For all the Mac Jones lovers

Bronx

1 minute ago, Mo Lew said:

The concept of sunk costs applies to all draft picks.  In terms of qb flexibility we are in the same boat. 

The amount of capital wasted isn't comparable and they can move off him at anytime while people will wanna watch Wilson suck for three years before they are convinced he's a bust.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

32 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Issue will be this is gonna be Josh Allen's division for a while. Still Jones had a chance to get his team over the hump today, but he is not Josh Allen.

Jones should still have been the pick over Wilson.  But it's done. 

Not sure I agree. Zack had the highest upside and would also likely have 9 wins at this point if he was leading the Pats with the team they have.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Bronx said:

Nice job today.

Screenshot_20211226-174439_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e14dbd4ce239e54aff50711bea65a004.jpg

If you didn’t see Jones’ so called “Hail Mary” that was picked near the goal line today try to see it somehow.

Going to be fun watching him try to cut throw the Northeast wind and ice if New England ever gets somewhat deep in the playoffs with him.

I think he has been exposed....already.

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

31 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

If you didn’t see Jones’ so called “Hail Mary” that was picked near the goal line today try to see it somehow.

Going to be fun watching him try to cut throw the Northeast wind and ice if New England ever gets somewhat deep in the playoffs with him.

I think he has been exposed....already.

• Upvote 1

Um, yeah, OK. Pats already had a sucessful season. JETs are terrible until proven otherwise. PATs are still alive and could still win it out. A rookie QB had a bad day. Just WOW people. 

I hope you are right and ZW becomes a star and MAC J sucks, but it is a real longshot. 

• Thumb Down 2

LOL - first Mac Jone was the greatest thing ever.

He fell into a perfect team for him; great D, good OL and running game. He didn't need to do much and often plans with a lead or tie. He plays within himself and everyone was OMG jets blew it.

Now, NE can move on. This guy is a weak-armed Pennington - if he was on the Jets, he would be a BUST before he hit the field and he would not have a single win.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Nobody on this board "loves Mac Jones". 

The entire premise of this thread is a failure and a lie based on child-like emotion. 

Uuuuummmm there is one dude (conspicuously absent today) who is very proud that he had ranked Mac as the number 2 QB, wanted to draft him and loves claiming that he’s always eventually proven “right”.

Winning on the internet, as it were. Lol. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Uuuuummmm there is one dude (conspicuously absent today) who is very proud that he had ranked Mac as the number 2 QB, wanted to draft him and loves claiming that he’s always eventually proven “right”.

Winning on the internet, as it were. Lol. 

I DESPISE the guy,  especially when he was picked by the hated Patriots.. believe I compared him after his strut to the platform on draft day to David the effete Android from Prometheus.

Unlikable guy that he is, playing for the most hated team in the league for me, he has objectively been the best Rookie QB from the 2021 class so far.  (Davis Mills is starting to make a push, tbh).

What that means in the future? I don't know.

What Mac Jones personal accomplishments has to do with Zach? In reality,  not much. 

Can't talk for anyone else, but I would prefer that Jones looked like Hackenberg.  But he doesn't.  So far. 

Zach? Zach needs to play better, and the Jets need to support him. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I DESPISE the guy,  especially when he was picked by the hated Patriots.. believe I compared him after his strut to the platform on draft day to David the effete Android from Prometheus.

Unlikable guy that he is, playing for the most hated team in the league for me, he has objectively been the best Rookie QB from the 2021 class so far.  (Davis Mills is starting to make a push, tbh).

What Mac Jones personal accomplishments has to do with Zach? In reality,  not much. 

Can't talk for anyone else, but I would prefer that Jones looked like Hackenberg.  But he doesn't.  So far. 

I agree 100% but was just responding to your “nobody here loves Mac”. There is one dude for sure (and maybe a few others). Doesn’t matter. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

This is just inviting disaster for when Zach faces the Bills defense.. it's like you guys, Jets Fans, understand nothing about curses. 

People damn sure tempt fate around here much more than other teams lol

• Haha 2

Jones faced a superior Bills' defense today. And Wilson faced a less than stellar Jags' defense and executed a run first offense effectivley today. I would not draw any greater conclusions based on today alone, rather look at their full season when it's over in 2 weeks. And Jones is still probably going to the playoffs. 

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Please put a pipe in it already, you typed walls of text defending Mac when I said he had a noodle arm.. 

what do you really know?

13 hours ago, johnnysd said:

Today was a game they needed Jones to step up and he failed miserably. He looked way worse than the stat line.

The real story in the Bills game was Josh Allen was a beast down the stretch of that game.  All his freakish talent was on display.  

9 hours ago, Bugg said:

Jones faced a superior Bills' defense today. And Wilson faced a less than stellar Jags' defense and executed a run first offense effectivley today. I would not draw any greater conclusions based on today alone, rather look at their full season when it's over in 2 weeks. And Jones is still probably going to the playoffs. 

Our defense is actually pretty bad. they're very good at taking away the big play but the Pats moved the ball up and down the field for the most part. It was a good thing the offense was on fire because they could easily have won that if the Bills hadn't had the sort of game where they didn't have to punt once.

I didn't see the jets game but I've read this run game was great. if that continues they should just run at the Bills defense constantly because they're so soft when teams run it at them

11 hours ago, Warfish said:

Still best rookie QB this year.

Looking forward to seeing Zach against the Bills, even if it’s a trash game for Buffalo most likely.

11 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup, he’s having a bad month. Kid still has the makeup of a starting QB. 

Let the Pyrrhic victory laps ensue.

The kid has an amazing  head for the game  and  a nice feel for the short passing game. Lacks the arm strength and or elite athleticism most FQB have. “ Time to say hello to Tom’s little friend!”

14310908-2EC9-4F0D-9EE8-87BC99D0BC18.jpeg

• Sympathy 1