Jump to content

To quote Ice Cube “ today was a good day”..


OMA
 Share

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, OMA said:

I think some of you want the team to lose to prove you were right (or keep complaining) vs they win with a young qb and backups at other positions. You play the team on your schedule and I’ll take the win every time.   

And oh yeah, the Jamal trade just got better.

 

Absolutely.  I think it’s they don’t want to be proven wrong.  But anyway yes it was a real good day 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

All the folks who predicted 5 or 6 wins are pissed that we might get 5 or 6 wins.

We’ve played one of the easiest schedules in the league and are currently 2nd worst in the league in point differential, just ahead of the team we just beat.  And there’s a pretty big gap between us and the # 3-5 teams on that list.

In a season where HOW the team plays is far more important than the final W-L record, this has been a terrible season overall.  Yes, even with the youngest roster in the NFL, I expected this team to be more competitive than we’ve seen.

Today was a clown shoes game (in the midst of another clown shoes season) between the 2 worst teams in the league.  “A win is a win” should not be how people are viewing today, but people will do so anyways.  Oh well. 

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’ve played one of the easiest schedules in the league and are currently 2nd worst in the league in point differential, just ahead of the team we just beat.  And there’s a pretty big gap between us and the # 3-5 teams on that list.

In a season where HOW the team plays is far more important than the final W-L record, this has been a terrible season overall.  Yes, even with the youngest roster in the NFL, I expected this team to be more competitive than we’ve seen.

Today was a clown shoes game (in the midst of another clown shoes season) between the 2 worst teams in the league.  “A win is a win” should not be how people are viewing today, but people will do so anyways.  Oh well. 

The biggest culprit in that point differential is the most Horrific Defense I’ve Ever seen from a Jet team, maybe any team for that matter.  Wilson is far down the list on taking that rap.

Not going to blame them totally for Wilson’s rookie season struggles, but it’s really asking too much of Any rookie to try to win a game in which in the blink of an eye you’re down 14-0 (almost All season) or another team’s Offense is totally enforcing their will against your D, controlling the clock for almost an entire quarter of football (Philly game, same game Wilson led 3 TD drives from right out of the gate and then barely got to see the ball in the 2nd Half).

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

I know this is a popular take here, but it’s only a thing fans hope for.

Players and coaches would laugh in your face for suggesting it. Jobs are on the line, and no athlete who’s advanced beyond the JV level is going out there trying to lose.

Just today alone you saw the Jets and the Texans win over a more talented Charger team, the Bears fight back from down 17-7… you’re living in a fantasy world talking the way you do.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Even saw the lights of the Goodyear Blimp
And it read, "Joe D's a pimp!"

Your boy needs to get it done in this draft.. The ‘20 one was historically bad, and this one comes down to Wilso becoming good or not.

He’s torn things down, (which I don’t think was necessary) but now we have an expansion level roster, plenty of picks and cap space.

You like to have fun and thank him a lot, but in a few months the funny stuff ends. It’s judgement time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’ve played one of the easiest schedules in the league and are currently 2nd worst in the league in point differential, just ahead of the team we just beat.  And there’s a pretty big gap between us and the # 3-5 teams on that list.

In a season where HOW the team plays is far more important than the final W-L record, this has been a terrible season overall.  Yes, even with the youngest roster in the NFL, I expected this team to be more competitive than we’ve seen.

Today was a clown shoes game (in the midst of another clown shoes season) between the 2 worst teams in the league.  “A win is a win” should not be how people are viewing today, but people will do so anyways.  Oh well. 

Lol right now we have the 16th highest SOS and our last two games are Buffalo and Tampa Bay. So we would be in the top half of hardest schedules. Also we have played the highest rated schedule of defenses against the pass so there's that too

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Lol right now we have the 16th highest SOS and our last two games are Buffalo and Tampa Bay. So we would be in the top half of hardest schedules. Also we have played the highest rated schedule of defenses against the pass so there's that too

There’s no good reason why the Jets are quite clearly the 2nd worst team in the league and are basically locked in to pick 4th or 5th.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I was just pointing out that we actually had a hard schedule, not an easy one. And we are one of the most injured teams in the NFL, and the most snaps by rookies in the NFL. What matters now is what we look like next year. We have an insane amount of draft capital with 2 of the Top 10, 4 of the Top 40 and 6 of the top 100 and a good amount of cap. The situation is not as dire as it may seem 

That depends on who Sleepy Joe drafts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Doubled our win total from last year.  A huge step in the right direction under Robert Saleh.  What an exciting time to be a jets fan.  Cant wait to see how Robert and Joe D build this team in the offseason.  So exciting!

We shooting for the stars!
5 wins next year! Let’s Go!

  • Thumb Down 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The team has issues BUT there are more positives this year than last imo.

I'll say one thing we will never get anywhere if we are hurt all the time though.

The best experience is reg season and playoff experience, too many young players getting hurt and missing out on important learning games.

That's what we're hanging our hat on?  Improvement from last year's debacle? 

0-13 start

7 games where we lost by at least 3 scores (>= 17 points)

Gase/Flacco/Gore

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Doubled our win total from last year.  A huge step in the right direction under Robert Saleh.  What an exciting time to be a jets fan.  Cant wait to see how Robert and Joe D build this team in the offseason.  So exciting!

 

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’ve played one of the easiest schedules in the league and are currently 2nd worst in the league in point differential, just ahead of the team we just beat.  And there’s a pretty big gap between us and the # 3-5 teams on that list.

In a season where HOW the team plays is far more important than the final W-L record, this has been a terrible season overall.  Yes, even with the youngest roster in the NFL, I expected this team to be more competitive than we’ve seen.

Today was a clown shoes game (in the midst of another clown shoes season) between the 2 worst teams in the league.  “A win is a win” should not be how people are viewing today, but people will do so anyways.  Oh well. 

I’m right in the middle of these 2

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Doubled our win total from last year.  A huge step in the right direction under Robert Saleh.  What an exciting time to be a jets fan.  Cant wait to see how Robert and Joe D build this team in the offseason.  So exciting!
Agree .. my guess Edge, OL, OL, MLB

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The team has issues BUT there are more positives this year than last imo.

I'll say one thing we will never get anywhere if we are hurt all the time though.

The best experience is reg season and playoff experience, too many young players getting hurt and missing out on important learning games.

Yes, we have to fix whatever this injury issue is.  The NFL season is so often one of attrition.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...