to the fans that preach "patience"

kmnj

I would completely ditch season tickets at this point. They’re so readily available you can buy them anytime. Why waste money on sh*tty teams like this. I don’t even let the game interfere with my life on tv anymore. If something is going on that causes me to miss a game I don’t lose sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

17 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

I'll see you in the Joe Douglas has been fired thread in 1-2 years.

No, no you won't.

17 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

How is the blind hope and delusion working out for you so far?

Pretty good, I'm not spending wasted energy b*tching and whining on a fan message board, p*ssed off about things I have no control over.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

my greatest "Jet Fan Fear" is that we finally have the guy whether its HC, GM or QB and gave up on him to early. thats why i have patience.

we have been looking for good guys since Tanny and Rex. some of you think its Parcels was the last guy. hell some think we never had one. either way thats more incentive to make sure we got the guy before we throw them away.

i for one would die if gave up on them too early and watch them have success somewhere else.

take JD for example. as of right now the 2020 draft looks bad. but the 2021 draft looks good. maybe he learned from his mistakes? maybe it was the covid restrictions? he has earn more time.

but some of you want him gone cause he cant find a kicker?, because he signed Ryan Kalil? he traded a 6th rd pick for Flacco? some of the thing this board bitches about is ridiculous. were going to get good thru the draft so if he can keep putting together good ones they trump a few bad FA signing.

i have been critical of Saleh for this defense but maybe he learns like JD did and next year is better. history has shown us that a lot of great HCs started out bad. Andy Ried had 5 wins his first year. Parcells had 3 wins his first. then after winning 2 SBs he goes to NE and wins 5 games his first year there.

and how would you like to be Cleveland and give up on Belichick and watch him become the greatest coach of all time. yeah it helps to have Brady, but we can all agree that Bill is one hell of a coach.

and Wilson has 10 games. too early to call him anything. the most encouraging thing about him is he is teachable. he learns.

Belichick schooled him in week 2. 4 INTs. then the next week in Denver he has 2. after that he has had one a game and has none in the last 2 weeks.

Saleh wanted boring "Mike White" football. well thats what Zach has done. no more hero ball. which i think is a mistake. the kids got a cannon, and they took his gun away. but hes doing as he is told. 

Zach has made mistakes, no doubt about that. but as long as he doesnt repeat them we can have patience.

we all know good QBs, HCs and GMs dont grow on trees. so we have to make sure these guys are bad before we cut them loose. and 1 season for Saleh and Wilson or 2 for JD is not enough 

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Interesting how people who bitch and complain the most hop hardest on the bandwagon while the stupid 'patience' folks generally have learned to expect baby steps.  Perhaps they should sign the biggest free agent name to the biggest contract ever? That's all you want.  It's only given the results over the past decade that got us nowhere.  Well, a couple 10 win seasons mixed in with all the rebuilds and failures that got us, literally, HERE.  But yeah, go back to that.

3 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You're calling being the worst QB in the league, "rookie QB mistakes."

Nobody doesnt expect mistakes. This is far beyond that and to deny it is straight up delusion.

How far this fan base has fallen when expecting 7 wins in a GMs 3rd year is seen as unrealistic.

The difference between the rankings of Lawrence, Fields and Wilson are negligible.  Hes not ranked at the bottom, hes just below Lawrence and ahead of Fields, as long as you dont go to ESPN and their god awful, no one uses QBR system.  But who gives a shlt, they could flip flop after this weekend

Just blurting out we should win 7 games after 3 years under a GM, one who's been here for TWO drafts and TWO FA's and who spent those first two years gutting the roster, is exactly what I'm talking about

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The difference between the rankings of Lawrence, Fields and Wilson are negligible.  Hes not ranked at the bottom, hes just below Lawrence and ahead of Fields, as long as you dont go to ESPN and their god awful, no one uses QBR system.  But who gives a shlt, they could flip flop after this weekend

Just blurting out we should win 7 games after 3 years under a GM, one who's been here for TWO drafts and TWO FA's and who spent those first two years gutting the roster, is exactly what I'm talking about

And how is Mac Jones doing?

It's all you can talk about, because it just sounds nice to say and makes you feel good about how bad Joe Douglas is at his job. Because theres nothing positive to hang your hat on except hopes and dreams.

