Other NFL games today.....12/26

Beerfish

I think a rule change that needs to happen is eliminating defensive pass interference when the ball is five yards underthrown. These terrible passes are being rewarded because of course the receiver is going to run back into the defender. So you wind up with a 40 yard penalty because of a garbage pass. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I think a rule change that needs to happen is eliminating defensive pass interference when the ball is five yards underthrown. These terrible passes are being rewarded because of course the receiver is going to run back into the defender. So you wind up with a 40 yard penalty because of a garbage pass. 

Well i have been calling for the college rules for some time.  15 yarder and a 1st down max.  Far far better.  And it really does not have the DBs mauling the WR all game either.  It works so well in college.

52 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

What a horrible devastating loss by the chargers.   Houston with very little talent has played hard all year.  Their coach  Culley who people laughed at for the hire has done a terrific job.

Not only that but Mills gets better and better each week. He looked like the best of the rookie QBs today. They don't need to go into the draft targeting QB.

Speaking of which Mac Jones looked horrid today. Just no dynamic level to his play at all and his arm looked especially weak today. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I have never liked the face guarding rule. And the "if he had his head turned around that's not pass interference" stuff is BS. Also PI needs to be 15 yard penalty. It has way too much impact on a game, especially since so many of the PI calls would not have been catches even without the PI

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Also the uncatchable pass appears to no longer be discussed. Lots of overthrown deep passes in the end zone that have no chance of being completed are giving teams 1st and goal on the 1.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1