Terrible meaningless win ughhh!!

Rhg1084

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

"Bro", the Jets have missed the playoffs for 11 straight years (tied for the longest stretch in franchise history).   Congrats on today's momentous victory!  That is all.

I really don’t want to get into this, i didn’t care if they won or lost today just wanna see improvement but I’m not gonna come cry about a win on a message board, to respond to your mathematically eliminated little cute comment, so if the Jets weren’t “mathematically eliminated” but the odds were slim to make the playoffs, which in turn means you aren’t winning the SB, are we rooting for wins or losses? When do we know what “smart fans” are ready to root for.

What if we are mathematically in it but 3 of our wins were on fluke plays then what do we root for?

11 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

And what guarantee is there Hutch works out. Everyone thought Wadsworth was a can't miss prospect. Pass rusher probably has one of the highest bust rates of any position. 

Yep, edge rushers are hard to project.

And look at last year. Look how bummed everyone was over losing out on Lawrence. How do we know we missed out on anything? As of today - do we know that we missed out on the better QB? I don’t. The draft is pure guess work and we are getting a top 4 pick, regardless, unless people are worried about beating Tampa or the Bills. Lol. 

If you want to see the Jets build something here, you want to see players like Wilson and Carter have some success and win some games. Maybe they can build some confidence for next year? The Jets were never replacing Zach Wilson after 10 games, so we might as well hope he develops. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Zach played a great game. That’s all that matters. Jax scoring on that last possession wouldn’t have changed that. The defense is still the one worst of all time tho 

Have you ever played organized sports? I know when I did and I played really well and we still lost, that was pretty hard to swallow. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I really don’t want to get into this, i didn’t care if they won or lost today just wanna see improvement but I’m not gonna come cry about a win on a message board, to respond to your mathematically eliminated little cute comment, so if the Jets weren’t “mathematically eliminated” but the odds were slim to make the playoffs, which in turn means you aren’t winning the SB, are we rooting for wins or losses? When do we know what “smart fans” are ready to root for.

What if we are mathematically in it but 3 of our wins were on fluke plays then what do we root for?

Is that the position we're in?

12 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Yep, edge rushers are hard to project.

And look at last year. Look how bummed everyone was over losing out on Lawrence. How do we know we missed out on anything? As of today - do we know that we missed out on the better QB? I don’t. The draft is pure guess work and we are getting a top 4 pick, regardless, unless people are worried about beating Tampa or the Bills. Lol. 

If you want to see the Jets build something here, you want to see players like Wilson and Carter have some success and win some games. Maybe they can build some confidence for next year? The Jets were never replacing Zach Wilson after 10 games, so we might as well hope he develops. 

I’m sorry. Confidence for next year is the stupidest thing fans say. Nothing carries over lol. 

These wins do absolutely nothing. You hope guys play well and don’t get hurt. Just get to the off-season healthy. 

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I’m sorry. Confidence for next year is the stupidest thing fans say. Nothing carries over lol. 

These wins do absolutely nothing. You hope guys play well and don’t get hurt. Just get to the off-season healthy. 

I don’t know. I played enough team sports in high school and college to know that wins can give young players confidence. Not guaranteed to happen, but they can. 

we can agree to disagree here. Experience during your rookie year is potentially valuable. Depends what the players do with it.

Some guys improve and grow and others make the same mistakes after 40 starts in the league. There are no absolutes. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Maybe not confidence, but understanding how to win and what it takes. It’s critical for young players especially  to have their hard work pay off. 

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Exactly as in the point you just made was completely irrelevant?

Again, bro. You asked me if I knew what mathematically eliminated meant. So said question you are calling irrelevant was directly correlated to mathematically eliminated, the same term you asked me if I understood. To make this easier and quicker let’s just stick with the original post.

Bro, you suck, that is all 

5 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Again, bro. You asked me if I knew what mathematically eliminated meant. So said question you are calling irrelevant was directly correlated to mathematically eliminated, the same term you asked me if I understood. To make this easier and quicker let’s just stick with the original post.

Bro, you suck, that is all 

The ideal game would've been Zach really did play great but we still lost.  That would've improved our draft position plus hopefully have helped Zach going forward.  Instead we won with Zach's legs and a kick return.  Is this going to be the formula going forward?  We beat one of the few teams in the NFL worse than us and hurt our draft position.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The ideal game would've been Zach really did play great but we still lost.  That would've improved our draft position plus hopefully have helped Zach going forward.  Instead we won with Zach's legs and a kick return.  Is this going to be the formula going forward?  We beat one of the few teams in the NFL worse than us and hurt our draft position.  

Ok. This sucks cause I have to agree with all of this. You are right kind sir 

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Can't wait when Hutchinson and Thibodeaux are causing havoc on the field and we draft a safety. We will always have that electrifying win against the equally horrible Jags though. That will really help next year. Some of you guys just don't get it. 

Guys, you who feel this way just don’t get it. What do you want the team to do, intentionally lose by trying to lose?. This is their job and nobody would risk their livelihood for what others expect helps you down the line with a better draft pick. Be serious now. Geez.

7 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Why is this so hard a concept for so many to grasp? 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

I think getting help for the worst defense in the NFL should be the priority. 

At this point we are going to have to build the O to do what you saw today. Run the ball and have Zack make plays and out score the other team. Because this D is not going to stop trams much for a while regardless of adding a pass rusher.

6 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Ok. This sucks cause I have to agree with all of this. You are right kind sir 

I think you misunderstand me anyway.  I absolutely want this team to be good.  Like everyone else, I'm just so sick of missing the playoffs and being at the bottom-of-the-barrel every year that I'll root for anything that I think will give us an advantage (like an improved draft pick).