10 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

And how is Mac Jones doing?

It's all you can talk about, because it just sounds nice to say and makes you feel good about how bad Joe Douglas is at his job. Because theres nothing positive to hang your hat on except hopes and dreams.

Hes on a top team in the NFL.  Put him on the Jags, Jets or Bears and we see a very different Mac Jones.  

It makes me feel good to be able to apply situations to stats I read 

That you find nothing positive about his last draft or where the team is pointed or how the QB will fair, is fine just stop trying to convince me how he sucks because we suck.  Re read @Maxman thread.  This wasnt a thread about QBs

• Thumb Down 1

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Hes on a top team in the NFL.  Put him on the Jags, Jets or Bears and we see a very different Mac Jones.  

It makes me feel good to be able to apply situations to stats I read 

That you find nothing positive about his last draft or where the team is pointed or how the QB will fair, is fine just stop trying to convince me how he sucks because we suck.  Re read @Maxman thread.  This wasnt a thread about QBs

What the hell?

Buddy, you quoted me and started this conversation. Not only that, YOU brought up Wilson. Not me. I responded to you. 

Perhaps it's you that should re-read that thread.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

What the hell?

Buddy, you quoted me and started this conversation. Not only that, YOU brought up Wilson. Not me. I responded to you. 

Perhaps it's you that should re-read that thread.

We were discussing JD and you came back with this to my post about those who didnt expect rookie mistakes:

You're calling being the worst QB in the league, "rookie QB mistakes."

Nobody doesnt expect mistakes. This is far beyond that and to deny it is straight up delusion.

How far this fan base has fallen when expecting 7 wins in a GMs 3rd year is seen as unrealistic.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, Jet Nut said:

We were discussing JD and you came back with this to my post about those who didnt expect rookie mistakes:

Nobody was discussing QB at all until you quoted me and started talking about people not expecting to see rookie mistakes from the QB. So again, YOU brought up the QB. Not me. I responded to your post.

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Nobody was discussing QB at all until you quoted me and started talking about people not expecting to see rookie mistakes from the QB. So again, YOU brought up the QB. Not me. I responded to your post.

Youre not able to distinguish me listing a rookie QB development with all the reasons people shouldn't have expected a winning and you then going into your rant on how he sucks, calling him the worst in the league etc?  OK, end it already 

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre not able to distinguish me listing a rookie QB development with all the reasons people shouldn't have expected a winning and you then going into your rant on how he sucks, calling him the worst in the league etc?  OK, end it already 

Maybe try posting in good faith instead of trying to bait people into bans. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Maybe try posting in good faith instead of trying to bait people into bans. 

Yeah, I baited you. 

No one gets baited into being banned here, its pretty deserved when someone get a time out.  They get banned on merit, its fair as can be

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

You bring up the QB, then 3 posts later tag the owner and complain about me talking a subject YOU brought up. 

You are a strange, strange man.

One last time, I didnt bring up the QB, I brought up all the reasons why the team is struggling. 

Youre beyond reasoning, you just want to argue.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, Jet2020 said:

Honestly, I have watched maybe 2 or 3 games this year. never ever had I missed a game before that unless I was traveling. It’s like my married life. Excitement is not there anymore. 

Well, I was kidding, lol, I watch them but I dont prioritize it the way I used to back when I was younger.  I'd basically work my day around kick-off and watch every minute.  Not anymore.  If I miss, oh well, it what it is and often times it's just on in the background.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, JiFapono said:

Well, I was kidding, lol, I watch them but I dont prioritize it the way I used to back when I was younger.  I'd basically work my day around kick-off and watch every minute.  Not anymore.  If I miss, oh well, it what it is and often times it's just on in the background.

