We know they are bad, but stop beating each other over the head

Maxman

1 hour ago, munchmemory said:

One of the best names ever.   On this week's Sunday Morning Show, I learned from her that Penelope Cruz' name should actually be pronounced "Cruth" in Castilian Spanish.

Urban legend is he copyrighted the tilde.

Yeah, been to Spain a few times, first time in Madrid to visit my son studying abroad everyone was pronouncing the "s" sound as "th".  Very weird.  

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Maxman said:

There are other posts that get deleted that nobody sees. Your post was what I locked the thread on. And I agree it wasn't that bad. But we are level setting the line here because the attacks towards the players are getting out of control.

All good.

Like I said, I will just avoid those types of comments and stick to football. 

2 hours ago, Maxman said:

CB - so sorry to hear about your Father. That is a great motto! Definitely stay strong.

I will pray for him and for your family. May God Bless you all.

Thank you Sir!

I have told you before this site is far more than just a place to put some posts up to me. 

For me you have created a place to relive when my Dad and I were young and for that I will be forever grateful and indebted...

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 5

9 hours ago, GangGreened said:

So keep the Zach Wilson sucks talk to the Zach Wilson sucks threads. Fair enough 

We need an **** OFFICIAL ZACH WILSON SUCKS **** thread where no other topics will be made unless they also state BILL BELICHICK IS A SCUMBAG.( Yes, in capitals and anyone who does that UpPeR cAsE LoWeR cAsE cr*p gets put in time out.)

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

So we know the team is bad. We know they were bad last year and the year before that. Everyone has a right to complain and voice their opinions. But at the same time, people have a right to be a fan of this team. They have a right to say what they feel good about.

Some posters are making the site painful right now, turning everything into a "well nothing matters because Zach sucks" site. We don't censor football opinions but let this serve as notice to the few people that are ruining thread after thread after thread. We are going to clean things up and soon so that people can start talking about things again.

If your commentary is taking threads off-topic or just is the same thought over and over again, we don't need to be beaten over the head with it.

Tough season, no doubt. I will be there on Sunday, the day after Christmas. Right now people on the site would say I am an idiot for going. We all have our opinions but the hate that Jets fans are receiving, for rooting for the team is over the top.

Thanks everyone, and go Jets.

Agreed Max.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BurnleyJet said:

The forum I once loved has become  borderline unreadable, sadly.

I'm guessing that's the point of the thread, to pull it back to some semblance of, if not rationality, civility.  It's become toxic.  From both sides.  

The fact that there are sides is toxic in and of itself.  

• Upvote 2

Just curious,  if someone starts a thread to talk about the offense and the QB,  am I allowed to have an opinion that is in conflict with someone else's opinion?? 

And let's say that the person who wants to post about the QB isn't actually a Jets fan, but is only here because of one specific player, and that theoretical person gets angry and defensive towards anyone he disagrees with, was I wrong to state an opinion on the QB in a thread about the QB? 

Jeez, this place is getting as Byzantine as the UN.

• Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Just curious,  if someone starts a thread to talk about the offense and the QB,  am I allowed to have an opinion that is in conflict with someone else's opinion?? 

And let's say that the person who wants to post about the QB isn't actually a Jets fan, but is only here because of one specific player, and that theoretical person gets angry and defensive towards anyone he disagrees with, was I wrong to state an opinion on the QB in a thread about the QB? 

Jeez, this place is getting as Byzantine as the UN.

Completely misunderstanding the point and tossing in a crack about the UN? Interesting strategy. 

• Haha 2

I remember when the Jets were featured on "Hard Knocks". They had a scene where Mike Westhoff was talking to his guys in a meeting. And he explained he could accept players who fall short and fail,either by lack of talent or mistake.  

But he could never accept despair. Despair is the worst. That kind of discouragement is the devil's playground.

Sounds like a very simple thing. But it always resonated with me ever since, especially as a parent. You fell down; get up and try again. 

And yet sad to say, the Wilson drafting looks like yet another draft f___ up that this franchise , who ever is in charge, could have very easily avoided. This kid is a walking red flag,and Mac Jones, the sure thing, the  chalk pick, was right there. And now he's 4 hours up I95 for the next decade or so to torture us. Same thing,different year; Sanchez, Geno Smith, Christian Hackenberg, Sam Darnold, Fitzpatrick, and now Wilson. Or taking Adams over Mahomes or Watson; simply the single worst decision a losing NFL franchise has ever made in the draft, bar f__-ing none. Looks like this franchise year after year, decade after decade, goes for the wrong shiny trinket. It's the most important postion on the field,and they have been screwing that thing up for half a century, spare 2 years of Testaverde and 5 minutes of pre-surgery Pennington. 

This is despair. 

I understand this is not fun. I would like nothing better than to talk about playoff positioning instead. But...despair.