Terrible meaningless win ughhh!!

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, ultraJETfan said:

You really can't see the forest for the trees can ya?

You act like Hutchinson turns this defense into the 85' Bears, good lord how can an actual Jets fan be upset we won today?

Zach played a great game. That’s all that matters. Jax scoring on that last possession wouldn’t have changed that. The defense is still the one worst of all time tho 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, ultraJETfan said:

You really can't see the forest for the trees can ya?

You act like Hutchinson turns this defense into the 85' Bears, good lord how can an actual Jets fan be upset we won today?

I've been rooting for this F'ing franchise for 50+ years and I was upset they won today. I want this team to be competitive and not be in the Stupor Bowl in December next year. I'm sick and tired of it. An elite edge rusher is what this team desperately needs and hasn't had for 2 decades and they just blew it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

Obviously higher draft pick is good but there are guys who were similiar  position who were “ranked” higher pre draft than these guys 
Khali Mack was picked 5 

Aaron Donald picked 13 

TJ watt picked 30th 

Yeah, but were any of them considered as "generational" as the two guys we're now going to see win championships in Jax and Detroit?? :D  

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

I've been rooting for this F'ing franchise for 50+ years and I was upset they won today. I want this team to be competitive and not be in the Stupor Bowl in December next year. I'm sick and tired of it. An elite edge rusher is what this team desperately needs and hasn't had for 2 decades and they just blew it. 

"A win is a win!"  Next year when we're on year 12 without the playoffs you can always look back with pride on the wins over Houston and Jax!

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, DoubleDecker said:

Zach getting stripped sacked by Thibs or Hutch next year and my fellow jets fans are gonna lament that " well we had no chance of drafting him" or " Hamilton was drafted 5 and hutch/thibs was drafted before them guys..." smh

lay me 5-1 that neither of them get a strip sack next year for $100?

12 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

So tell me the benefit of the jags not scoring on that last drive to beat us? What does this win do for us long term?

Let it ******* go dude.  You don't play for the team.  Players and coaches do not tank....EVER!

If you can't accept that, go elsewhere, and take the losing attitude with you.  No loss, really.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

This year is about player development, specifically QB development. Zach vs. Trevor, both struggling, both wanted this win (as did all the players). Zach got it, good for him. Hopefully it’s good for him going forward. If it is, that’s really all that matters. Jets are in great position for next year’s draft, regardless of the outcome today. 

This 

4 minutes ago, DepressedJetsFan23 said:

I’m just trying to find some positives, too much negativity in Jets world 

I get you, I was joining in ... the notion that the only good talent in a draft is at #1 and #2 is laughable to me. You proved this with your post.

(I think I need to work on my sarcasm in the offseason. ;-) )

• Upvote 1

Just now, jamesr said:

I get you, I was joining in ... the notion that the only good talent in a draft is at #1 and #2 is laughable to me. You proved this with your post.

(I think I need to work on my sarcasm in the offseason. ;-) )

Because we couldn't trade down from #1 or #2 OA

2 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Some of you guys might as well just root for loss every week from the beginning of the season on. What’s the difference

Some here seem to think that winning is only any good when you're bound for the Superbowl. You go 0-17 long enough then boom ... 17-0, playoffs, trophies and parades. Like all those great teams that did it before us. ;-) 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Because we couldn't trade down from #1 or #2 OA

So ... we should suck more than we do ... so that we get a higher draft pick ... so as not to miss out on a "generational" pass rusher ... so that we can then trade down ... so that we DO miss out on the generational pass rusher ... so that we get an additional pick elsewhere in the draft?

Am I following??

10 minutes ago, slats said:

This year is about player development, specifically QB development. Zach vs. Trevor, both struggling, both wanted this win (as did all the players). Zach got it, good for him. Hopefully it’s good for him going forward. If it is, that’s really all that matters. Jets are in great position for next year’s draft, regardless of the outcome today. 

Agreed. There isn't a drop dead A#1 QB, so getting your panties in a bunch about the difference between picks 1 and 2 or 3 and 4 is a waste of time. Jets figure to get 2 of the top 5 or 6 picks(GO BEARS!). That should net 2 no brainer starters at positions of need. Simply don't screw that up. 

• Upvote 3