing soon. Because based on this thread there are people that seem like they will be refusing to comply.

It definitely would. Jets fans need stuff to feel good about no doubt.

This is a good post. Zach has done much to instill confidence in the fan base. So the football criticism of him is fair. We haven't had much of this here but people saying they want to punch him in the face, and things like that. It is just not good. This guy is getting death threats online, it is insanity.

I think the biggest thing in what you wrote is you have an open mind. Will Zach work out? We will find out more next year like you said, but there are people that say definitely he won't work out. That is fine that they feel that way, but it is a bit of a show stopper when someone isn't allowed to be a fan and hope for the best. Tug McGraw is rolling over in his grave.

This is not a one sided thing, you are right.

I said Wilson had a punchable face. It was a joke. It wasnt a threat.

I am not sure why it even is a big deal since when I search the word punchable, you literally get pages of posts of other users saying other players have punchable faces. Even within this month. So I'm a little confused why my post is being treated like such a huge deal. If you could clarify why it was okay for all those other posts, but not mine I would like to know.

I wont make the joke again, but I would like some type of explanation.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I am not sure why it even is a big deal since when I search the word punchable, you literally get pages of posts of other users saying other players have punchable faces. Even within this month. So I'm a little confused why my post is being treated like such a huge deal. If you could clarify why it was okay for all those other posts, but not mine I would like to know.

I think you're good. That was an obvious joke. He's prob referring to someone else.

• Upvote 1

Just now, jgb said:

I think you're good. That was an obvious joke. He's prob referring to someone else.

He locked the thread I posted it in and said it wasnt cool and then makes this thread and brings up punching in the face twice, so I have to assume he is talking about me.

If not, then cool. Either way I'll just avoid that type of joke.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Warfish said:

What Max wrote can, and in the minds of some posters I could name right off, does apply directly to a poster like me.

I'm not going to argue with Max or his Mods. Especially you, old friend.  I have nothing but love for you all, especially you and Phil.  Not during the Holidays and probably (on this topic) not ever.

His site, his rules.  I will endeavor to obey.  But I have no doubt this new rule will hit me directly at some point.

And respectfully, that's my last word on it, I'm opting out of this discussion.  

The rest of the mods and I feel left out. Words hurt. And Christmas week, no less. 

image.png

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

There are other posts that get deleted that nobody sees. Your post was what I locked the thread on. And I agree it wasn't that bad. But we are level setting the line here because the attacks towards the players are getting out of control.

• Upvote 1