Anyone get the Jet renewal season ticket email

kevinc855

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yeah you gotta be crazy to renew. I posted this in another thread there is literally no benefit of being a season ticket holder. First off, you have to buy the two preseason games at face value which is a slap in the face to begin with.

secondly, let’s say you do want to go to every game. You can literally go on StubHub the day of the game and buy tickets for a fraction of the face value. 

or you can always just call the Jets ticket office and buy the face value seats for a particular game you want. I don’t think they’ve sold out a game all year. 

being a Jets season ticket holder is literally the biggest sucker move one can do. The only benefit would be if they ever become good and the tickets become a hot commodity like the Knicks. But that doesn’t seem likely 

I actually wrote my rep an email with all these concerns.  Told them stop automatic payment and they didn't respond.  I'm sure they will try to take money out of my account hoping I will change my mind. 

I had decent seats so they were easy to get rid of if I couldn't go without taking a huge lose.  Thank God I didn't pay for psl's that would of been a total waste. Like you said just go on ebay or a secondary site. 

If they were still in the hunt and had 7 + wins like almost every other NFL team I would of keep the tickets. I don't forsee that happening in the near future. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

Yeah you gotta be crazy to renew. I posted this in another thread there is literally no benefit of being a season ticket holder. First off, you have to buy the two preseason games at face value which is a slap in the face to begin with.

secondly, let’s say you do want to go to every game. You can literally go on StubHub the day of the game and buy tickets for a fraction of the face value. 

or you can always just call the Jets ticket office and buy the face value seats for a particular game you want. I don’t think they’ve sold out a game all year

being a Jets season ticket holder is literally the biggest sucker move one can do. The only benefit would be if they ever become good and the tickets become a hot commodity like the Knicks. But that doesn’t seem likely 

They NEVER EFFING WILL.  Good point.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, JETSY14 said:

I actually wrote my rep an email with all these concerns.  Told them stop automatic payment and they didn't respond.  I'm sure they will try to take money out of my account hoping I will change my mind. 

I had decent seats so they were easy to get rid of if I couldn't go without taking a huge lose.  Thank God I didn't pay for psl's that would of been a total waste. Like you said just go on ebay or a secondary site. 

If they were still in the hunt and had 7 + wins like almost every other NFL team I would of keep the tickets. I don't forsee that happening in the near future. 

Surprised they haven’t reached out 

poor move by the Jets 

11 hours ago, JETSY14 said:

I did pay the psl. 15k total and I still walked away. Hard to walk away from that much money spent but I still save around 5k each year by not buying the tickets,parking etc.. every year. Sometimes you just have to admit your mistake and cut your losses. It just isn’t fun anymore either. When I was younger it was fun and exciting. Looked forward to it then it slowly became a hassle. Sunday mornings I can relax and spend my Sundays either home or at a bar and it is much more enjoyable. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Surprised they haven’t reached out 

poor move by the Jets 

I just got an email confirming they stopped auto pay.  They didn't even call me / email me and try to talk me into keeping the tickets or bargain with me.  Shocking.... I'm free!!!

4 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

My guess is that accomplished as much as ranting and whining on JN does.  

The jets really don't care if you do not renew especially if they are psl seats. Once you do not renew, the jets can resell those seats with a psl. Now we know they stink and moving those seats will be slow but if they start to turn it around, the Johnson's actually increase their profit. So in a strange way, not renewing is good for business

Wait, things are changing. Don’t give in season ticket holders. Please, continue paying!! And keep going to the games and smile! Saleh has a plan, but we’re all too stupid to understand it as we are dumb fans.

I went to a jets game at MetLife this year (first time since 2016) and ordered TWO MILLER HIGH LIFE CANS and the chick goes “that will be $11.00”  I said “for two?”  She goes “yes, $5.50 a beer” I was shocked!! Wtf is going on there?

Bottom line? I may go to another game there before 2030. But for the time being I will continue to be a road warrior.

7 minutes ago, BP said:

ordered TWO MILLER HIGH LIFE CANS and the chick goes “that will be $11.00”  I said “for two?”  She goes “yes, $5.50 a beer” I was shocked!! Wtf is going on

Thats actually An amazing deal for beer at a live sporting event

Even at a bar they are charging you 4 bucks min

Love some of you old timers but you also gotta realize it’s not 1991 anymore at Giants stadium 

• Upvote 1

On 12/22/2021 at 5:43 PM, Rhg1084 said:

or you can always just call the Jets ticket office and buy the face value seats for a particular game you want. I don’t think they’ve sold out a game all year. 

Depends on your seats. I lost about $600 total between two seats this season.

Being that I had a zero percent chance of getting these seats in the old stadium I’m happy and can’t wait to renew.

Im also not a fair weather fan.