Jump to content

Most important weekend for "Tankathon" hopefuls ?


jetstream23
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Jets vs. Jags  AND Seahawks vs. Bears

On paper each of those games end up moving the Jets lower in the Draft as the Jets and 'Hawks are favorites.   Need a spoiler here... maybe two.

Seattle (5-9, sitting at #8) and Chicago (4-10, sitting at #5)  could potentially flip (I haven't looked at SOS).  Both go to 5-10 with a Chicago win.

Jets with a loss would be tied at 3-12 with the Jags.

Yeah... it sucks that we're watching stuff like this again but such is late December football for our NYJ!

 

Light it up, Zach!  but... Light us up, Jags!

 

 

 

 

Chicago has a better SOS than Seattle but that’ll change with that game. 

We actually have a worse SOS than Jax but that will also change with the game. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

SOS

Bears .527

Hawks .517

The game is in Seattle. 30 degrees with a chance of snow.

Lions vs Falcons is a crucial game that benefits us regardless of which team wins. As we need the Falcons to stay ahead of the Hawks but even better have the Lions pick raise above our own. 

Washington has a better SOS then the Hawks, so even if Pete Carroll and those guys win, they'll remain under the WFT. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

SOS

Bears .527

Hawks .517

The game is in Seattle. 30 degrees with a chance of snow.

Lions vs Falcons is a crucial game that benefits us regardless of which team wins. As we need the Falcons to stay ahead of the Hawks but even better have the Lions pick raise above our own. 

Washington has a better SOS then the Hawks, so even if Pete Carroll and those guys win, they'll remain under the WFT. 

I like that we’re playing for something, however twisted it might be. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If Jets win this game and lose the next 2 the worst they will finish is with the #4 pick. Our game with the Jags is going to swing it in our favor.

If the Jets lose this game, we immediately jump up to #2 due to the SoS flip.

If the Lions beat either the Seahawks or the Falcons we get #1.

 

Edit: The Seattle pick is far more volatile. If they win 1 game they will be 9 or better. If they win 2 it could drop much further, tough to say how far though with so many teams at 7 wins. I'm gonna guess #14 is worst case scenario. Lions Seahawks is a big game for us.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

If Jets win this game and lose the next 2 the worst they will finish is with the #4 pick. Our game with the Jags is going to swing it in our favor.

If the Jets lose this game, we immediately jump up to #2 due to the SoS flip.

If the Lions beat either the Seahawks or the Falcons we get #1.

 

Edit: The Seattle pick is far more volatile. If they win 1 game they will be 9 or better. If they win 2 it could drop much further, tough to say how far though with so many teams at 7 wins. I'm gonna guess #14 is worst case scenario. Lions Seahawks is a big game for us.

Lions win over the Seahawks would have a dramatic impact on both #1s. If you look at the schedule a lot of teams need to fall completely apart for Seattle's pick to be worse than 12th even if they win out. There could easily be 10 non playoff teams with 8 wins.

They have an awful conference record which will eliminate them from the playoffs. Essentially a win by SF and the Vikings and they are eliminated or any loss. 

If the Seahwaks were to lose out we might pick 1st.

Carolina's pick could be REALLY high. They face Bucs twice and NO.  They are odds on favorites to finish with 5 wins. Atlanta seems like the team most likely to slide and finish lower than Seattle. 

The way things are set up, both of our 1st rounders and our 2nd rounder will be really high.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In not overly worried about our draft position, for a change. Sure I'd love Hutchinson, but also think #4 is an attractive spot for trading down with someone who wants a QB. 

And with Seattle, I think you're looking at the same type of player whether you're picking at 8 or 12. Once Hutch/Thibs are off the board, the 10-20 range is the sweet spot in the draft. 

Admittedly there is the potential to trade down again if Seattle lose out and we're picking at 8, so probably best to keep that door open I guess. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, K_O_Brien said:

In not overly worried about our draft position, for a change. Sure I'd love Hutchinson, but also think #4 is an attractive spot for trading down with someone who wants a QB. 

And with Seattle, I think you're looking at the same type of player whether you're picking at 8 or 12. Once Hutch/Thibs are off the board, the 10-20 range is the sweet spot in the draft. 

Admittedly there is the potential to trade down again if Seattle lose out and we're picking at 8, so probably best to keep that door open I guess. 

Agreed.  I always root to win but either way we are pretty much guaranteed a top 5 pick.  As for Seattle when we originally made the trade we expected both pick to be in the late 20’s.  So far we got AVT out if it and this year the pick will probably be in the top 12

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

If Jets win this game and lose the next 2 the worst they will finish is with the #4 pick. Our game with the Jags is going to swing it in our favor.

