***OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS/TWO TERRIFIC ROOKIE QBs GOING MANO Y MANO MAÑANA THREAD****

T0mShane

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Yeah I know.  Honestly I think Karlaftis will be a fine consolation but it’s reminiscent of losing out on Bosa. 

it’s just textbook for this team

ooh, could be tied up here

Not the place to discuss this but I think Karlaftis will end up being in the conversation with the other 2 after he tests.  He is a freak.  He will crush the combine.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, hawk said:

No the flat pass to Carter.  Wilson starred him down a bit, and when Carter caught it was almost like he didn't want to go forward for a split second.  

Yeah, that play did seem a bit off. Wish Carter would have tried extend his arms out a bit more there, but even then it would probably wouldn’t have been enough. I’m just happy that drive ended up with the TD and not a FG. 

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

For the previous, I don’t know, 5 years I would agree with you.

This season?  It is more important that they play decent football to end the year…

Its important Zach plays well and he is fine today..  most of the other guys playing will be backups or not even on the team next year.  All they're doing is playing themselves out of an EDGE which is a position they've been looking for since Abraham got traded.

Just now, Irish Jet said:

Of course we win playing it close with Zach throwing for less than 100 yards. 

F*ck this team. We’re never going to have a pass rusher ever again.

Who gives a sh*t how many passing yards.  The important thing is that he looks more comfortable and is finding other ways to gain yardage.  All his  receivers are also out.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pac said:

Its important Zach plays well and he is fine today..  most of the other guys playing will be backups or not even on the team next year.  All they're doing is playing themselves out of an EDGE which is a position they've been looking for since Abraham got traded.

No team is going to blatantly lie down. The Jags are trying to win too

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, David Harris said:

?‍♂️ 

winning a useless game with the random kickoff return TD and an OT with more TD’s than Mims.

This is the Jets to perfection.  Out there having fun winning meaningless games with random sh*t that doesn’t build anything while Thibs and Hutch slip through their fingers.

This ia our Superbowl!! Our Tin Cup! Enjoy the ride!

9 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Without putting too fine a point on it, who is the player or players in the top 5 who would justify tanking? Not really hearing any of the top college players are that head and shoulders above any other. Could use a corner, a wideout,a nd edge, OL help. Among and between various, who is that much better at tje 1 or 2 slot rather than the 3 or 4? 

I won't pretend I know college players but my understanding is there are 2 edges that will likely be gone in top 3 who are head and shoulders above the rest.

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Not the place to discuss this but I think Karlaftis will end up being in the conversation with the other 2 after he tests.  He is a freak.  He will crush the combine.

And now the Jets won't be able to get him either. 

19 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Zach Wilson has 89 yards rushing and 53 yds passing. Take that haters. 

Taking what he has been given this game.  He has NO receivers.

You also see him going through his progressions more consistently since he came back from injury.

He’s learning and playing much better than he did prior to sitting out, it doesn’t overwhelm you when noticing it, but it definitely is noticeable.

Put some real NFL talent around this kid.  His story has yet to be written, he has a big arm and today he’s showing you wheels.  Also intellectually he is Einstein compared to Darnold so I don’t expect regression next year.

• Upvote 1