Jump to content

Updated Tankathon: 4th, 6th, 35th, and 40th.


Hal N of Provo
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I am.  And since that game the Texans have been moving in a positive direction while we’ve gone the opposite way.  They just put up 41 pts today with a rookie QB under center.  Must be nice.

Houston is better than us.

Davis Mills is playing really well, that’s the difference.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I am.  And since that game the Texans have been moving in a positive direction while we’ve gone the opposite way.  They just put up 41 pts today with a rookie QB under center.  Must be nice.

Houston is better than us.

But they're out of playoff contention so all their recent wins are meaningless. Therefore they are a worse team than us.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Phillyjet said:

Please, they put up nearly 300 on the ground, including nearly 100 by Zach.  WR1 was Berrios.  So they should have thrown the ball more?  

Of course - then everyone who hates on Zac can continue hating on Zach when it doesn't work. ;-) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Exclusive of any trades, which would be great if a pass rusher doesn't fall to us...sign me up for one of Hutch/Thib/Neal or Hamilton. Stingley will also be tempting. 

Yes I'd take Hamilton at 4 and plug him right in at Safety. Dude is a freak and his upside is off the charts. 

In fact, assuming the rumored 'top 3' are off the board (Neal/Thib./Hutch.), and Hamilton is my selection at 4, with the Seattle pick I'm going with Karlaftis and adding yet another pass rusher to Saleh's defense- in the Nick Bosa mold. If he is off the board I am taking Green or Ikwonu and hopefully getting a versatile long term upgrade at G over Duvernay. Both guys could potentially step right in and turn this into a punishing o-line. Especially in the run game. Both guys can step in and play OT in case of injury. Both have the athleticism to play zone and the power to switch to gap if needed. 

I'd be pretty happy with any combination of these players in Rd. 1. 

  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BigRy56 said:

Have a feeling that Thibadeax falls to 4. Otherwise I think we take Neal 

I have a feeling thib, hutch, neal go 1, 2, 3. in no particular order. Are any QBs really worth taking top 3 and would any of those 3 teams pull the trigger? Detroit has another late first rounder. Would make sense in this kind of QB class to take a developmental guy there- someone like Willis out of Liberty? Or are you thinking Hamilton goes top 3? I don't see a trade up into the top 3 either...

Some would say #4 puts the Jets in 'no man's' land, which is true', but there is still a ton of top level talent to pick from. As I mentioned in my earlier post, Hamilton and Stingley are elite prospects at their positions, both would fill a need for the Jets and I can all but guarantee both will blow up the combine showing that they are healthy and their game translates exceptionally well to the nfl.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, PepPep said:

I have a feeling thib, hutch, neal go 1, 2, 3. in no particular order. Are any QBs really worth taking top 3 and would any of those 3 teams pull the trigger? Detroit has another late first rounder. Would make sense in this kind of QB class to take a developmental guy there- someone like Willis out of Liberty? Or are you thinking Hamilton goes top 3? I don't see a trade up into the top 3 either...

Some would say #4 puts the Jets in 'no man's' land, which is true', but there is still a ton of top level talent to pick from. As I mentioned in my earlier post, Hamilton and Stingley are elite prospects at their positions, both would fill a need for the Jets and I can all but guarantee both will blow up the combine showing that they are healthy and their game translates exceptionally well to the nfl.  

There are at least 2 more EDGES who will probably put up big numbers at the combine and it seems like a crazy deep draft at EDGE and TE.  
 

Thib might drop.  Diva vibes might turn teams off.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We’re picking 4th in a 2-3 player class, because of course.

I don't know - everyone wanted us to pick first for the "can't fail" Trevor - Tank for Trevor - now the board is saying that all the QBs suck; if we lost, people would be like.- "can't even beat the worst team in the NFL".

We could be picking first and everyone would be like, "JD will screw it up", or "every other year the #1 pick would be worth a boat load, now it is crap", or "ha ha, look at JD drafting defense in the top 5". No matter how we do, where we pick, or who we pick there is going to be unhappy fans.

We also have two more games - I doubt the Jets win one, so, we may end up picking 3rd. If we do, will people on this site be happy, or will it be a 2 player draft? Or, Saleh sucks because we won a game and then didn't win any? I guess in two more weeks we will know for sure our draft order, and then we can complain about where we ended, and start the "who should we pick" drama...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Comes easy to be pessimistic when you haven’t made the playoffs in over a decade.

