Jump to content

Saleh Covid+


Barry McCockinner
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

That's my younger son.  Double vaxxed and just contracted it last weekend.  Maybe he's super immune.

I got my booster the other night and I'm kind of hoping I get it soon.  

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

People should live their lives and stop letting this thing have so much control. Everyone that wants to get vaccinated has had every opportunity and is supposed to be largely protected from having a bad case.

Is this wedding occurring in the north east or California? We've moved on with our lives in the South.

I think the NFL is handling this crazy. Just play the season and if someone is too sick to play don't play.

The issue is how easily it spreads. Even if you are not that sick, if you are positive you can infect the entire team and there is no telling how someone else handles it. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, More Cowbell said:

The issue is how easily it spreads. Even if you are not that sick, if you are positive you can infect the entire team and there is no telling how someone else handles it. 

why is that an issue if people can get vaccinated? Saleh had symptoms but a lot of the people testing + don't even have symptoms. It's dumb.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Lets stick to covid/football related issues because I can see this thread going sideways and getting locked.  

Sorry, agree.  My fault--back to football.

I'm hoping the NFL allows asyptomatic players who choose to play to play.  Can't imagine being a Browns fan and not having any QBs to play as they're heading down the stretch run.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

People should live their lives and stop letting this thing have so much control. Everyone that wants to get vaccinated has had every opportunity and is supposed to be largely protected from having a bad case.

Is this wedding occurring in the north east or California? We've moved on with our lives in the South.

I think the NFL is handling this crazy. Just play the season and if someone is too sick to play don't play.

Pretty foolish thought. Covid would spread to everyone's families and the elderly. I agree you should live your life, but if you contract the disease you need to be quarantined. My neighbor is a Dr. at Yale and he said the beds are full with Covid patients - 80% are unvaccinated and 20% are vaccinated without a booster. Also said people are dying every day. But hey, why not play a game while infected. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Greensleeves said:

Pretty foolish thought. Covid would spread to everyone's families and the elderly. I agree you should live your life, but if you contract the disease you need to be quarantined. My neighbor is a Dr. at Yale and he said the beds are full with Covid patients - 80% are unvaccinated and 20% are vaccinated without a booster. Also said people are dying every day. But hey, why not play a game while infected. 

The vaccine largely protects you from having a severe case, no?

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

It's just so draining hearing it beat into our heads all day every day by the media and talking heads.  

Insert generic argument here... "You're just dumb and selfish, and if you would just do as you're told, we wouldnt have to keep talking about it" 

  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Pretty foolish thought. Covid would spread to everyone's families and the elderly. I agree you should live your life, but if you contract the disease you need to be quarantined. My neighbor is a Dr. at Yale and he said the beds are full with Covid patients - 80% are unvaccinated and 20% are vaccinated without a booster. Also said people are dying every day. But hey, why not play a game while infected. 

My friend's second cousin's godfather told me that too. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This in my opinion would be a very good thing. (hoping nobody dies from it), but if this article is anywhere near correct, then maybe we can put this in the rear view mirror. The world has had enough of it and needs to get back to as normal as can be. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The vaccine largely protects you from having a severe case, no?

The vaccine wears off a little after time so the most consistent thing I have heard is that people with the booster are the most protected but all vaccinated people get the disease less and have less severe symptoms. The thing I am struggling with a bit is that the new variant does not really seem to be more dangerous than the common cold (which is also a covid virus) as opposed to the original variants which were orders of magnitude more dangerous.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BigRy56 said:

Wow. This team is so injured and now struck by COVID… they may actually go lose to Jacksonville 

I thought the league was going to stop testing. Unless all of these guys were showing symptoms, which seems unlikely. I mean most of these guys are nobodies but still..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...