***OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS/TWO TERRIFIC ROOKIE QBs GOING MANO Y MANO MAÑANA THREAD****

T0mShane

1 minute ago, rtnelson said:

The fact that you can seemingly completely ignore a passing TD is kind of exactly the point of all this.  You see what you want to see and claim it as fact.

I just responded to another poster about that. Geez. It could be said it is the ZW supporters who see what they want to see. He just has not been good. 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

This post sums it up well.

No one, including  the pro-Zach committee haven't said that he's been good this year despite the strawmen that get tossed around. However its undeniable that he has shown improvement, especially in his decision making and overall use of his athleticism. 

Rookie year is about improvement above all. He has done that. Though he may still be a bad QB, as long as he improves and flashes there is still promise for the future. 

Fair, but the problem is that arguments around here seem to often be to opposite extremes.

This game was certainly better than many of his others this season, and while he was impressive on his runs, the passing game was little more than mediocre.  On one hand you can say he was smarter with his decisions today, but then from the other direction could point to 3 dropped picks.  I will admit I am opposed to counting stats that don't exist, especially when looking on a larger scale, but it's convenient that there's wild inconsistency from both arguments doing that, only when it fits their narrative.  Those who quickly disregard dropped INTs, were repeatedly crediting past potentially positive plays that never happened (and vice versa).  Either way, it's simply cherry-picking for confirmation bias.

Bottom line is that Wilson was really bad to start the season, but he has started to progress a bit.  He is however still well short of being at the level needed at the position to constantly compete in today's NFL.  So we all have to hope it's only the first small step of many more to come in the future.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Green hat said:

Lawrence had 0 tds and 2 fumbles despite having no pressure. Zach had a ton of pressure, no receivers and ended up with 2 tds and no turnovers. But passing yards is the only stat that counts today. 

Don’t forget that Wilson is doing all this on a prosthetic leg he lost in Nam.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ausman said:

A lot of coulda, woulda, shoulda there.  So a QB has to have passing, not rushing TDs to not be a bust?  I thought the idea is to just win games?  You take what the D gives you unless and until they take it away.  They never did.

Yeah ok. He still wasn't that good. He threw a td and ran for 1. He also almost had 2 passes intercepted because of horrible throws. He did barely enough to win against a very bad team. I'm not overly excited about it tbh. 

10 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Really? He ran for his only TD, had a whole 102 yards passing, and could have easily had 2 passes intercepted one of which he banged off a defensive guys helmet which was a horrible throw. All of this against a horrible Jags team that's just a little better at losing than the Jets. I saw nothing that made me think he has made any significant progress. Lets see how he looks against real teams the next 2 weeks. 

Ran for a TD and threw for a TD. 

I love the almost int lines.  It’s the NFL.  What about the 80 yards and TD in drops. 
if you watched this today and don’t think he’s made real and tangible progress since he’s been back from his injury. I really don’t think we’ll ever see eye to eye here. 

Honestly while I don’t agree with you - where just so far apart on what we’re seeing it’s kinda pointless to engage in this.  

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Both of those players are far more dangerous with their legs, and also had better rookie years passing the ball than Wilson.

Respectfully, cuz u know I love ya, Josh Allen most certainly did not.  They’re actually eerily similar.

84BE1A80-C406-4075-A8E7-C89597C41D28.jpeg.2e79cc762464f9ee77e966b224234679.jpeg

• Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Remember when we used this to justify having Sam Darnold over Josh Allen and Lamar Jackson?

Great times.

Good point (as always).  We did lose Lawrence Taylor once upon a time due to a meaningless win and that probably cost us at least 1 Superbowl (Sack Exchange plus LT in an era where you were allowed to play defense).  But you're right that the draft is a very inexact science and sometimes great players fall (e.g. Brady, Mahomes, Lamar, Josh Allen, Aaron Donald).

I'm too far on the dark side with this franchise right now though.  I'm bummed about this win.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

You were a virulent a$$hole to anyone who dared question Sam Darnold until you gave up on him.

Laugh all you want.  When the dumbest person in the room is laughing at you, it's really a non-factor.

LMAO. You have me with confused someone else. I had hope for Sam but I was no blind supporter you dope. I think your brain is water logged. No surprise, I think those dolphins are smarter than you are. lol

Really don't get the Zach hate.  He did his best Jalen Hurts impression out there and after what he's put up earlier, I will certainly take that.  What is unacceptable is the Jets barely beating what many people feel is the worst team in football with 20 players injured/COVID with major draft implications on the line.  The jets haven't had a dominant pass rusher in god knows how long and with two "can't miss" prospects staring them in their face, they just pull out another meaningless December win.  Wonder if CLE sitting back kicking themselves for not wining those games in 16' when they handed in the card for Myles Garrett. Again happy for Zach and the guys, absolutely hate it for the future of the jets.  Having the first or second pick THROUGHOUT the draft is better for the NY Jets!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Good point (as always).  We did lose Lawrence Taylor once upon a time due to a meaningless win and that probably cost us at least 1 Superbowl (Sack Exchange plus LT in an era where you were allowed to play defense).  But you're right that the draft is a very inexact science and sometimes great players fall (e.g. Brady, Mahomes, Lamar, Josh Allen, Aaron Donald).

