***OFFICIAL JETS VS JAGUARS/TWO TERRIFIC ROOKIE QBs GOING MANO Y MANO MAÑANA THREAD****

T0mShane

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

A team with zero Pro Bowlers when they were healthy lost half the roster and the head coach. Acknowledging that happened is now lowering the bar. Got it.

Big picture, yes, the bar has only gotten lower and lower for Wilson with each passing week, and today was no different.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So even when you factor in his rushing yards he still didn’t clear 200 total yards against the friggin Jaguars.

Sweet.

No one is saying Wilson was great today, no one is saying the Jets were great today...

But, under the circumstances, they played well - and won.  Wilson continues to improve and nice to see Carter break 100 yards.

Why is that so hard for people to understand? 

You don't have to be happy about it - that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with taking the positives out of a game like today.  There was plenty of positive there today.

• Upvote 4

28 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yes we did, which QB would you hope we would have right now/for next year?

I get wanting to trade down in hindsight but we'd be left without a QB unless you want one of Watson, Wilson, or Rodgers next year.

A bridge QB like Trubisky or Minshew.  Would have loved to have ended up with Pitts or one of the young WRs.

• Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Winning meaningless games in December has never once helped the Jets franchise in the last 2 decades.  Until it does I’ll complain about this. 

Gotta love these friggin Jets til I die cheer leaders.   We are a BAD team… showed some signs today against the absolute worst team in the league and they act like we should believe we are on the first game of a 5 game winning streak.    When was the last time we won 2 in a row?????   

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Come on now talk about wanting it both ways, how would we have traded down?  By keeping Darnold.

The same people that hate Wilson hated Darnold and simply have replaced Darnold with wilson.

I would have still wanted us to trade Darnold.  It didn’t have to be an either/or situation.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Shelbyblue said:

To those complaining about possibly missing out on some supposedly top player. The Jets have had high draft picks since forever, are we still any closer. They got Adams, Then Darnold, Then Quinnen, Then Zach, and the list can go on. They get the top picks just not the right ones. Great players can come from the undrafted if your GM is good and they fit your schemes.

We missed out on Bosa the year we took QW because of a meaningless late season win.

Terrible example.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Gotta love these friggin Jets til I die cheer leaders.   We are a BAD team… showed some signs today against the absolute worst team in the league and they act like we should believe we are on the first game of a 5 game wing streak.    When was the lat time we won 2 in a row?????   

One gets the feeling that if Zach starts bouncing screen passes again next week they'll be like "I don't understand what happened.  He looked so comfortable last week against the Jaguars".

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He had multiple missed throws to open receivers and multiple dropped picks by Jacksonville.

No, I wasn’t expecting 300+ today.  But what I do expect is for Wilson to be among the top 3 players on the field a few times this seasons. He’s only done that once all year, against Tennessee.

Today didn’t move the needle.  

He has only played around 10 games in starting his career.  If you can’t see that he is making progress in correcting his mistakes since coming back from injury then I guess you’ll refuse to see anything good that he does.  Very tough to “move the needle” with the garbage “talent” that surrounded him today, yet he did enough the get a Win.  His 50+ yard TD run now puts the league on notice that D’s can’t just sell out and double his receivers because they might have to worry about what he can do with the ball himself and that will open up lots of routes when he gets at least some NFL quality targets back.  

Again, I don’t stand out and say Wilson won’t bust, so many do, but the kid has a ton of potential Star attributes, that if coached up and if he gets quality talent around him might just have him realize those attributes at the highest level.

Trevor Lawrence is a so called “generational talent”, he has played the entire season, 4 more games than Wilson, has he had a SINGLE “Tennessee” game this year?

If he hasn’t, is it time to give up on Lawrence?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

56 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Don't want to count our chickens before they're hatched but we may have another Pepsi zero sugar rookie of the week award to add to the trophy case.

Just found out that it’s no longer Diet Pepsi because gen z doesn’t like the word diet. lmao

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

He has looked more comfortable in the pocket, going through his progressions and now he is hitting almost All the layups, as he should.  That problem came out of nowhere and looks well on its way to being corrected.  There were more drops today from his Canadian receivers with the ball placed accurately, his American ones hadn’t been much better, neither get separation.  Get him some more real NFL talent on the outside, Moore comes back and Michael Carter looks like a real NFL back, two excellent picks by Joe Douglas, the layups will branch out to explosive plays, I’m getting confident you’ll see that.

