to the fans that preach "patience"

kmnj

1 minute ago, Jetfuel66 said:

I totally understand not wanting to incur the cost for your psl's and tickets. I was a season ticket holder from 1980 until i moved to Florida in 1988. I still see the Jets in person as often as I am able.

With that said.... I don't understand what the constant complaining and negativity accomplishes. This organization finally decided to tear the structure down to the foundation. They are rebuilding everything including the medical and conditioning staff as well as the scouting department. They have chosen to implement a brand new offensive and defensive scheme and clearly lack the talent at this point to run them effectively. 

They also chose to take a shot on a very talented but young QB from a smaller school who really should be a senior right now.

What happened under past regimes and with different teams has no bearing on now. Its not JD's fault that the Jets have been a backwards organization for the last 10 years. What matters is that he does seem to have a logical plan. I like the coach and the direction this team is going. I like that JD considers the O line important to the basic success of a team. I love his trades and I am happy that he is not overpaying on JAG free agents. I see that we lack talent but I am confident that we will address those needs.

I see a brighter future and yes I know its been a while. But I feel that this regime deserves some support and some time to implement their program. I have been a fan since 1974 BTW, so I have seen it all with this team.

This time I truly believe we are heading in the right direction. Does that mean that there wont be some missteps along the way? It would be foolish to think that. But we can support this team without the incessant complaining and ridiculous demands for people to be fired at every turn.

That attitude just perpetuates the cycle of losing. My suggestion would be to try and find a way to be supportive. And when things turn for the better you can feel good about giving your support to the team when a lot of fans took the easy way out and just spewed negativity.

You are making way too much sense. It is much more important to lose your mind like Bart Scott and others about how Zach Wilson wouldnt answer a beat writers question.

In all seriousness, this is an excellent post, totally agree

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Just curious, what did you expect? All teams who are slightly out of their rebuilds and have success went through awful seasons before they seemingly became competitive. How many years for Cleveland? SF? Buffalo? Saints? If you compare SF, ( staff where Saleh came from), Shanahan's record was dreadful years 1 and 2. And then things turned around. Of course I want more wins, it just doesnt seem to happen this way

Our rookie QB has struggled like all the rookie Qbs. But our Qb won rookie of the week twice. Say what you want but the others didnt. Last 6 games Zach's INTs have dramatically decreased, he looks more confident, better decision making, and his ability to make a play unscripted, scrambling and eluding sacks is way above average. He has improved at the starts of games, and has had multiple scoring drives in the first half over the last several games. Sunday he caught Miami napping on defense 2-3 times with sneaks and drawing a penalty. Michael Carter, AVT, and Alijah Moore have all improved since the start of the season. Our CBs have out played their draft positions and we may have even found a kicker. Many fans wanted La Fluer fired after games 1-5. How's that looking now? 

On a side note, our HC didnt try to fire himself, grope a girl half his age, and blame everyone else but himself.

Disastrous? I would call the situations of the Giants, Bears , Jaguars, Seattle, and Texans more disastrous before us

I just dont see how this season is disastrous

I see this the same way also. Great post!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Copernicus said:

Just curious, what did you expect? All teams who are slightly out of their rebuilds and have success went through awful seasons before they seemingly became competitive. How many years for Cleveland? SF? Buffalo? Saints? If you compare SF, ( staff where Saleh came from), Shanahan's record was dreadful years 1 and 2. And then things turned around. Of course I want more wins, it just doesnt seem to happen this way

Our rookie QB has struggled like all the rookie Qbs. But our Qb won rookie of the week twice. Say what you want but the others didnt. Last 6 games Zach's INTs have dramatically decreased, he looks more confident, better decision making, and his ability to make a play unscripted, scrambling and eluding sacks is way above average. He has improved at the starts of games, and has had multiple scoring drives in the first half over the last several games. Sunday he caught Miami napping on defense 2-3 times with sneaks and drawing a penalty. Michael Carter, AVT, and Alijah Moore have all improved since the start of the season. Our CBs have out played their draft positions and we may have even found a kicker. Many fans wanted La Fluer fired after games 1-5. How's that looking now? 

On a side note, our HC didnt try to fire himself, grope a girl half his age, and blame everyone else but himself.

Disastrous? I would call the situations of the Giants, Bears , Jaguars, Seattle, and Texans more disastrous before us

I just dont see how this season is disastrous

If you're asking if I think Douglas/Saleh/Wilson can turn it around - I do.

I can't honestly say I expect it at this point, though. I thought we'd look a lot better on Sundays this year - regardless of overall record. We just don't appear to be that competitive on either side of the ball.

And the lessons of the "Darnold development", i.e. how best to ruin a young prospect, having seemingly not been learned. We're still an offense with a weak offensive line that routinely loses 1 on 1 matchups, cannot deliver big plays and does not appear schematically sound, much less creative.

I understand the being patient with year 1 everything, but why not start a veteran then? We could've rented Minshew for a year for a low round pick and sent him out there for this season, or at least half of it, while letting Wilson learn and not shatter this kids confidence.

And then defense - certainly unlucky with the Lawson injury - but we seemingly do nothing well. We get run on. We don't get consistent pressure. Our LB'ers cannot cover. The young corners have played surprisingly solid, but what does it matter if you're giving up five yards every rush and giving the quarterback four seconds every dropback?