But please, keep telling people how to fan.  Everyone likes that guy.

Yeah... that guy is far more annoying than the people who bitch and moan about everything the team does.  They bitch when they don't win enough games to make the playoffs, then they moan when the team wins too many games to get the savior to come in the following season.

THOSE are the REAL fans who are a joy to be around!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's super super early, but currently I'm projecting 1(4) OL Evan Neal, 1(8) DE George Karlaftis, and 1(25) WR Drake London

  • I think Neal is a safer prospect than Becton, even if not as spectacular. I'm not worried about Neal's weight as much as I am with Becton, and Neal is someone the front office and coaching staff will all love: he has the traits all of them look for. I can see him playing RG year one before bumping out to tackle in year 2. He's such a valuable player for the very reason that he can play 4-of-5 OL spots at an extremely high level. 
  • Karlaftis is a guy who is well liked around the league, but I can honestly see this being a number of DEs. Travon Walker is a name I'm certainly monitoring as well. Ultimately, I see them adding a pass rusher with that second first-round pick. Both Douglas and Saleh are in lockstep regarding their team building philosophy, and that is to build within the trenches.  
  • I do think Joe Douglas will take the receiver position seriously this offseason, but I think he'll return to the draft rather than target someone in free agency. I don't think they'll give up on Mims just yet, but Douglas has to proceed as if Mims will be no more than a 4th option in the offense going forward and I think they want to create a pipeline at the position to avoid a bare cupboard at receiver as has been the case over the past few seasons due to lack of talent or injury. What receiver they select really comes down to how they plan on using the current guys, but the way I see it, Drake London is someone who fits in the grand scheme of having a "position-less offense" because his traits and playing style would allow them to use him at the X, Y, Z and even in the backfield. He's a 6'4", 215 lb. receiver that was a former basketball player, so while his top-end speed isn't necessarily elite, he's a quick, fluid mover who consistently gains yards after-the-catch (he'll get a star for that) and can win in contested situations. 
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, football guy said:

It's super super early, but currently I'm projecting 1(4) OL Evan Neal, 1(8) DE George Karlaftis, and 1(25) WR Drake London

  • I think Neal is a safer prospect than Becton, even if not as spectacular. I'm not worried about Neal's weight as much as I am with Becton, and Neal is someone the front office and coaching staff will all love: he has the traits all of them look for. I can see him playing RG year one before bumping out to tackle in year 2. He's such a valuable player for the very reason that he can play 4-of-5 OL spots at an extremely high level. 
  • Karlaftis is a guy who is well liked around the league, but I can honestly see this being a number of DEs. Travon Walker is a name I'm certainly monitoring as well. Ultimately, I see them adding a pass rusher with that second first-round pick. Both Douglas and Saleh are in lockstep regarding their team building philosophy, and that is to build within the trenches.  
  • I do think Joe Douglas will take the receiver position seriously this offseason, but I think he'll return to the draft rather than target someone in free agency. I don't think they'll give up on Mims just yet, but Douglas has to proceed as if Mims will be no more than a 4th option in the offense going forward and I think they want to create a pipeline at the position to avoid a bare cupboard at receiver as has been the case over the past few seasons due to lack of talent or injury. What receiver they select really comes down to how they plan on using the current guys, but the way I see it, Drake London is someone who fits in the grand scheme of having a "position-less offense" because his traits and playing style would allow them to use him at the X, Y, Z and even in the backfield. He's a 6'4", 215 lb. receiver that was a former basketball player, so while his top-end speed isn't necessarily elite, he's a quick, fluid mover who consistently gains yards after-the-catch (he'll get a star for that) and can win in contested situations. 

I’d be very happy with any of these guys. 
 

the more I look at Karlaftis, the more I like him. Neal would be a good safe choice. And I’m always about adding legit WR prospects. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Neal LT at 4.  Burks WR at 7.  McBride TE at 35.  Lloyd, LB Utah at 40.

Trade Becton for a late 1st.

This is awful. This doesnt even address need on D . You dont know anything about drafting….

First off, lloyd wont make it to 40. He might be gone by 20.

Heres a realistic draft:

1a Karafitis

1b best wr available (olave, burks, wilson)

2a best d player available

2b TE windermeyer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Have a feeling that Thibadeax falls to 4. Otherwise I think we take Neal 

This is the feeling I have as well. I'm not sure the rest of the league is as high on Thib as fans are.

