Terrible meaningless win ughhh!!

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Guys, you who feel this way just don’t get it. What do you want the team to do, intentionally lose by trying to lose?. This is their job and nobody would risk their livelihood for what others expect helps you down the line with a better draft pick. Be serious now. Geez.

Not saying the team should intentionally lose, they get paid to win. Just saying it would be better for the organization in the long run if the result was a loss for a better draft position with top edge rushers available so we don't have to go through this sh*t for many more years. I'm tired of losing and looking like ass. 

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I don’t know. I played enough team sports in high school and college to know that wins can give young players confidence. Not guaranteed to happen, but they can. 

we can agree to disagree here. Experience during your rookie year is potentially valuable. Depends what the players do with it.

Some guys improve and grow and others make the same mistakes after 40 starts in the league. There are no absolutes. 

Im not saying it doesn’t give them confidence but def doesn’t carry over to the next season.
So many changes and so much time in between, winning or losing these games have zero effect on how they’ll play next year. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, slats said:

This year is about player development, specifically QB development. Zach vs. Trevor, both struggling, both wanted this win (as did all the players). Zach got it, good for him. Hopefully it’s good for him going forward. If it is, that’s really all that matters. Jets are in great position for next year’s draft, regardless of the outcome today. 

Zach sure developed today!

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

We weren’t getting to 1 anyone. I have a hunch the Oregon kid turns some teams off and I wouldn’t feel confident drafting him either. 

You have the Bama lineman, best receiver presumably available, or the next best pass rusher. 

There are several worthwhile pass rushers where the jets pick will be.  And wherever Seattle picks, they can get a wr or have a better shot of trading back.  One thing is clear though, this team need another wr desperately.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Augustiniak said:

There are several worthwhile pass rushers where the jets pick will be.  And wherever Seattle picks, they can get a wr or have a better shot of trading back.  One thing is clear though, this team need another wr desperately.

Yeah I mean they need to scout the hell out of the pass rushers. Interior linemen on either side or the ball and secondary shouldn’t be considered. Going back to back pass rusher in round 1 I’d be ok with too. 

58 minutes ago, undertow said:

If people got joy out of the win that's cool I think draft order is meaningless 99 percent of the time but pretending anything meaningful was accomplished is delusional.   

If Wilson had balled out today I’d have been stoked about the W.  He didn’t so what’s the f**king point of eeking out a win like this?

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Agreed.  Not sure why some fans are so pissy.  We have two high first rounders and 4 pics in the top 40

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach sure developed today!

I wanted #1 overall as bad as the next guy but we should have blown the Jags out. We were down 20 players, our HC, our top 3 WRs and continously went for in of 4th down instead of taking points.

I can't really be upset with winning this game, it really had no business being so close anyway.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Was gonna say the same thing. I like Ojabo and Karlaftis, I'd be happy with either of them paired with Lawson.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rhg1084 said:

So tell me the benefit of the jags not scoring on that last drive to beat us? What does this win do for us long term?

Buffalo had a few meaningless wins the year they took Josh Allen instead of losing enough for the privilege of drafting Mayfield and Darnold. The draft is a crapshoot, you might as well win all the games you can. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Was gonna say the same thing. I like Ojabo and Karlaftis, I'd be happy with either of them paired with Lawson.

I read somewhere that ojabo is a better fit in the d anyway.  Would not be surprised if he is the pick.  Frankly I’m way more concerned they’ll whiff on wr again.  Wilson actually looks like he can be good, but not when he plays with scab players.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The truly sad thing is how the anti-tank crowd has not been correct about it once.  The team never “learns to win” and the Jets have missed out on elite/better talent multiple times.  

Exactly! We could've had Trevor Lawrence!

Oh, wait. Is that good?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Exactly! We could've had Trevor Lawrence!

Oh, wait. Is that good?

A meaningless win against Miami a long time ago also cost us a chance at Lawrence Taylor.  Could you imagine Gastineau Klecko and LT on the same defense?!  I don't see how we wouldn't have won a Superbowl. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Butterfield said:

Its just unfortunate that the top prospects at the position i want them to draft, defensive end, are out of reach.  There really isn’t another guy in that range at that time.  4 is no mans land in this draft.  

Yeah, no chance the mocks move around a bit between now and the end of April. We’re sunk. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Butterfield said:

Its just unfortunate that the top prospects at the position i want them to draft, defensive end, are out of reach.  There really isn’t another guy in that range at that time.  4 is no mans land in this draft.  

I suggest looking at Karlaftis and Ojabo, both worthy of a top 10 pick at Edge.

• Sympathy 1

As a former high-ranking officer of JetNation's 2021 Tank Command, I'm okay with them winning today.

We'll see how Wilson and the yutes do for the rest of the season. If they can build off this win and build some confidence, that can bode well for their development for next season. If they go back to looking like absolute dogsh*t with Wilson looking like the biggest of his mom's busts, than I will concede that this win was all for nought, and complain about the SOJ and their meaningless wins.

I understand the logic of wanting a higher draft pick (although, tbh, it's hard for me to even care about that lately) but you gotta give Wilson credit for this win, even if his statline was uninspiring. He showed more fire this game than I've seen from him since Week 1.

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

A meaningless win against Miami a long time ago also cost us a chance at Lawrence Taylor.  Could you imagine Gastineau Klecko and LT on the same defense?!  I don't see how we wouldn't have won a Superbowl. 

Normally, I'd agree with you. See my post above.