Good luck, Denzel

redlichtie

Just now, Joe W. Namath said:

Please remember he was drafting players with Adam Gase's input on who would fit his system.  Its not surprising many of them arent working out.

The ones he drafted for Saleh's system look great!

Not a terrible point but then what’s the excuse with Becton? Top 2 picks seem to be lazy, out of shape, don’t wanna put the work in and don’t love the game type players 

• Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Not a terrible point but then what’s the excuse with Becton? Top 2 picks seem to be lazy, out of shape, don’t wanna put the work in and don’t love the game type players 

Hopefully learned from a bad draft. That season had a really weird pre-draft process too.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, undertow said:

Those Denzel Mims lovers scattered like cockroaches....I think they are purchasing Braxton Berrios jerseys as we speak. 

I was banging the table screaming  for them to draft Mims... was happy he fell to us and am now sad that he has been a ghost.

Embarrassed Shame GIF

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2
  • Haha 1

Mims is still a good WR who has a future here. Remember his first season he missed TC after pulling both hammies, plus his first season was Gace's last, a horrible season for the Jets overall. This season he missed time with food poisoning (don't know if anyone here has ever had a bad bout with this, but it can literally take weeks to regain strength, plus he was behind FA WRs plus Moore, who had a good camp). Everything that could go wrong for Mims, has.

2022 will be a new season and with Cole outta here he'll have plays drawn up just for him. Whether he capitilizes on them time will tell, but I've not written Mims off just yet.

• Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

9 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

Mims is still a good WR who has a future here. Remember his first season he missed TC after pulling both hammies, plus his first season was Gace's last, a horrible season for the Jets overall. This season he missed time with food poisoning (don't know if anyone here has ever had a bad bout with this, but it can literally take weeks to regain strength, plus he was behind FA WRs plus Moore, who had a good camp). Everything that could go wrong for Mims, has.

2022 will be a new season and with Cole outta here he'll have plays drawn up just for him. Whether he capitilizes on them time will tell, but I've not written Mims off just yet.

No he is not good, he is a dog player that dogs it effort wise and has gotten much much worse and all we see with this dude is excuses.

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Denzel will get the offseason to improve and will be bought to camp next year.  If he hasnt improved, he will not make this roster.

But there is 0 reason to cut ties with mims right now.

Technically there was no reason for Star Wars to freeze Han Solo in Carbonite either.

• Haha 1

Just now, DetroitRed said:

Question for the people in this thread. How many of you wanted to draft Mims before where he got picked? And don’t lie

I was totally happy we drafted him and thought it was a good bit of fortune we got him after trading down.

Very early on as in year one he did not look that great and he looks worse every game.

• Upvote 1

With JD’s first three picks in the 2020 draft, he went for two high value positions, LT and WR, and picked a project safety even though he already had Adams and Maye.

Two years later, JD’s top three priorities could be LT, WR and S.   That is not how you make progress.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 2

35 minutes ago, FootballLove said:

I think the fat lady has been singing for awhile

58 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Please remember he was drafting players with Adam Gase's input on who would fit his system.  Its not surprising many of them arent working out.

The ones he drafted for Saleh's system look great!

And which system would Denzel like us to operate for him?….is the one that requires him to just get open and catch the ball a little too much?