Week 15 Pepsi Zero Sugar Rookie of the Week

49 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I like Echols a lot.  Physical talent is there.  He’s raw, but not as raw as I would have expected this year.  If he plays well these final 3 games it would not surprise me one bit if CB was not a major need this off-season in the eyes of JD.  Depth is needed, but when all if Hall, Echols and Carter have played, the CBS have held up for the most part.

Total shock to me our corners have played as well as they have. Looking forward to 2022 - we've got a lot of young DB experience in the system. Fix the LB'rs and add a monster pass rusher and the defense could turn on a dime. Easier said than done but maybe they can do to the LB corps what they did w/the CBs.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Total shock to me our corners have played so well. Looking forward to 2022 - we've got a lot of young DB experience in the system. Fix the LB'rs and add a monster pass rusher and the defense could turn on a dime.

Given all of the other needs, except for a compelling 5th round draft pick or below I would not invest in CB next year and try to fix other holes.  The freed up Mosley money in 2023 can invest in a corner.  

57 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I would not mock this. Echols has not only played but gets better each game. The irony of course is that the group we all were certain would be our worst is arguably our strongest. We give up a zillion passing yards much of which falls on our LB core so the numbers are maybe a bit deceptive, but still it is a very decent group.

the thing about that play is that a few plays before they tried the same play and it was complete.  echolls adjusted and read the play perfectly.

as for the award, right now it doesn't matter if the jets have any all pros.  what matter is how many make the rookie team and get honorable mention.  those are the guys who will be playing next season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

36 minutes ago, mrcoops said:

Echols is having an impressive rookie season. The guy can cover and he's tough for his size.

A really good pick in the 6th round by JD. Echols could be a long-term starter for the Jets, which is a huge find that late in the draft.

Not quite as good as the one they picked in the 5th round last year though.

• Upvote 2