I was the same way until recently. Already know we’re going to lose and the 3 victories were good surprises. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, doitny said:

my greatest "Jet Fan Fear" is that we finally have the guy whether its HC, GM or QB and gave up on him to early. thats why i have patience.

we have been looking for good guys since Tanny and Rex. some of you think its Parcels was the last guy. hell some think we never had one. either way thats more incentive to make sure we got the guy before we throw them away.

i for one would die if gave up on them too early and watch them have success somewhere else.

take JD for example. as of right now the 2020 draft looks bad. but the 2021 draft looks good. maybe he learned from his mistakes? maybe it was the covid restrictions? he has earn more time.

but some of you want him gone cause he cant find a kicker?, because he signed Ryan Kalil? he traded a 6th rd pick for Flacco? some of the thing this board bitches about is ridiculous. were going to get good thru the draft so if he can keep putting together good ones they trump a few bad FA signing.

i have been critical of Saleh for this defense but maybe he learns like JD did and next year is better. history has shown us that a lot of great HCs started out bad. Andy Ried had 5 wins his first year. Parcells had 3 wins his first. then after winning 2 SBs he goes to NE and wins 5 games his first year there.

and how would you like to be Cleveland and give up on Belichick and watch him become the greatest coach of all time. yeah it helps to have Brady, but we can all agree that Bill is one hell of a coach.

and Wilson has 10 games. too early to call him anything. the most encouraging thing about him is he is teachable. he learns.

Belichick schooled him in week 2. 4 INTs. then the next week in Denver he has 2. after that he has had one a game and has none in the last 2 weeks.

Saleh wanted boring "Mike White" football. well thats what Zach has done. no more hero ball. which i think is a mistake. the kids got a cannon, and they took his gun away. but hes doing as he is told. 

Zach has made mistakes, no doubt about that. but as long as he doesnt repeat them we can have patience.

we all know good QBs, HCs and GMs dont grow on trees. so we have to make sure these guys are bad before we cut them loose. and 1 season for Saleh and Wilson or 2 for JD is not enough 

The problem of patience over the last 50 years is that it hasn’t really paid off

Gase, Sporano( may he Rest In Peace), Kotite and the list goes on. The one bright spot was Parcells.  Rex Ryan also brought some hope. It’s time for a change, win now or some kind of hybrid. This 50 year rebuild needs to come to an end. Patience is done, hope is eternal. Rose colored glasses are still on 

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2021 at 1:19 PM, Jetfuel66 said:

I totally understand not wanting to incur the cost for your psl's and tickets. I was a season ticket holder from 1980 until i moved to Florida in 1988. I still see the Jets in person as often as I am able.

With that said.... I don't understand what the constant complaining and negativity accomplishes. This organization finally decided to tear the structure down to the foundation. They are rebuilding everything including the medical and conditioning staff as well as the scouting department. They have chosen to implement a brand new offensive and defensive scheme and clearly lack the talent at this point to run them effectively. 

They also chose to take a shot on a very talented but young QB from a smaller school who really should be a senior right now.

What happened under past regimes and with different teams has no bearing on now. Its not JD's fault that the Jets have been a backwards organization for the last 10 years. What matters is that he does seem to have a logical plan. I like the coach and the direction this team is going. I like that JD considers the O line important to the basic success of a team. I love his trades and I am happy that he is not overpaying on JAG free agents. I see that we lack talent but I am confident that we will address those needs.

I see a brighter future and yes I know its been a while. But I feel that this regime deserves some support and some time to implement their program. I have been a fan since 1974 BTW, so I have seen it all with this team.

This time I truly believe we are heading in the right direction. Does that mean that there wont be some missteps along the way? It would be foolish to think that. But we can support this team without the incessant complaining and ridiculous demands for people to be fired at every turn.

That attitude just perpetuates the cycle of losing. My suggestion would be to try and find a way to be supportive. And when things turn for the better you can feel good about giving your support to the team when a lot of fans took the easy way out and just spewed negativity.

Great post and I agree 100 % . That being said sometimes fans here take the brunt of the "disgruntled Jets fan" simply because they are honest about a situation, a player, or the team in general. I'm saying this not in relation to what you posted here but as an addition.

I'm at the point in my Jets Fandom (since 1971) that I need to see it rather than constantly hope for it. I see some good young players on the team now and some spots that need to be filled. I also see a QB struggling on a historically bad level and that's very concerning. Some folks here don't want to come to grips that this team is going to take some time to get it together and for a complete tear down and rebuild we should start seeing this team at the very least get competitive by the middle of next year. What I mean by competitive is being able to at the very least execute the Off and Def. schemes.... too many times this year we have seen miscommunications and breakdowns on both sides of the ball causing it to just be down right easy for our competition, that's youth>> This has to stop next year . Sure we may get beat talent wise but at least be in a position where you can make a play or have the chance to make one.  This is important because with new players coming in be it rookies or FA's we have to at least be able to run the scheme so they can blend into it easily rather than falling into a cluster****.

