For all the Mac Jones lovers

Bronx

8 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Mac Jones is one of the most physically limited qbs in the nfl.  The Pats will never go anywhere with him at qb.

Issue will be this is gonna be Josh Allen's division for a while. Still Jones had a chance to get his team over the hump today, but he is not Josh Allen.

Jones should still have been the pick over Wilson.  But it's done. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bugg said:

Issue will be this is gonna be Josh Allen's division for a while. Still Jones had a chance to get his team over the hump today, but he is not Josh Allen.

In an alternate universe the Jets stand pat at 6 in 2018 and possibly end up with Josh Allen 

• Upvote 3

Just now, Bugg said:

He regressed today and that is joy to my ears.

• Upvote 2

I think this just proves rookie years really don't mean anything in terms of long term projections.  Nobody here knows how any of these guys will look even less than 12 months from now.

But before we bash Jones too much, let's just wait till the Bills need a win in week 18 and see how our boy does.  Because if we still have everyone missing like we did this week, I don't even think I'll turn on the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Those are Zach like numbers. Yuck.

No wonder the Jets we’re afraid to play him against Buffalo’s defense.

Or it was his knee... 

You know, the same knee that was braced up and giving out on him mid play a full two weeks later?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, undertow said:

Very easy for the Pats to move off Jones if they aren't happy with him he wasn't taken with the 2nd overall pick.  Worst case scenario they drafted a cheap QB they went to the playoffs with for a few years.

The concept of sunk costs applies to all draft picks.  In terms of qb flexibility we are in the same boat. 

• Upvote 1