To quote Ice Cube “ today was a good day”..

OMA

I know this is a popular take here, but it’s only a thing fans hope for.
Players and coaches would laugh in your face for suggesting it. Jobs are on the line, and no athlete who’s advanced beyond the JV level is going out there trying to lose.
Just today alone you saw the Jets and the Texans win over a more talented Charger team, the Bears fight back from down 17-7… you’re living in a fantasy world talking the way you do.
Absolutely agree and if you watch the post-game speech from the coaches, not one person in that locker room could care about draft position

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

So we're making fun of doubling our win total from last year, with basically a bunch of 1st year players... So if we double our win total next year, that's either 8 or 10. (most likely 8). You guys wouldn't take that, and a good feeling that the 2022 draft was also a success ????

I for one would sign up for that in a heart beat, because that would show the rest of the NFL that we are finally doing something right, and maybe we can attract FA's without having to pay through the roof. I think beginning of the 2023 year is when we'll need to supplement this team with that type of FA that would want to be part of playoff runs...

If that happens, I'm sure most of you will sign up for that in a heartbeat.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, we have to fix whatever this injury issue is.  The NFL season is so often one of attrition.  

one thing we can fix is the field. how many slips have we seen this year?. and there RB Robinson got hurt when he tried to plant his foot. i wonder how many injuries are on that field? do the Giants have problems in there home games?

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’ve played one of the easiest schedules in the league and are currently 2nd worst in the league in point differential, just ahead of the team we just beat.  And there’s a pretty big gap between us and the # 3-5 teams on that list.

In a season where HOW the team plays is far more important than the final W-L record, this has been a terrible season overall.  Yes, even with the youngest roster in the NFL, I expected this team to be more competitive than we’ve seen.

Today was a clown shoes game (in the midst of another clown shoes season) between the 2 worst teams in the league.  “A win is a win” should not be how people are viewing today, but people will do so anyways.  Oh well. 

We beat the Titans and Bengals. I'm happy with those wins too. 

3 hours ago, 68JET11 said:

So we're making fun of doubling our win total from last year, with basically a bunch of 1st year players... So if we double our win total next year, that's either 8 or 10. (most likely 8). You guys wouldn't take that, and a good feeling that the 2022 draft was also a success ????

I for one would sign up for that in a heart beat, because that would show the rest of the NFL that we are finally doing something right, and maybe we can attract FA's without having to pay through the roof. I think beginning of the 2023 year is when we'll need to supplement this team with that type of FA that would want to be part of playoff runs...

If that happens, I'm sure most of you will sign up for that in a heartbeat.

Thats not how this works, generally.  It’s very easy to go from 2 wins to 4 in this league.  And it doesn’t really even matter that we did, because we’re still the 2nd worst team in the NFL by point differential, meaning we’re barely more competitive than last season overall.

Going from 4 wins to 8-10?  Now THAT is a pretty difficult jump that would indeed be impressive.  Is it doable?  Sure.  We certainly have the resources to make it happen.  But we need a QB, whether that’s Wilson or a veteran option.  None of this works without a QB.

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Yes, we have to fix whatever this injury issue is.  The NFL season is so often one of attrition.  

I think the injury issue is more than how many people are getting hurt - it's who steps up to replace them. When we lose a starter, almost anywhere on the roster, it's a steeper step down in talent than a team like the Chiefs or the Rams or fill-in-the-team-who-has-been-good-for-five-years because the depth enables them to stay competitive. The Ravens are still over .500 despite getting decimated this season (though I doubt they will make the playoffs - they got smoked this weekend because they finally have hit the wall with how many subs you can field before it all goes south.) As we get deeper - and this is taking time because our starters and bench were pedestrian, to be polite - we will be able to better weather the inevitable injury bug.

As an aside, I hate the 17 game schedule: NFL players are not superhuman, and these guys are going to get beaten up during the long season, and more susceptible to a major injury as the season wears on. Maybe a second bye week should be added to compensate.

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thats not how this works, generally.  It’s very easy to go from 2 wins to 4 in this league.  And it doesn’t really even matter that we did, because we’re still the 2nd worst team in the NFL by point differential, meaning we’re barely more competitive than last season overall.

Going from 4 wins to 8-10?  Now THAT is a pretty difficult jump that would indeed be impressive.  Is it doable?  Sure.  We certainly have the resources to make it happen.  But we need a QB, whether that’s Wilson or a veteran option.  None of this works without a QB.

actually we could have won 7 game this year with last years defense. if they change that scheme to work with what we have that probably does the trick.

Atlanta. we were losing 20-17 in the 4th. if we could have held them we had a chance.

both Miami games were tied in the 4th qt.

add some good draft picks and winning 8 games next year isnt that difficult as long as they get rid of this defensive scheme.

14 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

damn right walter white GIF by Breaking Bad

Whats disturbing is not the win/loss record being so bad. Its rather the number of games we were just bullied and played so poorly. In many games, it didn't even look like an NFL team.   I expected a 10-12 loss season. What I was hoping for was just progress, competetiveness, passion. Instead we got a flat, stagnant, slop.  I didnt expect it to be that incendiary. Next year should be much different on practically every level.  It has to be and I believe it will be since JD (and Saleh) have the means to make it happen. 

• Upvote 1