***OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS/TWO TERRIFIC ROOKIE QBs GOING MANO Y MANO MAÑANA THREAD****

T0mShane

32 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

14-22 for 102 yards 1 TD 0 INTs.  Major improvement!!!!

image.png.8b5ed62717333b9861bb5e9961e2d14f.png

I don’t understand your point.  You take what their D gives you.  They let you run, you run until they take that away.  They never did.  Look at it this way.  Zack forced nothing, avoided mistakes and took what was given.  That’s called game management and it’s job 1 for any QB.

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How you can watch that game and not come away impressed with how much further alone Wilson is right now than even just four weeks ago.  
How much more calm he looks, relaxed, going through his reads   Hitting receives in stride  

The Jets are severely limited in personnel and ZW is playing, smart, patient football - taking what’s there and not forcing anything.   

He’s surely not playing explosive football - but you can see him learning how to be a pro right before our eyes.  It’s fun to see.  

Some will never want to see it. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, yvj said:

My two cents on the QBs today in the context of throwing the ball TL looked better than Zach. In terms of doing the most/best with what you had available, Zach in my eyes did better. 

Well TL had literally a minute to throw it so of course he has an easier time whereas Zach had zero time BUT was able to use his legs to extend plays.  Also doesn’t help when you’re too 3 receivers are not there 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Yes. How could we possibly criticize a 100 yard passing game against the worst team in the league in which he was almost intercepted 3 times.

We are seething at that all pro performance. Truly an elite game. 

Which wide receiver would have liked him to throw more to?  I need names.  Because they all suck. Berrios was the best weapon on either team today.

That’s all you need to know about the Jets passing ceiling today.

• Upvote 4

45 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

We never learn, people want to use the Steelers, Packers as examples, but we neither have their scouting department or their front office!  Just make it easier, take the can't miss prospect! What would the jets be with Trevor, Slater, and Bosa vs, Zach, Becton, and Q will?! A much better team! Let alone having the chance to draft someone like Higgins.... I mean we all know this!  Team can never get out of its on way! I hate the Jets suck as much as all of you , but damn man.... I'm gonna lose my mind watching Thibs, George K., Hutchison, and Neal gone before us with Hamilton staring Saleh in the face SMFH.

Jets drafting issues aren't they don't pick in the top several picks every year, it's that they conistently pick the wrong guys. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Jets drafting issues aren't they don't pick in the top several picks every year, it's that they conistently pick the wrong guys. 

Yes. People like to point to the guys taken over us in the 1st round because of meaningless wins.  
But what about the all-pro’s taken after us in the first round? There’s plenty of talent - just gotta pock the right players.  

21 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

How you can watch that game and not come away impressed with how much further alone Wilson is right now than even just four weeks ago.  
How much more calm he looks, relaxed, going through his reads   Hitting receives in stride  

The Jets are severely limited in personnel and ZW is playing, smart, patient football - taking what’s there and not forcing anything.   

He’s surely not playing explosive football - but you can see him learning how to be a pro right before our eyes.  It’s fun to see.  

Really? He ran for his only TD, had a whole 102 yards passing, and could have easily had 2 passes intercepted one of which he banged off a defensive guys helmet which was a horrible throw. All of this against a horrible Jags team that's just a little better at losing than the Jets. I saw nothing that made me think he has made any significant progress. Lets see how he looks against real teams the next 2 weeks. 

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly. It’s really strange.  I’ve been on this board a long time and   never really seen anything quite like this.  

Agreed.  I understand frustration but there are certain people who seem they are rooting for the kid to be a bust.  Others just are miserable no matter what 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Which wide receiver would have liked him to throw more to?  I need names.  Because they all suck. Berrios was the best weapon on either team today.

That’s all you need to know about the Jets passing ceiling today.

Closely followed by Conor McDermott

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Honestly. It’s really strange.  I’ve been on this board a long time and   never really seen anything quite like this.  

I’ve said this before, but it’s overcompensation for Darnold busting here so recently. People are afraid to give Wilson a chance because they just bought into Darnold and it really hurt when he didn’t materialize. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Jets can't win when you want them to and when it's blatantly obvious the season is blown to smithereens we decided to win. Happy for the guys playing on the Jets, but a decent amount of guys on this team aren't even worthy of being here or on any team for that matter.  For the Jets future, this win was a sub-optimal outcome that no one will reference or care about, but reverberate for years to come.

I think this is called “over-analysis”.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

He was largely unproductive against a terrible team and threw 3 passes that should have been picked, 2 of which were 100% on him.  He had no weapons, and a ravaged team, but he wasn't facing anyone, either.  This game wasn't a condemnation of Zach, but if it's an improvement, it's only because the bar was buried underground.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Really? He ran for his only TD, had a whole 102 yards passing, and could have easily had 2 passes intercepted one of which he banged off a defensive guys helmet which was a horrible throw. All of this against a horrible Jags team that's just a little better at losing than the Jets. I saw nothing that made me think he has made any significant progress. Lets see how he looks against real teams the next 2 weeks. 

Can't even give him credit for the TD he threw? 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

The fact that you can seemingly completely ignore a passing TD is kind of exactly the point of all this.  You see what you want to see and claim it as fact.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

I laugh at the crying by posters like you.

You were a virulent a$$hole to anyone who dared question Sam Darnold until you gave up on him.

Laugh all you want.  When the dumbest person in the room is laughing at you, it's really a non-factor.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

A lot of coulda, woulda, shoulda there.  So a QB has to have passing, not rushing TDs to not be a bust?  I thought the idea is to just win games?  You take what the D gives you unless and until they take it away.  They never did.

35 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I wouldn’t go as far as “impressed”.

Encouraged maybe? That he didn’t completely f it up against a bad team. 

• Upvote 1