If the Jets lose this game, we immediately jump up to #2 due to the SoS flip.

If the Lions beat either the Seahawks or the Falcons we get #1.

 

Edit: The Seattle pick is far more volatile. If they win 1 game they will be 9 or better. If they win 2 it could drop much further, tough to say how far though with so many teams at 7 wins. I'm gonna guess #14 is worst case scenario. Lions Seahawks is a big game for us.

Isn't it sad that you know this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't it sad that you know this?
Im actually quite impressed ... and while my natural inclination is to avoid rooting for losses .. with so many "injured" and being held out ... what else is there to root for ? I mean cheering for the scrubs to overacheive and drop our chances of landing a top tier edge or center ? Scrubs that will most likely not be on the team next year? (im looking at you mr white).

Seriously . . This is where we are ... and the #$^$$^ front office can suck it ... produce a real NFL product and ill cheer for garbage time wins again.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk



  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, jgb said:

Isn't openly rooting for Jets losses a little more negative than some other activities that have been called to heel recently?

Negativity itself isn't the issue - it's the cross pollution of that negativity.

This thread is clearly about tanking, draft position, and is highly likely to discuss rooting for losses. Negativity is likely to be present. If I am going to be triggered by that, it's up to me to stay away. People have every right to discuss that on a forum.

If however there's a thread about "how do we improve our O line" I would be expecting a discussion on talent we have, upside, FA / draft picks, schemes etc. If it gets derailed into yet another "Zach sucks, JD sucks, fire everyone, sell the team" diatribe, that is an example of ruining a good discussion with an agenda that lots of people are sick and tired of hearing in every thread. 

"A place for everything, and everything in its place" :-)  

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Im actually quite impressed ... and while my natural inclination is to avoid rooting for losses .. with so many "injured" and being held out ... what else is there to root for ? I mean cheering for the scrubs to overacheive and drop our chances of landing a top tier edge or center ? Scrubs that will most likely not be on the team next year? (im looking at you mr white).

Seriously . . This is where we are ... and the #$^$$^ front office can suck it ... produce a real NFL product and ill cheer for garbage time wins again.

Completely agree, if the team doesn't want fans to root for losses, they should put us in this position each year.

Like you, I don't want to win games with scrubs. If Zach goes out and rips up everyone and we win, I'm cool with that cause that helps long term.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always root for the Jets to win.
But I also want the Jets to be able to draft Hutchinson and Linderbaum in the first round, so...
:-)
 
Root for a win, but if we lose then the better draft position can compensate.

Either way you can come away from each game with some sort of positive outcome. And if we lose while still playing well, so much the better.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I root hard for the Jets to win each week. I want Zach over the next 3 weeks to throw for 1000 yards and 8 touchdowns.

The only thing that happens is I become more accepting of losses. This needs to be the last of that

With our defense, Zach could do that AND the Jets lose out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

With our defense, Zach could do that AND the Jets lose out.
It wouldn't be the worst outcome of it did happen. I'd rather have that than have the defense suddenly show up and we still lose because we can't score points on offense.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

If Jets win this game and lose the next 2 the worst they will finish is with the #4 pick. Our game with the Jags is going to swing it in our favor.

If the Jets lose this game, we immediately jump up to #2 due to the SoS flip.

If the Lions beat either the Seahawks or the Falcons we get #1.

 

Edit: The Seattle pick is far more volatile. If they win 1 game they will be 9 or better. If they win 2 it could drop much further, tough to say how far though with so many teams at 7 wins. I'm gonna guess #14 is worst case scenario. Lions Seahawks is a big game for us.

pick 14 is FINE. Linderboom should be available there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

My Jets fan psychology:

I root for the Jets to win. I'm happier when they win.

But if they lose, hey, draft slot improves.

Added bonus: This year we get to root against the Seahawks and Panthers! Both have been fairly accommodating this season.

Pass the soma.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

pick 14 is FINE. Linderboom should be available there.

That's where I'd normally expect him to go based on positional value but I've seen him mocked as high as #5 to the Giants. I'm not too worried about the Seattle pick, plenty of other positions like LB that will provide value in that stretch of picks outside the top 10.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

That's where I'd normally expect him to go based on positional value but I've seen him mocked as high as #5 to the Giants. I'm not too worried about the Seattle pick, plenty of other positions like LB that will provide value in that stretch of picks outside the top 10.

No way Gboys take him at 5. They a mess all over. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...