Other NFL games today.....12/26

Beerfish

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Its really unreal. They thought they were trading two sub-25 picks and a low third for Adams but in the end it will be

Adams, a 3rd and a fourth for AVT and a Top 10 pick in the draft AND $18 million in gained salary value.  A good non JAG FA can be had for $9 million so add two solid depth pieces as well. That is just crazy.

People will blame his finger for his play but Wilson was in rapid decline before that

Agreed.  Last year was frustrating because they won at least 4 games they probably should have lost.  Not complaining because we got AVT.  This year their luck finally ran out and their loss became our gain 

Oh and Matt Rhule said that they are 1000% on right path, and actually congratulated the defense for not giving up because of their offense and giving up two additional touchdowns but instead "stopped Brady"

Interesting note: Teams can interview for HC positions starting this Monday.

6 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Oh and Matt Rhule said that they are 1000% on right path, and actually congratulated the defense for not giving up because of their offense and giving up two additional touchdowns but instead "stopped Brady"

Interesting note: Teams can interview for HC positions starting this Monday.

Joe judge says hello.

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

He was not the same guy before the injury

First 5 games this season (pre-injury).  72% completions, 10 TDs, 1 pick. 125.3 passer rating. 24 points per game.

6 games since returning from injury (not including today's game). 61% completions, 6 TDs, 4 picks.  82 passer rating. 17 points per game.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

"Ha ha !  Adam Gase is twice the coach mike mccarthy is!  Boy did we dodge a bullet!"

Gase apologists...2020

Don't remind me. I was told that McCarthy was a Dinosaur, all of his players hated him (no, just A-Aron), he was a failure and would be fired after 1 year, and he was too stubborn. Or something.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Lith said:

First 5 games this season (pre-injury).  72% completions, 10 TDs, 1 pick. 125.3 passer rating. 24 points per game.

6 games since returning from injury (not including today's game). 61% completions, 6 TDs, 4 picks.  82 passer rating. 17 points per game.

Interesting. I guess my perception does not align with the reality. Still, he just does not seem like the same guy even earlier in the season.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

This is what it looks like when a defense quits.

WFT packed it in after losing to Philly last week. I feel bad for Rivera.

Their D was so good last year I picked them as my FF defense this year and finally dropped them after about the first 7 awful games.

7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Their D was so good last year I picked them as my FF defense this year and finally dropped them after about the first 7 awful games.

it sounds like you watched them a lot closer than I did. I thought the defense just had too much pressure on them all year, and just wore down eventually, but who knows?
The entire year seemed to have cloud over it once Fitz got hurt.Heinecke  was better than expected, but they really need a QB and another weapon to go with McLaurin.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PLO said:

Trading out of that second round pick to pick up Mims later is hurting now watching Trevon Diggs be a boss. Diggs was picked up a few picks later. 

Always woulda, coulda, shoulda with the draft. 

While that pick would make a ton of sense today, that would have made the entire fan base lose their mind considering we were trying to give Sam the support he never had.

30 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Redskin fans would trade places with Jet fans in a heartbeat.  Our future is 1,000 times brighter then theirs.  

I mean, how do the skins fix this?

Jet's fans are obsessed with other teams failures and comparing them to ours....the only organization that has less talent then us is Houston and at least they are playing hard and being coached well.

5 hours ago, PLO said:

Trading out of that second round pick to pick up Mims later is hurting now watching Trevon Diggs be a boss. Diggs was picked up a few picks later. 

Always woulda, coulda, shoulda with the draft. 

To be fair at the time we all loved the move.  Plus last year Mims gave us a lot of hope.  Nobody could have guessed what would happen this year 

• Upvote 1