All Zach Wilson throws vs Jax

doitny

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

i see alot of complaining but Zach had a nice game. no he didnt throw for 300 yds but he didnt need to. 

we had an icredible day running the ball. and Zach contributed to that. again this is something we didnt see before from him. thats called inprovement.

and for the 2nd week in a row there were no bouncing balls, no throws behind people. 

the kid is moving in the right direction. 

He did bounce it off a helmet. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, hawk said:

I have been critical of Wilson, every chance I can get, and today he played better than his numbers.  He looked more relaxed in the pocket, and his ball placement was much better.  Obviously, he had some nice runs, and outside of that he looked better.  

Was it a result of playing an inferior team for a change, or starting to get his feet under him, IDK, but it certainly was better than what he has put out there.

Stop telegraphing your passes Zach.

I think having a run game and more manageable down and distance really makes a difference. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Of his 19 throws that weren’t throwaways, I counted 5 bad passes, 2-3 of which were interceptable.

Better, but still not very good. 

And contrary to popular opinion, it looked to me the OL was better than the complainers were saying.  Certainly he wasn’t “running for his life” despite the COVID impact.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Of his 19 throws that weren’t throwaways, I counted 5 bad passes, 2-3 of which were interceptable.

Better, but still not very good. 

And contrary to popular opinion, it looked to me the OL was better than the complainers were saying.  Certainly he wasn’t “running for his life” despite the COVID impact.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not a great feat when you end up finishing with less than 5 YPA.

Davis Mills, for comparison purposes, averaged 9.5 YPA today. 

Omgggg. We get itttttt. 
Zach is the goat, accept it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, doitny said:

2:05 mark

that guy got knocked down. his helmet wasnt there when Zach threw it.

Of course.  The guy wasn't standing there and ZW threw it into his head.  He was on the ground a OL was standing in front of him.  He popped up..Just bad timing - things like that happen in the league all the time...no one's fault really....

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Not a great feat when you end up finishing with less than 5 YPA.

Davis Mills, for comparison purposes, averaged 9.5 YPA today. 

yeah thats been bothering me since he came back. its like there forcing him to be Mike White. he doesnt throw it deep anymore. hel he doesnt throw it middle anymore.

there going to have to get him to throw it like that again. we cant win that way.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, doitny said:

yeah thats been bothering me since he came back. its like there forcing him to be Mike White. he doesnt throw it deep anymore. hel he doesnt throw it middle anymore.

there going to have to get him to throw it like that again. we cant win that way.

I think if Moore's back you'll see more of it.  There's just no one that can beat anyone...These guys have to be schemed open.  Tough to push the ball down the field.

It'll come.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, docdhc said:

1 bounced off a helmet and 1 was a clear drop. The ball placement was good on all of them. The first one that was trapped was a good play by the safety. I think he played well with what the offense was trying to do which was mostly to run the ball. I really didn’t see any bonehead throws like early in the year. I think there has been major improvement. 

Agreed. He made one really bad throw that was almost a pick. But other than that I was pretty happy with his game.  

• Upvote 1