I'm too far on the dark side with this franchise right now though.  I'm bummed about this win.

I can understand that feeling for sure.  The Kayvon or Hutchinson dream died today.  That doesn’t feel good.

Zach playing well in a win though?  I will take that.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Ran for a TD and threw for a TD. 

I love the almost int lines.  It’s the NFL.  What about the 80 yards and TD in drops. 
if you watched this today and don’t think he’s made real and tangible progress since he’s been back from his injury. I really don’t think we’ll ever see eye to eye here. 

Honestly while I don’t agree with you - where just so far apart on what we’re seeing it’s kinda pointless to engage in this.  

I agree we are very far apart. We will see how he has progressed when he plays real teams the next 2 weeks. My guess is not much. 

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Don’t forget that Wilson is doing all this on a prosthetic leg he lost in Nam.

I mean come on man. Half the starters and the head coach weren’t on the field today. He literally had practice squad rejects blocking for him and the team was so depleted that he was throwing touchdowns to benched offensive linemen. I’m all for hyperbolic trolling but good lord some of that sh*t has to count for something. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I can understand that feeling for sure.  The Kayvon or Hutchinson dream died today.  That doesn’t feel good.

Zach playing well in a win though?  I will take that.

We have no idea how the draft will turn out, even at this stage.  We very well could wind up with one of those two, and one or both of them could completely bust.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Zach playing well though?  I will take that.

He certainly played better today.  I was encouraged that he looked more confident out there and wasn't bouncing passes.  But I said going into the game that we can't look too much into this game due to the circumstances.  Let's see how he plays against Tampa and Buffalo. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I agree we are very far apart. We will see how he has progressed when he plays real teams the next 2 weeks. My guess is not much. 

The team sucks and will most likely disintegrate around him.  You could put Tom Brady in the lineup the next two weeks and he'll look like a rookie or a washed up has been.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Respectfully, cuz u know I love ya, Josh Allen most certainly did not.  They’re actually eerily similar.

Advanced metrics had him ahead, last I saw them.

And I’m not holding out hope for one of the most impressive leaps we’ve ever seen.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

This is exactly what I want to see.  I hope he really does progress and I'll gladly eat crow if so.  I'm not going to get too excited about this game though.  We beat one of the few teams that we're probably actually better than.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Really don't get the Zach hate.  He did his best Jalen Hurts impression out there and after what he's put up earlier, I will certainly take that.  What is unacceptable is the Jets barely beating what many people feel is the worst team in football with 20 players injured/COVID with major draft implications on the line.  The jets haven't had a dominant pass rusher in god knows how long and with two "can't miss" prospects staring them in their face, they just pull out another meaningless December win.  Wonder if CLE sitting back kicking themselves for not wining those games in 16' when they handed in the card for Myles Garrett. Again happy for Zach and the guys, absolutely hate it for the future of the jets.  Having the first or second pick THROUGHOUT the draft is better for the NY Jets!

EDGE might be the hardest position to predict in the NFL. Neither of them are can't miss prospects in fact history would suggest they are unlikely to be the Top 2 from the draft.  We will have 4 picks in the Top 40. Edge is not even close to our biggest need

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rtnelson said:

We have no idea how the draft will turn out, even at this stage.  We very well could wind up with one of those two, and one or both of them could completely bust.

To be fair, you're absolutely right about this.  But I do think that #1 or #2 OA still affords you more opportunities.  I would've been thrilled with multiple trade downs.

He had no receivers (again) . Davis, Moore, Crowder out. Griffen out. Porous OL. How was he expected to have good passing stats today? He looked more confident and made enough plays by either throwing or running.

His biggest issue was the pressure/inexperience affecting his accuracy. Most think he is athletically gifted but held back due to the mental side. He looks like he has not crumbled mentally despite all of the adversity and is making improvements each week. 

I was worried about him after the Saints game tbh, but feel much better now. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Ken Schroy said:

LMAO. You have me with confused someone else. I had hope for Sam but I was no blind supporter you dope. I think your brain is water logged. No surprise, I think those dolphins are smarter than you are. lol

Tell you what… $500 charity bet if I dig up the posts?

Make it $1,000 when I find your Ardarius Stewart posts from when, at that the time you were being a piece of sh*t about Darnold, I reminded you that you told me he was a good player.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ZachEY said:

Tell you what… $500 charity bet if I dig up the posts?

Make it $1,000 when I find your Ardarius Stewart posts from when, at that the time you were being a piece of sh*t about Darnold, I reminded you that you told me he was a good player.

Go ahead and find them. If they happened at all it was early on. You can also post where you posted Sam as a bust after 10 games. As for the bet; I wouldn't trust you for sh*t. SO I guess you are being a piece of sh*t about Zach?