***OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS/TWO TERRIFIC ROOKIE QBs GOING MANO Y MANO MAÑANA THREAD****

T0mShane

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

No win is terrible.  Last year when the Jets won at the end of the season and lost out on Lawrence. Seems to have worked out.

Like the year we beat the Dolphins (in the announcer-less game) to cost us Lawrence Taylor.  That win was definitely not terrible!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Nothing he’s just trying to figure out a way to fit it into his “ZW is a bust” agenda 

This will be a tough week for those guys.  
Trying to igure out how they’re going to attack him this week. 

Under the circumstances with the WR’s and OL he had he played a smart, good, patient football game.   One mistake early, otherwise not sure there’s much to complain about.   

• Upvote 2

Just now, neckdemon said:

I mean it's not like any of us are happy the team sucks yet again. For me it's been 36 years of yearly heartbreak. Who needs this wanker telling us to find another team because we are hoping to get a better puck to get a piece we need? Screw him 

Once you are eliminated from playoff contention, winning games is counterproductive. 

Having said that, all that matters win or lose is Zach continues to progress.

Had we lost right there in the final seconds it would not have dismissed Zach’s game and we’d have a better pick. 

I’m fine with the win. Would have been fine had we lost too. 

• Sympathy 1

Just now, FidelioJet said:

Under the circumstances with the WR’s and OL he had he played a smart, good, patient football game.   One mistake early, otherwise not sure there’s much to complain about.   

Yeah notice how they all disappeared after the 50 yard TD run and only appeared against when Jacksonville was near the goal one at the end 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

Jets can't win when you want them to and when it's blatantly obvious the season is blown to smithereens we decided to win. Happy for the guys playing on the Jets, but a decent amount of guys on this team aren't even worthy of being here or on any team for that matter.  For the Jets future, this win was a sub-optimal outcome that no one will reference or care about, but reverberate for years to come.

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He could have has Lawrence walk over the goal line but let’s go shotgun with three separate motions with backups

Schitty always reminds you of the idiot who learns a big word and uses it non stop to try to impress that he is smart, never realizing that he played it out long ago, or the idiot who Always takes the opposite side of Every argument, even when No Facts are on his side to try to play it off as though he’s a real deep thinker.

F’in Nepotism.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Jets can't win when you want them to and when it's blatantly obvious the season is blown to smithereens we decided to win. Happy for the guys playing on the Jets, but a decent amount of guys on this team aren't even worthy of being here or on any team for that matter.  For the Jets future, this win was a sub-optimal outcome that no one will reference or care about, but reverberate for years to come.

I never root for a loss.  For God sakes they will most likely have 2 top 10 picks. They will have 4 picks in the top 40.  They were missing like 19 players many of them key players.  I’d rather rookies  like Zach and Carter show progress then just losing.  Also teams aren’t blatantly going to lose 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Neither were good, but Jacksonville puts it on Lawrence to win games and the Jets do everything they can to hide Wilson.

Like like our team to throw Wilson to the wolves a bit more, but it's true that both are being played differently. Though I'd say Wilson had the better game, both have overall been neck and neck in not good play.

6 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

That you guys are counting today as a positive for Zach Wilson kind of tells you all you need to know about Zach Wilson.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

In 2018 this entire forum, myself included, discredited rushing yards and TDs by a QB.

Not making that mistake again.  Zach played perfectly fine today, especially given the cards he was dealt with COVID.

Big arm and Fast Wheels coupled with an Intelligent Mind, supposedly tireless student.  There is a reason he was drafted that high.  Don’t close the book on him.

I just saw Mac Jones throw his version of a “Hail Mary”, it looked like Pennington, post surgery, left handed.

Zac Wilson has miles more upside than Jones.  Get some NFL talent around him, the game is already slowed down for him...somewhat.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

In 2018 this entire forum, myself included, discredited rushing yards and TDs by a QB.

Not making that mistake again.  Zach played perfectly fine today, especially given the cards he was dealt with COVID.

Yup.

Production is production.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Neither were good, but Jacksonville puts it on Lawrence to win games and the Jets do everything they can to hide Wilson.

Jets are hiding Wilson? Okay but you and others have been applauding Mac and the pats approach all season (the same approach the Jets used with Wilson today) 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Is the Wilson defense squad beating their chest over a 100 yard passing game against the worst team in the league? 

?

As Jet fans I thought we were all suppose to support our young  QB no?  Secondly he was missing practically al his receivers and line and still looked more comfortable so yeah we are generally going to be a little happy about that 

• Upvote 1

Wilson has not looked great but he is at least doing two good things.  He is not turning it over and he is running when he gets the chance.  Like it or not this is growth.  Whether he develops anymore time will tell but these are godo baby steps.  He is not throwing games away.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1