***OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS/TWO TERRIFIC ROOKIE QBs GOING MANO Y MANO MAÑANA THREAD****

T0mShane

Just now, FidelioJet said:

How you can watch that game and not come away impressed with how much further alone Wilson is right now than even just four weeks ago.  
How much more calm he looks, relaxed, going through his reads   Hitting receives in stride  

The Jets are severely limited in personnel and ZW is playing, smart, patient football - taking what’s there and not forcing anything.   

He’s surely not playing explosive football - but you can see him learning how to be a pro right before our eyes.  It’s fun to see.  

He literally disappeared after the 59 yard TD run 

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

How you can watch that game and not come away impressed with how much further alone Wilson is right now than even just four weeks ago.  
How much more calm he looks, relaxed, going through his reads   Hitting receives in stride  

The Jets are severely limited in personnel and ZW is playing, smart, patient football - taking what’s there and not forcing anything.   

He’s surely not playing explosive football - but you can see him learning how to be a pro right before our eyes.  It’s fun to see.  

That clown does a disappearing act whenever it suits him, then shows up to whine.

Just now, T0mShane said:

If I had Trevor Lawrence as my QB, I’d ask him to win me games. If I had Zach Wilson as my QB, I’d ask Tevin Coleman to win me games.

It's not a very profound point being made when the result ends with a loss. Maybe they could have won more games if did/could rely more on their running game. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Looked a lot better than Wilson today

Nah.  Spiking the ball on 3rd and 1 with 12 seconds left was not a smart decision.  EVERYONE has looked lights out against this Jet D and he still lost.  I give the edge to Wilson on this one.

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I get you are upset but Zach played well today. He was without his top 3 WRs and the RBs lifted this offense.

I am beaming with pride over this victory.  It was a real turning point for Zach today.  He now knows he can beat teams with his legs instead of his arm.

Zach "Crazy Legs" Wilson

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

FACTS ARE OFTEN CYNICAL AND SAD FIDELIOJET

I can honestly say I don’t think you believe this.  I think you’re smarter than this.  But people here do and think it’s real. 

the Jets ran for over 200 yards today. Should they not run the ball when it’s working?

The Jets top 4 WR are out and we’re playing with practice squad and under six footers.   People aren’t open. 
It’s a game plan that made sense and had nothing to do with trying to hide your QB.  

They threw the ball on 4th down multiple times (clearly showing faith in their QB)

Under the circumstances Zach was very good today.  

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This post sums it up well.

No one, including  the pro-Zach committee haven't said that he's been good this year despite the strawmen that get tossed around. However its undeniable that he has shown improvement, especially in his decision making and overall use of his athleticism. 

Rookie year is about improvement above all. He has done that. Though he may still be a bad QB, as long as he improves and flashes there is still promise for the future. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Overall I thought despite that one turnover Lawrence outplayed Zach today and based on what I’ve seen in other games has been the better of the two rookie QBs. Which isn’t to say that Zach is not a good prospect. Lawrence almost won that game for them. And btw Zach hasn’t had a pick in 3 straight games but let’s be honest. He was lucky today and could have had 3 picks. 

23 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

This will be a tough week for those guys.  
Trying to igure out how they’re going to attack him this week. 

Under the circumstances with the WR’s and OL he had he played a smart, good, patient football game.   One mistake early, otherwise not sure there’s much to complain about.   

The AZM will be relatively quiet this week, but inwardly seething. 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Once you are eliminated from playoff contention, winning games is counterproductive. 

Having said that, all that matters win or lose is Zach continues to progress.

Had we lost right there in the final seconds it would not have dismissed Zach’s game and we’d have a better pick. 

I’m fine with the win. Would have been fine had we lost too. 

Says the dude who bathrs in urine

• Haha 2

Just now, Rangers9 said:

Overall I thought despite that one turnover Lawrence outplayed Zach today and based on what I’ve seen in other games has been the better of the two rookie QBs. Which isn’t to say that Zach is not a good prospect. Lawrence almost win that game for them. 

TL did look better from the pocket but he had 0 pressure to account for, but the running backwards, late throws or under throws really didn’t look generational to me. He’s a rookie could change but really didn’t see a anything special with TL 

• Post of the Week 1