Saleh Covid+

1 minute ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Yeah I’ve basically accepted that marriage with children is the constant struggle of figuring out how to make an extra $300,000 a year. 

Trust me, I've had months were I wanted to get paternity test just in case there was a chance I could get somebody else to pay for at least for half of one of them. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, freestater said:

I always have to explain my cough in public these days.

"*cough* *cough*... oh, that's weed, not covid."

Love it!  I have same issue I get bronchial asthma or asthmatic bronchitis every year since I was a kid.  I cough from November til April not because I’m sick but because my cough constantly irritates my chest, only medication that can stop it is the Vicodin cough syrup but they don’t like giving that out anymore.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Love it!  I have same issue I get bronchial asthma or asthmatic bronchitis every year since I was a kid.  I cough from November til April not because I’m sick but because my cough constantly irritates my chest, only medication that can stop it is the Vicodin cough syrup but they don’t like giving that out anymore.

Which is where we'll be with this variant, hopefully soon. You wont need to isolate for whatever amount of days if you are vaccinated since its as weak as a common cold. 

Yes - that's exactly what it is for. But Omicron is super contagious - recently a Dr. said it was as contagious as measles, which is extremely contagious. 

Which proves my point, there is immunity from antibodies and it’s a lot longer than 6 months. I was infected with Covid early February. Shared a joint twice now in the last month with someone who ended up positive with Covid and I didn’t catch a thing. One of those two already had symptoms apparently when we shared said joint and didn’t bother to tell me until after. The world needs to find something else ridiculous to fixate on and move on. It’s gotten ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Definitely more prevalent in NY than it was in FL. Barely even think about it in Florida. Cant remember the last time the office even referenced it. Visiting NY for xmas and everyone is still at home it seems. Feel bad for the restaurants.

Everything was wide open, it wasn't on anyones mind here for months. NY got hit with this variant starting a few weeks ago and it is spreading like crazy there. Hitting NJ now. Most people I know personally are fine. I can name 25 people that got it in the last ten days and nobody was hospitalized or anything like that. So hoping it plays out that way but holy crap is this contagious.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

There's pretty clear statistical evidence that vaccinated people are having less severe cases. Agree with the rest of what you're saying.

We're not disagreeing actually. The stats prove it is having an effect. Just not the degree. 50% less sick? 20%??  No one knows.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Haven’t been online much today. Just heard this news. So who is driving the tank…errr…coaching the team on Sunday?

TE coach - Ron Middleton

“If Saleh doesn't clear protocols by Sunday, Middleton will coach the team Sunday against the Jacksonville Jaguars at MetLife Stadium. Middleton, 56, spent the previous eight seasons as the Jaguars' tight ends coach.”

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

How awesome would it be if Ron Middleton goes rogue and benches Zach Wilson* at halftime for Mike White omg. I’d rip so much Jameson.

*who is terrific

I am going to speak seriously here because people follow Tom and he is the absolute master. So just do what we do, know that he is Grandfathered in, he can pull things off that none of us can.  Because somehow after the thread asking people not to turn threads sideways about Zach, he does it anyway.

But -- I cracked up. How can you not laugh, Tom has a gift. Being serious.  Everyone tries to copy him and then all hell breaks loose lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 hour ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Soo if we get double jabbed, boostered 5x, new army vaccine, pfizer pill, thats all wee need to take and we are good to go?

Need a little more information to answer that.

1. Do you own a PSL ?  If not what is the best # to reach you at?

2. Is your email address on the board up to date?

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Everything was wide open, it wasn't on anyones mind here for months. NY got hit with this variant starting a few weeks ago and it is spreading like crazy there. Hitting NJ now. Most people I know personally are fine. I can name 25 people that got it in the last ten days and nobody was hospitalized or anything like that. So hoping it plays out that way but holy crap is this contagious.

People are definitely bigger on testing here than back south. I’m in Westchester which has always been a bit hyper. Just seems people are on higher alert and more anxious. Not sure what to attest to that but just an observation. Parties getting cancelled. People are definitely less worried in the south regarding covid, masks etc.

22 minutes ago, Grandy said:

Haven't seen it mentioned but a big reason why getting vaccinated is so important is because it lessens the load of medical workers, and opens up more hospital beds. Earlier this year there were multiple reports of people with cardiac arrest, appendicitis etc that couldn't get a bed in time because it was filled with people that very easily could've avoided being there in the first place. 

I think some of the NFL policies right now aren't great, but its important to keep the above in mind. 

This was is the exact situation we face up here in Alberta.  Healthcare so overloaded that pretty well all surgery cancelled.  People waiting for cancer surgeries or eye surgeries, transplants, you name it, all cancelled.

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I am going to speak seriously here because people follow Tom and he is the absolute master. So just do what we do, know that he is Grandfathered in, he can pull things off that none of us can.  Because somehow after the thread asking people not to turn threads sideways about Zach, he does it anyway.

But -- I cracked up. How can you not laugh, Tom has a gift. Being serious.  Everyone tries to copy him and then all hell breaks loose lol.

Tom sucks 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

People are definitely bigger on testing here than back south. I’m in Westchester which has always been a bit hyper. Just seems people are on higher alert and more anxious. Not sure what to attest to that but just an observation. Parties getting cancelled. People are definitely less worried in the south regarding covid, masks etc.

Thank God I don't live in Westchester any longer...living in FL is like nirvana, except when I meet former NYer's who have only lived here several years.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Wit said:

Does anyone else think it’s odd that the TE coach is stepping up this week as interim? What does that say about his confidence in his coordinators??

Based on his decisions this season I’m not surprised at all. This TE coach may be our best coach on the staff. All the TE’s haven’t looked that bad at all lol