I think the first 4 or 5 games next year will be a very telling sign as to the direction of this team. Obviously the draft and FA will play a big role in that, so all we can do at this point is hope JD pushes the right buttons and Robert Saleh is the right guy for the job. 

Most Importantly I think Zach needs to be told next year the QB position is going to be a competition between him and Mike White I have a ton of reasons for that, some obvious some not so obvious but the main thing is Zach needs to earn the position and not have it handed to him. That could go a long way in his development.

• Upvote 2

16 hours ago, doitny said:

heh too early ? I've been rooting for the Jets for 50 years since I was 7 years old and I can count on one hand how many players/Coaches/HC's/Gm's that have left here and had success elsewhere. Most who leave here usually hit the streets. I'm not counting Belichick because that bitch left on his own probably the best thing he ever did from his perspective.

A few names I can come up with are 

1. Pete Carrol - I liked him as a DC and as a HC the team certainly gave up on him pretty early but maybe he needed a bit more time since he was really young when he was here .

2. John Abraham - IMHO this guy had a nice career but it always seemed when his team needed him most he usually let them down. Regular season MVP Playoff Dud.

3. Hugh Douglas - went on to have a nice career

4. Terrance Mathis - Loved him here as a 3rd WR but he did much better away from the Jets.

5. Demario Davis - took a few year's to develop into a good player then we let him go after a really good season and he played great with the Saints then we got him back he played good again and we promptly dumped him again. 

I think that's all I got 

13 hours ago, JiFapono said:

yeah JIF I have after about game 6 been doing the background thing. I got a little excited with Mike White then the Jets flushed that excitement down the toilet now honestly I sit watch the games and laugh a little because it does get to the point of comedy. But I have still kept my streak alive of never missing a Jets game. I should seek help at some point

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2021 at 6:41 PM, kmnj said:

I have read over and over again since Joe got here (actually with the two clowns before )that fans need to be patient and "there is a plan" and we are "building through the draft" and it will take a few years.

my question to those that keep  preaching patience ( you know who you are)  do you have season tickets and if so for how many years (if you are willing to answer that)

I personally walked away from my paid psls.  I had over 300 home and road games in attendance. I ran out of patience and left for other reasons as well. 

I get having hope and wanting to support your team but when people are spending thousands of dollars every year to ask them to be patient is a big ask these days and to expect them to not be critical when the team is stuck in the basement of the league year in and year out is also a big ask

When your team sucks, you have three options as a fan.

1) Wait quietly (patience)

2) Wait and bitch (nobody cares)

3) Leave

• Upvote 1

Season ticket holder since 2008 (I believe). I think as a person that lays down a couple of thousand every year (except this year), I absolutely have a right to demand results sooner rather than later. If I went to buy a car and the salesman told me the car would run poorly for the first couple of years but eventually I should hope that the car runs well, would I buy that car? Absolutely not. 

I don't think "building through the draft" and "being immediately more competitive" need to be mutually exclusive. I can appreciate some of you that have posted statistical evidence of a very modest improvement compared to last year, but does it really feel that way when you watch the games? This season has felt like mostly games that became non competitive in the 2nd and 3rd quarters only to have the offense pick up garbage time statistics in the 4th quarter against a prevent defense to make things seem better than they are (think of Wilson's game against New Orleans and how much better the stats looked after the last drive). 

While I am in favor of building through the draft and not overspending in free agency, it is extraordinarily hard for me to be patient when I see so many decisions that I felt were patently bad from the start. 

Would I be more patient if the Jets had hired a coach with a decent track record like Pederson or Caldwell? Yes. 

Would I be more patient if Saleh had hired experienced coordinators? Yes. 

Would I be more patient if they had selected someone other than Zach Wilson? Yes. 

However, you are asking a lot of me to be patient for better results when I thought from the outset that the Jets were making bad decisions. Could things turn around? Hypothetically, yes, but I'm just not buying it. 

