Terrible meaningless win ughhh!!

Rhg1084

8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

As a former high-ranking officer of JetNation's 2021 Tank Command, I'm okay with them winning today.

We'll see how Wilson and the yutes do for the rest of the season. If they can build off this win and build some confidence, that can bode well for their development for next season. If they go back to looking like absolute dogsh*t with Wilson looking like the biggest of his mom's busts, than I will concede that this win was all for nought, and complain about the SOJ and their meaningless wins.

I understand the logic of wanting a higher draft pick (although, tbh, it's hard for me to even care about that lately) but you gotta give Wilson credit for this win, even if his statline was uninspiring. He showed more fire this game than I've seen from him since Week 1.

Zach looks great against a franchise that's potentially even more inept than we are. 

I just don't know how having the #2 or #1 overall draft position throughout the ENTIRE draft, is somehow worst than having the #4 or #5 draft position? We have no other reference of this besides us losing out on prospects that would've transformed our team.  This whole crap about winning culture has no concrete example.  I love the jets like everyone else, because that I root for things that will benefit the Jets as a whole.  This is part of the "proper rebuild."  Did the Jets win? Yes.  Am I happy about it in the grand scheme? No. Doesn't make me or anyone less or more of a fan.  Just know the season is beyond done, therefore I wanted better future draft position.  Again, I ask would you rather have your choice of Bosa AND Q.Will?  Becton, Wirfs, Thomas or Slater? Trevor or Zach? Why would you want to be robbed of your choice for a wins no one remembers, save for the regret of winning said games? Make it make sense please..

• Thumb Down 1

Had a two hour drive home from my last family Christmas.  I knew this post would be here when I got home and stewed on it for a bit.

1.  Everyone needs to stop approaching this like anyone in this draft is a sure fire slam dunk. None of these guys are likely Bosa, and it’s quite possible Karlaftis is just as likely to be a stud as Hutchinson or Thibeduex.

2.  I think a very good argument could be made the Jets best option is to trade back regardless.  Jets need a lot.  Pass rusher is one of those needs, but they also need WR, OL, TE, LB, Corner and Safety.  If you can fill one of those positions with a premium talent while adding additional picks, perfect.

3.  No one is trading up to 1 or 2 for a QB.  Someone might trade up to 4-6 though.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 4

Just now, HawkeyeJet said:

Had a two hour drive home from my last family Christmas.  I knew this post would be here when I got home and stewed on it for a bit.

1.  Everyone needs to stop approaching this like anyone in this draft is a sure fire slam dunk. None of these guys are likely Bosa, and it’s quite possible Karlaftis is just as likely to be a stud as Hutchinson or Thibeduex.

2.  I think a very good argument could be made the Jets best option is to trade back regardless.  Jets need a lot.  Pass rusher is one of those needs, but they also need WR, OL, TE, LB, Corner and Safety.  If you can fill one of those positions with a premium talent while adding additional picks, perfect.

3.  No one is trading up to 1 or 2 for a QB.  Someone might trade up to 4-6 though.

I have watched Karlaftis quite a bit, not interested.  I would also look to trade down at this time.  

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

https://247sports.com/Article/Michigan-football-Aidan-Hutchinson-compared-to-Joey-Nick-Bosa-by-Mel-Kiper-Jr-178414271/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjt4euV0IL1AhVijIkEHfmVCPgQFnoECAcQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Farticles%2F10020705-nfl-exec-on-aidan-hutchinson-fair-to-compare-michigan-de-to-tj-watt-bosa-bros&usg=AOvVaw2N5dzsgGfCatMxmXOhHySw

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjruY--0IL1AhVYkokEHb2PCX44ChAWegQIGhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.si.com%2Fnfl%2Fdraft%2Fnfl-draft%2Fnfl-draft-is-the-aidan-hutchinson-hype-warranted&usg=AOvVaw1xWeRTPvsn-HsxvVv60U64

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

As a former high-ranking officer of JetNation's 2021 Tank Command, I'm okay with them winning today.

