Darnold Boo’ed

Jetluv58

12 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What is the "Darnold is a nice guy" stuff in every post?  95% of qbs in this league are really nice guys.

Its a really weird thing jet fans have attached to Darnold like it makes him different then every other qb in this league.

Agreed.  Just lingering sentiment for a guy who was once personified my hopes and dreams.  Yeah, **** him.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

And how close we were to signing that idiot only to be spared by the idiot himself. So who’s the bigger dummy? 

Link?

Joe Douglas saying he wanted Darnold back publicly does not mean he actually was seriously considering re-signing him.  He also said he wanted Jamal Adams to be a "Jet for life" all while he negotiated 2 separate trade offers with Dallas and Seattle over a 7-month period.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

What is the "Darnold is a nice guy" stuff in every post?  95% of qbs in this league are really nice guys.

Its a really weird thing jet fans have attached to Darnold like it makes him different then every other qb in this league.

Its a way of softening the blow for when you turn around and lambaste the bastard for his sh*te play on the field

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Link?

Joe Douglas saying he wanted Darnold back publicly does not mean he actually was seriously considering re-signing him.  He also said he wanted Jamal Adams to be a "Jet for life" all while he negotiated 2 separate trade offers with Dallas and Seattle over a 7-month period.

Darnold? No no no. I was referring to Rhule. Wasn’t he a step away from being given the job? We’d be in year 3 of his 7 year rebuild ??‍♂️

9 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Darnold? No no no. I was referring to Rhule. Wasn’t he a step away from being given the job? We’d be in year 3 of his 7 year rebuild ??‍♂️

I still like Rhule more than most, but his handling of the QB position was obviously his undoing.  

He should have either stuck with Bridgewater, and/or just taken one of the QB's available in the draft and see what happens.

And if we'd have hired Rhule, I guess we would have stuck with Darnold for 2021.  But at least we wouldn't have sacrificed draft capital to acquire him.  And Douglas may well have balked at Rhule's plan to hand Darnold the 5th-year option.

7 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

Sam seems like a decent fellow so I wish him well. It must be hard for any of these athletes to deal with the disappointment of not living up to expectations. Maybe he’ll catch fire at some point. 

There it is again.  What is it w/ jet fans always mentioning Sam as a decent or nice guy?

Sanchez was a nice guy, Pennington a class act etc.  Not a peep about it when we talk about them.

It is truly bizarre that jet fans do this w/ darnold yet not a peep about the 1,000s of other nice guys weve had.

Any psychologists out that who can explain?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There it is again.  What is it w/ jet fans always mentioning Sam as a decent or nice guy?

Sanchez was a nice guy, Pennington a class act etc.  Not a peep about it when we talk about them.

It is truly bizarre that jet fans do this w/ darnold yet not a peep about the 1,000s of other nice guys weve had.

I think those other guys are retired and out of the league ? I wish good health, happiness and fortune to them both.

Edited by Dunnie

On 12/27/2021 at 6:51 PM, Larz said:

The wild thing is his scouting report said “he makes a few plays to keep his team in the game, but also keeps the other team in the game “

he never changed, the evaluators must have just thought they could coach it out of him 

Just like Sanchez, Darnold was very very slow in figuring out what was going on around him.  He never could, and never will be able to, live up to NFL QB required brain-speed.  Kid has the physical attributes, as did Sanchez, but the problem was the slow CPU between the ears for both of them.

I really think that's why the Jets went with Zach Wilson, whose reputation was that of a quick processor, more like the Brady type.  It remains to be seen if they are correct. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

They saw @jgb's Darnold Excuse Twister

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

From yahoo.com:  Cam Newton's streak of five straight starts for the Carolina Panthers is coming to an end. Head coach Matt Rhule announced on Wednesday that Sam Darnold, not Newton, would start Week 17's game against the New Orleans Saints.

Starting Newton was at all points idiotic

5 hours ago, Jetluv58 said:

From yahoo.com:  Cam Newton's streak of five straight starts for the Carolina Panthers is coming to an end. Head coach Matt Rhule announced on Wednesday that Sam Darnold, not Newton, would start Week 17's game against the New Orleans Saints.

The f**k did Darnold do this past week to earn that start?  lmao.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Get 18 mill guaranteed. 

I wouldn’t even be shocked at all if he is the opening day starter next year  

No, I bet the Panthers will get Mike White from the Jets for a 2nd rounder and watch him fail in Carolina too

• Thumb Down 1

21 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

I’m not sure my credential is necessary to mention that Sanchez may not have been called a “nice guy” because of all the rape stuff, statutory and otherwise.

Pennington, on the other hand, was constantly felated on these boards as “the kind of guy you want your daughter to marry.”

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So is starting Darnold.  Might as well start PJ Walker.  

Don't disagree but I can understand it due to the commitment you already have to the guy. Starting Newton other than as a publicity stunt made no sense whatsoever. If Darnold follows form, he will finish with 2 decent games creating false hope he is the guy.

11 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I want the Jets to hang onto Mike White

If I am the Jets I am putting the first round tender on White. Although I am not in the "White is the guy" camp, he certainly has some no talent, he too will improve with another year in the system and if Zach goes down I am not opposed to giving White another shot. I am also OK with getting a first for him. Unlikely, but you never know. 

If they use the 2nd round tender and Carolina wanted to sign him, how would that work? They don't have a second to give so would we negotiate compensation sort of like a trade?