Pre injury, you could see it in his eyes, he was swimming mentally, it all was too much (forgivable for a Rookie)....Now?  Not so much.  And you’re seeing that on a weekly basis.

This will seem hyperbolic but I think the flip to McGovern was a bit of a turning point for Zach. He has been throwing balls with no touch but he was calm and threw the ball with great touch which is one of the main reasons he was picked second.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jaguars don’t seem to mind losing a game in a lost season if it means more development for their QB.

The Jets hid Wilson and ran trick plays en route to yet another meaningless December win for this franchise.

Jacksonville’s approach was the better one, and we’re in no position to be making fun of that franchise. 

You are right. Nothing helps a QB's development like losing games and being at the helm of possibly being the worst team in the league. It is funny when people reach beyond valid points/criticisms to absurdity just so they feel right. 

On a side note: This idea of upholding some mythical sports fans' principles and patrolling for team hypocrisy is asinine.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, yvj said:

You are right. Nothing helps a QB's development like losing games and being at the helm of possibly being the worst team in the league. It is funny when people reach beyond valid points/criticisms to absurdity just so they feel right. 

On a side note: This idea of upholding some mythical sports fans' principles and patrolling for team hypocrisy is asinine.

Call me crazy, but letting your young QB throw is more beneficial than hiding your QB and running a bunch of trick plays.  Win or lose behind your QB, not Tevin Coleman and Connor McDermott.

Remember when we beat the Texans while running a ton?  How did that one help Wilson?  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Yes I read an article the other day that "diet" even for staples like Diet Coke are negatively impacting sales. But "no sugar" sells better

Heaven forbid that the fat asses of the future have their feelings hurt. 

25 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

He has only played around 10 games in starting his career.  If you can’t see that he is making progress in correcting his mistakes since coming back from injury then I guess you’ll refuse to see anything good that he does.  Very tough to “move the needle” with the garbage “talent” that surrounded him today, yet he did enough the get a Win.  His 50+ yard TD run now puts the league on notice that D’s can’t just sell out and double his receivers because they might have to worry about what he can do with the ball himself and that will open up lots of routes when he gets at least some NFL quality targets back.  

Again, I don’t stand out and say Wilson won’t bust, so many do, but the kid has a ton of potential Star attributes, that if coached up and if he gets quality talent around him might just have him realize those attributes at the highest level.

Trevor Lawrence is a so called “generational talent”, he has played the entire season, 4 more games than Wilson, has he had a SINGLE “Tennessee” game this year?

If he hasn’t, is it time to give up on Lawrence?

I never said I believe in Trevor Lawrence.  I think he’s probably a bust too.  But Jacksonville sure runs their offense like they believe in him.  And that’s pretty important. 

38 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

No one is saying Wilson was great today, no one is saying the Jets were great today...

But, under the circumstances, they played well - and won.  Wilson continues to improve and nice to see Carter break 100 yards.

Why is that so hard for people to understand? 

You don't have to be happy about it - that's fine, but there's nothing wrong with taking the positives out of a game like today.  There was plenty of positive there today.

Why would you argue with the co-chair of the AZM while he’s just dropping turd bombs for no other reason that he has nothing concrete to dump on today. 

“Multiple” missed passes and 3 near INTs lol. He missed 2 throws and had one legit INT drop. 

Never mind multiple dropped passes by Jets receivers. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It would if he hadn’t also sucked all year with a reasonable supporting cast.

Today was the norm for Wilson, not a blip.  Fans trying to justify a day where their # 2 overall pick barely made it to triple digit yards and less than 5.0 YPA against the stupid Jaguars need to raise the f**king bar for once, not continue to lower it.

Guess which QB (or team) threw for the least amount of yards against Jacksonville all season?  Nearly 100 yards below their average yards allowed.  And with their best pass rusher sidelined.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Call me crazy, but letting your young QB throw is more beneficial than hiding your QB and running a bunch of trick plays.  Win or lose behind your QB, not Tevin Coleman and Connor McDermott.

Remember when we beat the Texans while running a ton?  How did that one help Wilson?  

Maybe they’re not hiding the qb, but rather, trying to overcompensate for having no weapons.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1