Good luck, Denzel

redlichtie

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Some serious Cope going on here, it’s his job to get open and catch the ball. He isn’t doing either. Unlike Arnold he won’t be back.

We will see.  How many balls has Davis and Cole dropped?  Only an idiot would give up on a guy with his skill set and cheap contract.   When he was getting open he got little to no targets.   Now they they rarely even look in his direction.  

• Upvote 1

Its amazing that jet fans still have no clue what Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh and this coaching staff are all about.  They tell you every single press conference and jet fans just cant accept what they are hearing.

This regime is about giving young guys a chance, coaching them up, being patient etc.  

Denzel Mims is going nowhere right now.  He will be given every opportunity to improve over the offseason and make the team next year.  

This fanbase wanted Mike Lafleur fired after week 4.  Zach Wilson, Robert Saleh and Joe D gone right after this season.  

I cant wait to see the reaction of all these fools when we are competing for a super bowl in 2023.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, JetBlue said:

We will see.  How many balls has Davis and Cole dropped?  Only an idiot would give up on a guy with his skill set and cheap contract.   When he was getting open he got little to no targets.   Now they they rarely even look in his direction.  

He’s doesn’t try, the Jets say the right things but Mims is a problem child, he won’t be on the roster in 2022. Please come back and quote me when I’m wrong.

On 12/28/2021 at 2:57 AM, BurnleyJet said:

He’s doesn’t try, the Jets say the right things but Mims is a problem child, he won’t be on the roster in 2022. Please come back and quote me when I’m wrong.

Hey you could be right, about him not being on the roster, but not about him being a "problem child".  That is complete bullsh*t and I get sick and tired of folks passing judgement with zero facts.  The guy has not been a problem before in college or last year but all of sudden he doesn't try and is a "problem".   Could be that may be just he needs to improve his route running ability (a known issue coming out of college) and playing within this particular system?   

I will say this, and will have no problems being quoted if I'm wrong; Denzel Mims can play in this league and if cut by the Jets he will go on to have a successful career in the NFL with some team.  

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2021 at 12:49 AM, Joe W. Namath said:

Its amazing that jet fans still have no clue what Joe Douglas, Robert Saleh and this coaching staff are all about.  They tell you every single press conference and jet fans just cant accept what they are hearing.

This regime is about giving young guys a chance, coaching them up, being patient etc.  

Denzel Mims is going nowhere right now.  He will be given every opportunity to improve over the offseason and make the team next year.  

This fanbase wanted Mike Lafleur fired after week 4.  Zach Wilson, Robert Saleh and Joe D gone right after this season.  

I cant wait to see the reaction of all these fools when we are competing for a super bowl in 2023.

This is the most intelligent post in this entire thread.   Why on earth would the team get rid of a guy on such a cheap contract, with his talent and ability?   Mims with a full offseason to work on his route running in this system and work with Zach to develop some chemistry would be a the best thing for this team.   It would be like they went out and added another receiver in the draft.    

I will admit I was not happy with Lafluer or Saleh early on but never thought they should be fired.  That would have been extremely stupid.  My biggest issue was the lack of any experienced coach or former coach to work with such young coaching staff, and not signing a vet back up to allow Zach to sit and watch for the first 3 or 4 games.  It is all water under the bridge at this point and we can see them growing on the job.  Lets up that growth continues. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

This is the most intelligent post in this entire thread.   Why on earth would the team get rid of a guy on such a cheap contract, with his talent and ability?   Mims with a full offseason to work on his route running in this system and work with Zach to develop some chemistry would be a the best thing for this team.   It would be like they went out and added another receiver in the draft.    

I will admit I was not happy with Lafluer or Saleh early on but never thought they should be fired.  That would have been extremely stupid.  My biggest issue was the lack of any experienced coach or former coach to work with such young coaching staff, and not signing a vet back up to allow Zach to sit and watch for the first 3 or 4 games.  It is all water under the bridge at this point and we can see them growing on the job.  Lets up that growth continues. 

Lost me at the talent and ability part.  Mims has below average NFL talent and ability.  He's a big fast guy that plays small and slow. 

He can block though.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 12/26/2021 at 5:43 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Please remember he was drafting players with Adam Gase's input on who would fit his system.  Its not surprising many of them arent working out.

The ones he drafted for Saleh's system look great!

Amazing take down of Douglas.  

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Hey you could be right, about him not being on the roster, but not about him being a "problem child".  That is complete bullsh*t and I get sick and tired of folks passing judgement with zero facts.  The guy has not been a problem before in college or last year but all of sudden he doesn't try and is a "problem".   Could be that may be just he needs to improve his route running ability (a known issue coming out of college) and playing within this particular system?   

I will say this, and will have no problems being quoted if I'm wrong; Denzel Mims can play in this league and if cut by the Jets he will go on to have a successful career in the NFL with some team.  

What would you consider a successful career?  I think he will have to improve a bunch to stick because he does not play specials.  I wouldn't be surprised if he sticks around, but I'd be surprised if he saw 2,500 career yards.  At this point, I think he is shooting to be Chris Conley.  I don't think he is a good fit here and I do believe he was a specific choice for Gase, so maybe he will be rejuvenated elsewhere.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Good luck with that.

On 12/26/2021 at 6:44 PM, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

What character flaws?

I was wondering the same thing. I read a lot of inferences about Denzel and Becton about being “lazy” and “malcontent” yet see no proof of it other than certain posters assertions. Kind of disturbing.

On 12/27/2021 at 11:49 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

His attitude looks like crap.  He probably gets a chance to show up to camp because his trade value is so low, it doesn’t cost much to see.   

He doesn’t deserve a roster spot at this point.  It’s sad because everything outside of his mind looks amazing.   You hate to see it, but it’s not the first time and it doesn’t look good.  

9 minutes ago, Jetluv58 said:

I was wondering the same thing. I read a lot of inferences about Denzel and Becton about being “lazy” and “malcontent” yet see no proof of it other than certain posters assertions. Kind of disturbing.

There was a telling drill filmed once.   Everyone else in the WR group running ladders fast as hell with high intensity.  Then Mims jogs through with no effort.  

He appears to run routes lazy without fire to win and get open.  

We don’t see it all, but nothing looks good for Mims.  

Becton: they say a failed drug test at the combine.  That’s not a secret test.   Coming in overweight and not returning from injury.  Not as bleak as Mims, but a negative view  isn’t crazy for him either.   

He could be great, but we will see.  

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, dcJet said:

Lost me at the talent and ability part.  Mims has below average NFL talent and ability.  He's a big fast guy that plays small and slow. 

He can block though.

He looked pretty good to me as a rookie in limited action last year. 

• Upvote 1

I just don't understand it with Denzel. He was so involved at Baylor and in the games I watched was a real tone setter. In the limited action he had last year, I saw him make some great grabs. 

The drops recently have been out of character but more than that he just looks so uncomfortable out there. When he ran out of bounds on that play this weekend it was really disappointing.