Outside of the complete question mark that is Wilson's future, I'll grant JD the 2021 draft class looks good. The 2020 class? Who knows with Becton? Mims is a bust. Davis is meh. Bryce Hall is good. The Punter is a Punter. 

How about free agents? I like Corey Davis, but he's been inconsistent and cannot be relied upon at this point. Fant was an inspired signing, a lot of credit to JD for that. J Davis sucks. McGovern should be playing guard and is a liability at center calling protections. GVR is a bust. Keelan Cole barely contributes. Rankins is a bust. 

All of our high-risk moves seem like misses from where we stand right now - Becton, Wilson, signing Corey Davis, signing Carl Lawson, pairing a first time HC with a first time OC.

Do I think this regime with this quarterback is completely incapable of bouncing back? No, I don't think that. But I am skeptical at this point.

From my point of view, we're not just counting on 'another year into the rebuild will yield better results', I think we'll need luck and some statistical outlier type of year 2 improvements across the board. 

• Upvote 3

I get it. I think any fan who has suffered through 6 consecutive losing seasons "gets it."

But you also have to remember -- the GM has been here for two offseasons and the HC is finishing up his first season. They haven't been here for six years -- or 45 or however many since SB III -- they're just getting started.

What's the answer? Fire them? So the next guys start the clock anew?

It is what it is. The Johnson bros are geeks who have run this thing into the ground and we need to hope the current regime is up to the task of fixing it.

• Upvote 4

thanks for your replies. I was just curious-what (i have noticed in general which is why I asked the question )is that the folks that  pony up the cash for the season tickets or did for many years are the ones that are most critical and negative and not willing to have patience or wait it out or be optimistic because we have seen this movie play out many  times-

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

I have read over and over again since Joe got here (actually with the two clowns before )that fans need to be patient and "there is a plan" and we are "building through the draft" and it will take a few years.

my question to those that keep  preaching patience ( you know who you are)  do you have season tickets and if so for how many years (if you are willing to answer that)

I personally walked away from my paid psls.  I had over 300 home and road games in attendance. I ran out of patience and left for other reasons as well. 

I get having hope and wanting to support your team but when people are spending thousands of dollars every year to ask them to be patient is a big ask these days and to expect them to not be critical when the team is stuck in the basement of the league year in and year out is also a big ask

Blowing A Raspberry GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Our rookie QB has struggled like all the rookie Qbs. But our Qb won rookie of the week twice. Say what you want but the others didnt. Last 6 games Zach's INTs have dramatically decreased, he looks more confident, better decision making, and his ability to make a play unscripted, scrambling and eluding sacks is way above average. He has improved at the starts of games, and has had multiple scoring drives in the first half over the last several games. Sunday he caught Miami napping on defense 2-3 times with sneaks and drawing a penalty.

I’d normally reply to this, but site rules no longer permit it.

Enjoy your safe space. Happy Holidays.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Seibelt said:

If I still lived in Jersey, I would not pay $1 to see the Jets in person, nor have I purchased any products of any sort with a Jet logo on it in many years.

I have and always will be a Jets fan and will watch them every week.

What is the cost? 

AGITA

Well I have been purchasing Jets apparel not tied in with the NFL.

my newest hoodie from Amazon says:

”we almost always almost win”

Jets Football

eff it have fun with our ineptitude 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

To be honest the worst Jet fan is the guy who chastises out loyal Jet fans for “not being patient” for the last decade 

I disagree. To me the worst jet fan is the one who endlessly and continuously complains and spews negativity with no real alternative solution other than fire so and so, or this guy sucks.....bla bla bla 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Jetscode1 said:

Some excellent commentary in this thread.  FTR, I am not a STH nor ever was.  Moved away from the tri-state area many decades ago.  Still follow loyally on the Sunday ticket and have gone to a couple of road games.  Obviously, I haven't invested as much cash or watched in person as much as others.  As far as the patience question, all of us who continue to cheer for this team are a little jaded.  I just do not see another way forward than taking the long road and building through the draft.  The last decade we've seen player after player take the Jets money and then sh*t the bed.   We've seen agents play us for more money when the player had no desire to play for us.  IMO, we have no other way forward other than the slow, steady incremental improvement through the draft.  JD has penny pinched, avoided albatross contracts and built up a cache of draft picks.  Personally, I never thought he could parlay JA for two draft picks never mind two #1 picks.  I'd like to enjoy the process to see how he builds this team.  I understand the critical nature of some fans.  I'm OK with it.  There is plenty to be critical about.  I just think this pairing of JD and RS deserve more than a year or two before we start flying planes around with Joe must go flags.  The GM is relatively new at his position, as many have pointed out, we see coaches as first-time HC, coordinators and a rookie QB.  Not exactly how I would have played it but it what it is.  At least they are trying bold instead of playing safe.  Just my two cents.

Well said sir!

2 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Would idzik or macc suddenly have gotten better with more time? How about sanchez, geno, or darnold?

Have we regretted not letting them have more time?

We already know where this Douglas/saleh/wilson train is going. We arent going to learn anything more.

Idzik and Mac couldn't hold JD's jockstrap IMHO

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Literally the only thing that matters is the results on the field. And so far, he is worse than both. 

I disagree. Maybe because he is actually fixing this mess. Once again this may actually take some .....dare I say it?......PATIENCE.

Whats the alternative? Fire JD? Would that be the best move at this time?

• Upvote 1