We'll see how Wilson and the yutes do for the rest of the season. If they can build off this win and build some confidence, that can bode well for their development for next season. If they go back to looking like absolute dogsh*t with Wilson looking like the biggest of his mom's busts, than I will concede that this win was all for nought, and complain about the SOJ and their meaningless wins.

I understand the logic of wanting a higher draft pick (although, tbh, it's hard for me to even care about that lately) but you gotta give Wilson credit for this win, even if his statline was uninspiring. He showed more fire this game than I've seen from him since Week 1.

How long have you been watching this team? Today's win will mean nothing by this time next week. They are going to get their asses kicked by both the Bucs and Bills. 

5 minutes ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Looking at things from a different perspective may be helpful...

Winning this game may have done immeasurable good for a talented young kid QB

who is clearly struggling with his confidence...

That wasn’t even a very good performance.  I hope he has higher standards than that.  

42 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

For someone so consistently on the level I’m surprised you are so hard on this Pro Tank horsesh*t. 

Because winning meaningless December games has never helped the franchise and only hurt it.

If you can identify any instances where the above statement is untrue I’ll gladly adjust my opinion on this.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If Wilson had balled out today I’d have been stoked about the W.  He didn’t so what’s the f**king point of eeking out a win like this?

Exactly....all I saw was 100 yards passing and a few good runs that wouldn't have been there vs a team that wasn't horrendous. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, undertow said:

Exactly....all I saw was 100 yards passing and a few good runs that wouldn't have been their vs a team that wasn't horrendous. 

Yep.  It was a bad day of throwing, good day of running.  That doesn’t move the needle.

When’s the “signature game” coming?  Even Darnold had one of those his rookie year.  With a weaker overall supporting cast over the course of that season.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because winning meaningless December games has never helped the franchise and only hurt it.

If you can identify any instances where the above statement is untrue I’ll gladly adjust my opinion on this.

You’re essentially asking the entire board to prove a negative, so I’m not even going to indulge the “identify any instances” thing.  I’d sooner clap back and ask you to explain to me in earnest why winning this game is “meaningless” for a group of young players that hasn’t experienced much winning.  

Rooting for your team to lose all of its games with a month to go is just obnoxious.  I’d rather stop paying attention like some of the True Believers on this message board.

The draft is a complete crapshoot to begin with.  You never know how things are gonna shake out, who will be available, how the Jets will **** the pick up, etc. etc.  And there are no Peyton Mannings that the Jets or anyone else are in the running for right now.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

You’re essentially asking the entire board to prove a negative, so I’m not even going to indulge the “identify any instances” thing.  I’d sooner clap back and ask you to explain to me in earnest why winning this game is “meaningless” for a group of young players that hasn’t experienced much winning.  

Rooting for your team to lose all of its games with a month to go is just obnoxious.  I’d rather stop paying attention like some of the True Believers on this message board.

The draft is a complete crapshoot to begin with.  You never know how things are gonna shake out, who will be available, how the Jets will **** the pick up, etc. etc.  And there are no Peyton Mannings that the Jets or anyone else are in the running for right now.  

The jets are terrible.  They aren’t going to be good next year either.  I really don’t think a win against an equally terrible team in a lost season will change anything.  

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep.  It was a bad day of throwing, good day of running.  That doesn’t move the needle.

When’s the “signature game” coming?  Even Darnold had one of those his rookie year.  With a weaker overall supporting cast over the course of that season.

It's not coming this year.  It's gonna be a offseason of some fans thinking Wilson is a bust and others thinking we are headed in the right direction and not wanting to hear other opinions.  I think I'm taking the offseason off thinking about the Jets I need to see progression before I'm positive about anything. lol

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Zach looked fine, he did look comfortable. For whatever that’s worth. Run game was good. It was a meh overall game but better then seeing him throw balls in the dirt. 

Signature game at this time is pointless and meaningless. Just like these wins! He could throw for 350 and 4tds next week. I’d still feel the same about him going into the off-season. 

• Upvote 1