Updated Tankathon: 4th, 6th, 35th, and 40th.

Just now, PS17 said:

To the people obsessing over losing draft position due to wins: if the Jets upset Tampa next week 31-28 with a good showing by Wilson, is dropping 2-3 slots going to piss you off because it’s a “meaningless” December win? 

We’ve been very consistent in saying that Zach Wilson balling out would be the only thing capable of rendering these wins meaningful.

Barely clearing 100 passing yards against the hapless Jaguars doesn’t cut it.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’ve been very consistent in saying that Zach Wilson balling out would be the only thing capable of rendering these wins meaningful.

Fair.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

The Jets could have picks 1,2,3 and 4 in this draft and it won’t matter if Zach Wilson doesn’t play about 1,000% better than it looks like he’s capable of. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The Jets haven’t made the playoffs in 11 years captain optimism.

No $hit Sherlock. I’m glad you can count past 10, had to use more than 2 hands, huh? Thank you for posting out the obvious Sergeant Misery. Lol

You're clearly not a life long Jets fan born into this team as having expectations is the first sign and you stated switching over to this team in some previous post many threads ago. 

Enjoy the win and I wish you a Merry Christmas!!?

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets could have picks 1,2,3 and 4 in this draft and it won’t matter if Zach Wilson doesn’t play about 1,000% better than it looks like he’s capable of. 

Or the Jets at least to show a willingness to move on quickly from him if he doesn’t, which I highly doubt they will.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Or the Jets at least to show a willingness to move on quickly from him if he doesn’t, which I highly doubt they will.  

Why would they cut bait? He’s cheap and a solid 60% of the fanbase is going to stick to “progress” dream until he’s traded to Detroit in three years.

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

This. It’s not like we beat JAX with a commanding victory. They drove the field from their 25 to the Jets 1 yard line in (1:47) to lose the game on a 4th down PD in the end zone. 

The thrill of a meaningless victory.  Well possibly very meaningful in that it will change who we draft. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Neal LT at 4.  Burks WR at 7.  McBride TE at 35.  Lloyd, LB Utah at 40.

Trade Becton for a late 1st.

Lloyd would have to break his leg between now and the draft to fall that far, and even if he did he probably still wouldn't get out of the first round. 

1 minute ago, Greenseed4 said:

Nobody knows anything right now.  Some draftee will get injured training. One will get taped in a physical altercation with his girlfriend. Someone’s going to test positive for weed. 

And then there’s the can’t-miss #1 (Jadaveon Clowney, and his 37 career sacks) that will get drafted ahead of the small school LB Khalil Mack (#5 overall, with 76 career sacks) and Aaron Donald (#13 overall, with 97 sacks). 

Fully agree but let me ask: are you rooting for Carolina and Seattle to lose?

3 hours ago, undertow said:

Jets fans- Yay we win draft order isn't important.

Same Jets fans - Yay Seattle loses higher draft pick for us.

Draft is a crapshoot, you win some you lose some, this year it seem that we could trade down and collet more pieces. The more choices you have, you have to hit on some.

most likely not going to use that higher position anyway, perhaps trade it for a young established piece. So yeah I like wins.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Rangers1 said:

Draft is a crapshoot, you win some you lose some, this year it seem that we could trade down and collet more pieces. The more choices you have, you have to hit on some.

most likely not going to use that higher position anyway, perhaps trade it for a young established piece. So yeah I like wins.

I don't have a problem with what people's opinions are one way or the other...but draft order is either important or it's not it doesn't change based on what makes you feel good atm. lol

15 minutes ago, PLO said:

Lloyd would have to break his leg between now and the draft to fall that far, and even if he did he probably still wouldn't get out of the first round. 

I don’t know who he is but I like the idea of having “Avoid Lloyd” signs like the Steelers got to enjoy for many years 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I like this, one thing I would do is at least listen to trade down offers, some teams are going to fall in love with a QB and we are well places to traded down if we wish.

This is what I was thinking. It’s entirely possible that 4 is a better position to trade down than 2 (or 1) because of the perceived lower cost.

A GM who doesn’t get at least 3 #1s and at least one #2 and more, to drop from #1 to honestly any slot lower than 5, is just going to stay there and make the pick. 

But if someone wants the top QB and he’s still there at 4 - and expected to go any time soon, based on need - we could drop to 8-10 or whatever and secure another 1st and more next season while maintaining the high number of picks (just that one of them is lower, but still a comparatively high pick in the top half of round 1).

I mentioned it last week, like when SF couldn’t get anyone to trade up to #1 because Alex Smith wasn’t enough for someone to give up all that chart value (and guarantee him a then-insane $25MM guaranteed, or however much it was). 

Sometimes there’s such a thing as too high, if what you’re looking to do is trade down.

• Upvote 4

Just now, fusionCA said:

you are aware that the Jets beat the Texans?

I am.  And since that game the Texans have been moving in a positive direction while we’ve gone the opposite way.  They just put up 41 pts today with a rookie QB under center.  Must be nice.

Houston is better than us.

• WTF? 1

I am.  And since that game the Texans have been moving in a positive direction while we’ve gone the opposite way.  They just put up 41 pts today with a rookie QB under center.  Must be nice.
Houston is better than us.
Jets looked good this week .... but cool story brah.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, PS17 said:

To the people obsessing over losing draft position due to wins: if the Jets upset Tampa next week 31-28 with a good showing by Wilson, is dropping 2-3 slots going to piss you off because it’s a “meaningless” December win? 

Honest no matter what happens they would bitch and moan 

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This is what I was thinking. It’s entirely possible that 4 is a better position to trade down than 2 (or 1) because of the perceived lower cost.

A GM who doesn’t get at least 3 #1s and at least one #2 and more, to drop from #1 to honestly any slot lower than 5, is just going to stay there and make the pick. 

But if someone wants the top QB and he’s still there at 4 - and expected to go any time soon, based on need - we could drop to 8-10 or whatever and secure another 1st and more next season while maintaining the high number of picks (just that one of them is lower, but still a comparatively high pick in the top half of round 1).

I mentioned it last week, like when SF couldn’t get anyone to trade up to #1 because Alex Smith wasn’t enough for someone to give up all that chart value (and guarantee him a then-insane $25MM guaranteed, or however much it was). 

Sometimes there’s such a thing as too high, if what you’re looking to do is trade down.

This is a very good point.  But ultimately i predict the jets will not be able to move back from 4 or 3, they’ll take the BAP pass rusher and then trade back from Seattle’s pick where the interest will be greater and the price will be less.  The big test for douglas will be if Neal is there when they pick, he’s clearly the highest rated guy on their board, and they can’t trade back.  But it’s hard to see Jax or Texans not taking him though.