I can understand taking Neal but man that would be such a kick in the pants to have to use one of our picks on him. Assuming Hutch and Thib are gone I think I'd take a hard look at Hamilton and then Ojabo or Karlaftis.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

This is the feeling I have as well. I'm not sure the rest of the league is as high on Thib as fans are.

I can understand taking Neal but man that would be such a kick in the pants to have to use one of our picks on him. Assuming Hutch and Thib are gone I think I'd take a hard look at Hamilton and then Ojabo or Karlaftis.

I know we are scarred by the Adams pick but as a ND fan who’s watched all of his snaps, Hamilton is the real deal

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is how you draft joewilly.

trade up from one of the first picks to the teens and gain an extra second. Plenty of needs and fixes in the teens…..

4.

Aidan Hutchinson

EDGE Michigan

11.

Chris Olave

WR Ohio State

35.

Brandon Smith

LB Penn State

38.

Jalen Wydermyer

TE Texas A&M

40. LB Harris, alabama

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’d be very happy with any of these guys. 
 

the more I look at Karlaftis, the more I like him. Neal would be a good safe choice. And I’m always about adding legit WR prospects. 

They have tons of ammo this offseason, so trading up and selecting a receiver in the 1st round is something they can afford to do. 

I don't expect major flashes in free agency, but fully expect them to sign a starting TE (options: Dalton Schultz, David Njoku, OJ Howard) while addressing depth concerns at LB (options: Kenny Young, Keanu Neal) and S (options: Jayron Kearse, Damontae Kazee, Erik Harris, Jaquiski Tartt...). I think they will be opportunistic at CB; Bryce Hall and Michael Carter II are locked into their roles, but I can see them upgrade on Brandin Echols or bring in some competition - more likely in FA than early in draft (JC Jackson, Carlton Davis, Darious Williams, Rasul Douglas) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

This is a very good point.  But ultimately i predict the jets will not be able to move back from 4 or 3, they’ll take the BAP pass rusher and then trade back from Seattle’s pick where the interest will be greater and the price will be less.  The big test for douglas will be if Neal is there when they pick, he’s clearly the highest rated guy on their board, and they can’t trade back.  But it’s hard to see Jax or Texans not taking him though.

How do you know that Neal is the highest rated guy on the Jets board? A board that won’t even be finalized for several more months.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, football guy said:

They have tons of ammo this offseason, so trading up and selecting a receiver in the 1st round is something they can afford to do. 

I don't expect major flashes in free agency, but fully expect them to sign a starting TE (options: Dalton Schultz, David Njoku, OJ Howard) while addressing depth concerns at LB (options: Kenny Young, Keanu Neal) and S (options: Jayron Kearse, Damontae Kazee, Erik Harris, Jaquiski Tartt...). I think they will be opportunistic at CB; Bryce Hall and Michael Carter II are locked into their roles, but I can see them upgrade on Brandin Echols or bring in some competition - more likely in FA than early in draft (JC Jackson, Carlton Davis, Darious Williams, Rasul Douglas) 

Absolutely fantastic that TE will be a focus. I almost hope they double dip like the Pats did last year.

JC Jackson stood out to me in your post because our of all the names mentioned, he is going to get paid a ton of money. I know you are plugged in - is JD prepared to pay for a lockdown CB like Jackson?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, mfmartin said:

 

 


Yes. The NFL draft only contains 3 good players. emoji23.png what are we even doing here?


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

 

 

Exactly, instead of looking at the handful of good players we've missed out on in front of us - let's look at all the All-Pro's that have been drafted after our picks.

I'm am absolutely certain they'll be more than 1 all-pro taken after our pick in the first round.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

Yeah... that guy is far more annoying than the people who bitch and moan about everything the team does.  They bitch when they don't win enough games to make the playoffs, then they moan when the team wins too many games to get the savior to come in the following season.

THOSE are the REAL fans who are a joy to be around!

The Jets are lucky to even have fans at this point.  Kindly GFY, and Happy New Year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Phillyjet said:

Please, they put up nearly 300 on the ground, including nearly 100 by Zach.  WR1 was Berrios.  So they should have thrown the ball more?  

Yes, they should have thrown more, because finding out what Zach Wilson is (or isn’t) should be far more important than eeking out wins over bad teams in a lost season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...