Terrible meaningless win ughhh!!

Rhg1084

I'm encouraged by some of the things I've seen. We're strong up front, from LT, thru center. We might have found us a competent RG. We have two young skilled players who can make a difference.  Moore and Carter. We need a stud WR. A TE. If we have the right QB, I like our offense. In the draft we take Karafitis and Jameson Williams. In the 1st. Hopefully find a few linebackers early, then scope the draft for a TE, and a few diamonds in the rough. Like Hall and Carter.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We won, stop whining about how we won vs how we should have won.  Zach didn’t do a lot but made a lot of big games to win the game.  The idea that they won a game on a KR and a scramble play that you’ve decided isn’t something he should do is comical.  

So do you think Zach should try to play like Lamar Jackson?

We won on 2 fluke plays.  If Zach was slinging the ball all over the place (even if we won) then I'd have been happy.  But we won with his legs and a KR.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

So tell me the benefit of the jags not scoring on that last drive to beat us? What does this win do for us long term?

The best rookie QB in the 2021 draft is not Mac Jones.  It's Davis Mills and it's not close.  He was the 67th pick in this draft.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Are you rooting for Carolina and Seattle to win out?

Hell no.  What does that have to do with a Jets win.  Zach has been a punching bag all year.  He wasn't great yesterday but he made plays in a win.  Much more important than a none QB pick in the draft.  Were in position to reload without having the 1st or second pick.  Douglas needs to hit on a few picks or make a blockbuster trade that actually works.  Position is over rated.  The 4 best 1st round rookies from this class were taken at 4, 5, 12 and 13.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

So do you think Zach should try to play like Lamar Jackson?

We won on 2 fluke plays.  If Zach was slinging the ball all over the place (even if we won) then I'd have been happy.  But we won with his legs and a KR.

If you can’t be happy when your team wins, what’s the point of being a fan? If you want to sit around all year hoping for losses and draft position, why even bother watching the games? Don’t watch, and wait for draft day.

The season is going to play out the way it does, teams try to win, coaches and players aren’t going to try and lose. If we pick the right players we’ll be better next year, no single one is going to turn this team around, we have to hit a bunch, and sign FAs too.

Zach didn’t play a great game, but he did what he had to do, and the team won. I’ll take that every week.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, slats said:

Yes. It’s the coaches’ and players’ job to win football games, and that’s what they want to do whenever they get on the field. It’s JD’s job to stock the roster. Looks like he’ll have one pick in the top five, another in the top ten, and two more in the top 40. He has the juice to move up or down, pretty much as he sees fit - and even his staunchest detractors have to admit his trades have been fantastic.

Top picks bust all the time. The irony here is that some of the biggest criers over the win yesterday destroying the Jets draft position also firmly believe they blew the #2 overall pick last year. 

I didn’t even think about that.  What wonderful irony.

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Take as many players off of the OL, DL, WRs and the Jets were the worst team. The Jags had the Advantage 

I’m with you on everything you’ve said, except this.

We we’re a 2 point favorite yesterday, and we’re picked to win by all four of the studio panel on nfl network.

The Jags weren’t at an advantage, they’re a bigger mess than we are.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

Both teams suck.  

This is correct. Entertaining game between two of the worst teams in the league. Jacksonville either blew the game on purpose at the end or were just that unprepared for a late/close situation. Either way, it was a fun game to watch and we're not in the mix for a QB and after HUtchinson at the moment it seems like the draft could shake out any type of way. You just hope Douglas isnt sleeping.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I’m with you on everything you’ve said, except this.

We we’re a 2 point favorite yesterday, and we’re picked to win by all four of the studio panel on nfl network.

The Jags weren’t at an advantage, they’re a bigger mess than we are.

That Josh Allen on the Jaguars is a scrub.

• Haha 1

I loved it. We don’t see many Jets wins..it feels damn good when they do. Wilson’s run was electric. Fun stuff.

i also have faith in this regime that whether they pick 1, 4, 7 or wherever..they are going to pick well.

By all accounts..JD’s last draft was knocked out of the park with the playmakers he picked up. Seattle losing was icing on the cake. 

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If you can’t be happy when your team wins, what’s the point of being a fan? If you want to sit around all year hoping for losses and draft position, why even bother watching the games? Don’t watch, and wait for draft day.

The season is going to play out the way it does, teams try to win, coaches and players aren’t going to try and lose. If we pick the right players we’ll be better next year, no single one is going to turn this team around, we have to hit a bunch, and sign FAs too.

Zach didn’t play a great game, but he did what he had to do, and the team won. I’ll take that every week.

I can be happy when we win or lose as long as I see a true foundation for the team going forward.  If Zach threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs I'd have been happy.  But a KR and fluky run (where the Defense gave up on the play) is not how we're going to win games in this league.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, InstantClassic said:

I loved it. We don’t see many Jets wins..it feels damn good when they do. Wilson’s run was electric. Fun stuff.

i also have faith in this regime that whether they pick 1, 4, 7 or wherever..they are going to pick well.

By all accounts..JD’s last draft was knocked out of the park with the playmakers he picked up. Seattle losing was icing on the cake. 

No it wasn't.   The defense gave up on the play and he took advantage.  Pure fool's gold.

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

That Josh Allen on the Jaguars is a scrub.

I don’t know if you noticed, but I called the Bills beating the Pats yesterday morning.

You were way ahead of everyone this year predicting Buffalo’s struggles this season, so I ‘d like to hear what you think…Do you think they’ll be okay now going forward, and did you pick them yesterday?

