Terrible meaningless win ughhh!!

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Zachtomims47 said:

Zach looked fine, he did look comfortable. For whatever that’s worth. Run game was good. It was a meh overall game but better then seeing him throw balls in the dirt. 

Signature game at this time is pointless and meaningless. Just like these wins! He could throw for 350 and 4tds next week. I’d still feel the same about him going into the off-season. 

He still looks like a dud.  

• Thumb Down 2

Just now, Butterfield said:

Barely 100 yards passing against the worst team in the league.  

You could cover the Jets receivers.  And I don’t even know you. The jets receivers do not get separation. Zach hits them in the hands they drop it…..stop bashing the kid. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Barely 100 yards passing against the worst team in the league.  

Would be nice if you realized football is a team game. Running for a zillion yards as a team without your top 3 wrs and receivers dropping the ball half the time on perfect throws and almost causing turnovers -  sure, let’s keep throwing it. Not recognizing his elite talent is too bad. Zach, once he gets some receivers and experience, will be elite. 

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Would be nice if you realized football is a team game. Running for a zillion yards as a team without your top 3 wrs and receivers dropping the ball half the time on perfect throws and almost causing turnovers -  sure, let’s keep throwing it. Not recognizing his elite talent is too bad. Zach, once he gets some receivers and experience, will be elite. 

I hope you are right.  I just havn’t seen it yet. And today’s game didn’t change that.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

It was a decent game both teams suck mostly equally don't mind the win puts us in range for a corner or wr maybe Neal slips to us. All good

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

It would be better for the draft for the Jets to loose, but it is better for the team for them to compete and win. No worries, I don't think we have another win on the horizon.

Wilson's stats are not great, but they are better than Mac Jone's :-)

Labeling a win "meaningless" is shortsighted and untrue...

It has tremendous meaning, it is just that we have no way of knowing with certainty what that meaning is...

For example, to think the player that the Jets are now destined to pick has to be worse 

than the higher pick is just a guess, not a fact...

If Bill Parcells had not had that "meaningless" third win to go 3-12-1 in 1983, it might have forced the Giants to fire him...

He and LT may never have gone on to HOF careers...

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Lol a literal “weapons and time” post.

Well, let’s hope we get those weapons and experience fast eh. I’d sure like to see that elite part. I have my doubts.

Dude, I usually agree ab the weaponz, but today Berrios and McDermott were our clutchest receivers, and we were missing most of the OL, I love his mobility, he’s progressing, but to what level, who the eff knows…

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetswinbaby! said:

Labeling a win "meaningless" is shortsighted and untrue...

It has tremendous meaning, it is just that we have no way of knowing with certainty what that meaning is...

For example, to think the player that the Jets are now destined to pick has to be worse 

than the higher pick is just a guess, not a fact...

If Bill Parcells had not had that "meaningless" third win to go 3-12-1 in 1983, it might have forced the Giants to fire him...

He and LT may never have gone on to HOF careers...

Was Saleh going to get fired if the jets lost?  

The jets suck this year, and they will again next year.  

Just now, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Meh. I've seen meaningless wins lose us Dion Jordan / Ezekial Ansah, Jameis Winston / Marcus Mariota etc... Maybe we could try winning games and finding talent wherever we end up selecting. 

Yup. It wouldn’t surprise me if Thibs turns out to be a massive bust. Imagine we got to 1, we took him and he sucked?

3 minutes ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Meh. I've seen meaningless wins lose us Dion Jordan / Ezekial Ansah, Jameis Winston / Marcus Mariota etc... Maybe we could try winning games and finding talent wherever we end up selecting. 

ABSOLUTELY NOT!  Ask a dozen posters on this site and they will tell you....LOSING IS EVERYTHING!

Early on in the season when Zach had his (never full) compliment of weapons, he did not look great. 

Anyone dismissing his lack of weapons today as an ‘excuse’ is just making up crap. 

He had no one to throw to. He didn’t have any of his top targets today.

Come on guys, don’t give me the “QB makes the weaponz” BS.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

1) Because even though there’s a lot of young talent on this team, a very large % of the roster won’t be back next year.  It’s still a bad team so turnover will be high.  

2) Due to the COVID impact, many of the guys who played TODAY won’t even be in the NFL next year, much less Jets. So it’s even less meaningful than other December Jets wins in lost seasons.

3) There’s no “carryover effect”.  Today was just a lot of bad football where neither team looked good at really any point.  These wins don’t build for the future.  They get quickly forgotten.

So even if you want to argue that draft positioning is meaningless (it’s not), there’s no tangible benefit to todays win.  We learned very little about the team and especially very little about Wilson. 

image.png.694610ed16f272f2d78eea66d81ba7b5.png

• Upvote 1

Would have been great to have the first or second pick, but it's not gonna happen.  As it is, we will have two top 10 picks in both rounds 1 & 2.  Should be plenty of draft capital to improve the team.  I would not have been upset with a loss today, but I am also not going to bitch and moan about a win.

I just hate the fact that this team puts us in this position just about every season, the whole which is better, W or L debate.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, RevisIsland610 said:

How long have you been watching this team? Today's win will mean nothing by this time next week. They are going to get their asses kicked by both the Bucs and Bills. 

Very possible. Maybe, though, it'll be a few degrees less embarrassing than when they kicked our asses earlier in the year.

• Upvote 1