Week 15 Pepsi Zero Sugar Rookie of the Week

23 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Not quite as good as the one they picked in the 5th round last year though.

That's why I don't think they are taking Stingley.  Not that we're stocked at CB but with Echols, MCII and Bryce, I think we have a solid basis for decent CB play.

A pass rusher would make them much much better.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

That's why I don't think they are taking Stingley.  Not that we're stocked at CB but with Echols, MCII and Bryce, I think we have a solid basis for decent CB play.

A pass rusher would make them much much better.

yea the big time pass rusher really is the king pin. I could even see us trading up for one of the top 2.

Grading Joe Douglas is not politics, it's not binary.  Several good and bad things can be true at the same time.

1. The 2020 draft was bad

2. The 2021 draft was good

3. Next season he gets us out of cap hell (aside from the Mosely contract)

4.  Some FA signings were misses like Jarrad Davis.  Some look good relative to other contracts in the league like Corey Davis. 

5. The OL and CB positions are a work in progress but are vastly improved.

6. The past is bad, the present is bad but with hope, the future is unknown (but might be good)

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, David Harris said:

Grading Joe Douglas is not politics, it's not binary.  Several good and bad things can be true at the same time.

4.  Some FA signings were misses like Jarrad Davis.  Some look good relative to other contracts in the league like Corey Davis. 

6. The past is bad, the present is bad but with hope, the future is unknown (but might be good)

Gonna disagree on Davis. You dont pay a guy $12M+ a year to catch 34 balls. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

So building through the draft is working its just going to take awhile for it to translate into the win column.

Who is that guy again around here whos been preaching this for months?  I forget his name.

Keep racking up the Pepsi awards and loses 

Yea!

15 hours ago, David Harris said:

Both Davis' Suck and I mean they really suck. How many turnovers including turnover on downs is Corey Davis Responsible for ? The guy has single handedly destroyed drives that could have turned the complexion of numerous games most notable the fumble in the Buffalo game when we were down 10-3 with 2:30 seconds left in the half that resulted in Buffalo going up 24 to 3 since they got the ball back in the second half. That fumble stole much needed rest for the defense and the momentum we were building with that drive. We could have gone into half time with a rested defense and a 10-10 or 10-6 score. 

He's as damn body catcher and almost never extends for a ball over the middle. He's play's in fear over the middle and never makes the big catch bailing out his QB like so many #1's in the NFL do. He's a middling number 2 WR who should be somewhere in the 7-9 mil per year range not the 12 he's being paid

• Upvote 1