I’m not into another KC Super Bowl appearance, I’m hoping against hope the Colts, Titans or Bills can take them down. Burrow and the Bengals would be great, I just think they’re a year away? (actually I wouldn’t mind the Pats doing it. Mac Jones in the title game would be this place’s worst nightmare, lol)

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I can be happy when we win or lose as long as I see a true foundation for the team going forward.  If Zach threw for 400 yards and 4 TDs I'd have been happy.  But a KR and fluky run (where the Defense gave up on the play) is not how we're going to win games in this league.  

Special teams and running the ball doesn’t win games? Well that’s weird…

3 minutes ago, Zachtomims47 said:

I was responding to your comment on special teams and running the ball not winning games. But okay. 

If Zach is developing then great.  If we're winning with a 103 yard KR and a QB run where the D gave up on the play then it doesn't mean anything to me.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Butterfield said:

Who is miserable?

Apparently, a big chunk of this board if you have been following along.

You want a competitive team that can play week in and week out, who wants to win and bring this team a super bowl.  UNLESS of course, it is too late in any given season, then you want the players to choose to tank so they can get a rookie to come in and save the team for next season, even though at any given time there are probably 8-15 players who won't even be on the team.

Sounds like a GREAT philosophy!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Butterfield said:

I hope you are right.  I just havn’t seen it yet. And today’s game didn’t change that.  

He was the highest rated QB all day leading up to the night game - not sure what Dak was rated - without his top 3 wideouts. Not sure what you are expecting, cause almost all the QBs were worse than Zach on the day.

• Upvote 1

I am as negative sadly as they come-I think Joe is awful his coaching staff awful and his roster including Wilson awful but it was nice to see those in attendance get rewarded with a win and to see a team that is actually worse then the jets-for that one moment fans got to say he at least we won.... Although the Jags should have won it at the end lol

• Thumb Down 1

22 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

No it wasn't.   The defense gave up on the play and he took advantage.  Pure fool's gold.

Was it fools gold breaking out of two sacks to start the play?

Just be happy. It was the longest run by a QB in our history. It put points on the board and helped lead the team to victory. The building exploded. 

It was…electric. 

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

I don’t know if you noticed, but I called the Bills beating the Pats yesterday morning.

You were way ahead of everyone this year predicting Buffalo’s struggles this season, so I ‘d like to hear what you think…Do you think they’ll be okay now going forward, and did you pick them yesterday?

I’m not into another KC Super Bowl appearance, I’m hoping against hope the Colts, Titans or Bills can take them down. Burrow and the Bengals would be great, I just think they’re a year away? (actually I wouldn’t mind the Pats doing it. Mac Jones in the title game would be this place’s worst nightmare, lol)

Nice call on the Bills winning their revenge game against the Patriots at Gillette. I didn't pick the Bills. I figured the Patriots would find a way to win at home, but Mac Jones is having those rookie quarterback struggles. As for the Chiefs they look like they're headed back to the Super Bowl imho. I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but it's a pretty sure thing. Obviously injuries always play a role into who gets to the Bowl,, but at this point in time I got the Chiefs going to Inglewood.The Bills will win their division but I don't see them getting past the divisional round. I think the biggest threat to the Chiefs is the Indianapolis Colts.

20 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

He was the highest rated QB all day leading up to the night game - not sure what Dak was rated - without his top 3 wideouts. Not sure what you are expecting, cause almost all the QBs were worse than Zach on the day.

I’ve been sticking up for Zach and disagreeing with the pro tank guys since after the game, but two things people are hanging their hat on here are just ridiculous.

1. this argument that he was the highest rated QB yesterday is beyond, I hate to say stupid, but it’s stupid. Let’s not make this a thing. Burrow had a day for the ages, the discussion ends there.

2. this idea that because we won and the Pats lost, Zach is now suddenly a better QB than Mac. This isn’t the thread to argue it, so I won’t, but it’s typical Jet homer nonsense.

3 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Nice call on the Bills winning their revenge game against the Patriots at Gillette. I didn't pick the Bills. I figured the Patriots would find a way to win at home, but Mac Jones is having those rookie quarterback struggles. As for the Chiefs they look like they're headed back to the Super Bowl imho. I'm not saying it's guaranteed, but it's a pretty sure thing. Obviously injuries always play a role into who gets to the Bowl,, but at this point in time I got the Chiefs going to Inglewood.The Bills will win their division but I don't see them getting past the divisional round. I think the biggest threat to the Chiefs is the Indianapolis Colts.

Yeah, I think we’re on the same page here, I just hope the Colts OL is healthy when and if they play.

10 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If Zach is developing then great.  If we're winning with a 103 yard KR and a QB run where the D gave up on the play then it doesn't mean anything to me.  

But that's what you're missing.  He is developing and yesterday was another step forward.  Is he where we would like him to be, no, but a win along with an improving ZW is a very good outcome.  TL had (maybe) the better stats, but he had all the time in the world to throw the ball.  Also noticed what some analysts have pointed out about TL having a long throwing motion that gives DB's extra time to make a play.  While Zach needs to clean up his mechanics and make decisions quicker, his throwing motion is very compact and the ball comes out with plenty of zip.  Overall Zach outplayed the generational talent,

13 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And you’re wrong unfortunately.  I don’t get the ZW not only has to win but he has to perform at some level for it to count.  How many open WRs not named Barrios did you see?  How many dropped balls did he have by WRs not named Barrios?  

It's funny, when he plays okay, it doesn't count as he didn't get the win. When he gets the win, it is about how he played. While I get the skepticism of Zack's future, I am not sold myself, they did win the game. More importantly, Zack helped win the game. Maybe not with his arm, but with his head and legs. Was it the White performance against Cincy, no, of course not, but he played reasonably well and the team won.

• Upvote 1