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

heh too early ? I've been rooting for the Jets for 50 years since I was 7 years old and I can count on one hand how many players/Coaches/HC's/Gm's that have left here and had success elsewhere. Most who leave here usually hit the streets. I'm not counting Belichick because that bitch left on his own probably the best thing he ever did from his perspective.

A few names I can come up with are 

1. Pete Carrol - I liked him as a DC and as a HC the team certainly gave up on him pretty early but maybe he needed a bit more time since he was really young when he was here .

2. John Abraham - IMHO this guy had a nice career but it always seemed when his team needed him most he usually let them down. Regular season MVP Playoff Dud.

3. Hugh Douglas - went on to have a nice career

4. Terrance Mathis - Loved him here as a 3rd WR but he did much better away from the Jets.

5. Demario Davis - took a few year's to develop into a good player then we let him go after a really good season and he played great with the Saints then we got him back he played good again and we promptly dumped him again. 

I think that's all I got 

your right we dont have too many, maybe because we usually give players more than 1-2 years to prove it to us. HC and GMs get a fair amount of time for the most part in our history.

just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it can't. it does for other teams. why not us.

i like your list. Carroll got a raw deal here and all for Kotitie. then 3 years later he goes to NE and goes 27-21 and gets fired for Belichick. at least he landed on his feet. 

i am going to add to your list and TBH i had to look these up lol

James Farrior. this guy had a great Carrer. but we never started him to his last year which was pretty good.

Santana Moss- now this is a killer. he went on to have a nice 10 year career in Wash. 

now these guys as well as yours got a few years to play which is fine. i cant really blame the Jets for not wanting to pay some of them after what they seen. but today everyone knows after 10 games Wilson sucks, or if JDs 21 draft doesnt make the all rookie team there nothing special. 

like Farrior started 27 out of 60 games his first 4 years here. i can imagine this board calling him a bust. Moss started 3 of 20 games his first 2 years. only had 30 catches in those 2 years. i can imagine this board wanting that GMs head calling Moss the 16th pick in the draft a bust.

im sure i could find more if i had nothing better to do but the point is we had to give these players some time. 

LOL. this is funny. You don't want to root for the team, root for someone else. there are 31 other teams that people can root for. If it's results you are looking for then be a Patriots fan. They are winning. I heard one complaining Jets fan say that the Jets aren't playing ANY draft picks like the Giants are. REALLY? NONE? WE have the most rookie snaps by a wide margin in the league but we aren't playing any draft picks? I have been a Jets fan since they were the Titans. This time it's different. 

Let me tell you what I see. Idzik was a pencil pusher and had no business being a GM. McCagnan pieced together a team and spent money getting players that were only here for a payday. Hell, we are still paying those players. Neither one drafted any early round o-line men. Neither one tore down the roster and tried to rebuild, they just patched. Enter Joe Douglas. he told you from day one that he was gonna build from the line out. He told you he was going to build from the draft. He has drafted an offensive lineman in each of his first two drafts. I expect that trend to continue.The entire roster has been broken down and is being rebuilt. He has traded away or cut the high priced free agents that the prior regime payed for. The draft picks are playing. The young kids are playing. They are taking their lumps but they are playing and getting experience. To expect them to come from all different backgrounds and schools and win from jump is unrealistic. Do GM's hit on ALL their draft picks? NO. If you think so, name one. 

As has been said before, all teams who go through a rebuild have growing pains. Everyone was rooting for Mike White, myself included) to do good. But these are the same people who were calling for the coordinators head. I have seen a rookie running back who could hit his head on the goalpost at  any time. WR also. I see a left guard who could possibly be a stud. I see other players on the team offensively and defensively who if not starters are at least good backups. Have I seen the team play a complete game? No. But I have seen flashes. Our team hasn't learned how to win yet. I believe they will.

If you think our GM sucks, then who do you want as GM that will walk in the door and have a super bowl roster? Coach in over his head? Who do you want that will come in first year and have us in the super bowl? Who? 

No my friend, the GM has done this the correct way. No more quick fixes. No more media leaks. No more paying guys who didn't deserve the expensive contracts they got. If you did get a contract, it is only for 3 years, so we can cut you after two if it doesn't work out. We have cash and draft picks and that will be the way going forward. This time it's different. Don't want to be patient while we do this the right way. Go root for the Patriots. there you can get your rookie QB who's going to the hall of fame and the results you want.