Becton Thread from last season

23 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Becton played pretty well for Adam Gase and packed it in when Saleh got here. Same with Mims. Good luck to Bobby Salads if he thinks he can make a living coaching 53 Braxton Berrioses.

Mims sucked from at least week 13 of 2020.  He has not broken 40 yards since week 12 of 2020.  He finished last year with 4 catches for 33 yards on 8 targets over his last 3 starts.  Gase was still coach.  Whatever the **** was going on with him started well before Saleh got here and probably before he was drafted.  Mangini is consistently fellated around here for allegedly being responsible for drafting 53 Braxton Berrioses, but for Saleh that is some kind of insult?

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Hopefully he learned from it and picks a better left tackle this year. I'd be surprised if Becton comes back at all. 

honestly, the idea of him coming back at RT with Moses backing him up is great. It does blow a hole in the argument I've heard since that draft that Wirfs was only an RT and that we didn't need that, but here we are. JD, the o-line expert, screwed us royally. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The more important thing was when Coach was asked about the emergence of Fant and the possibility of Becton moving to right tackle next year.  

Now you would of thought coach would say, "Becton is our LT and will be stating there next year."

But he didnt.  He said he is not getting into anything like that.

Very telling.  I believe Becton will be our RT next year.

Fine with me.  He hasn't been durable enough to play LT.  I'd much rather let him be a road-grading RT and not worry about this weight as long as Fant is playing well.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Some players are self-starters, some players need to be pushed. Inevitably, there will be a portion of your roster that needs to get coached up. It does not appear that there is anyone on the coaching staff capable of doing the coaching up. The team is mush. 

Can’t disagree with any facts, so I won’t even though I do disagree but if Becton and Mims NFL careers WERE ruined in there 2nd years cause they weren’t motivated enough then don’t think they had much of a career ahead of them anyway 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, 92ShaunEllis92 said:

No surprise there. 

seems like Becton, Mims, and Perrine are miscast misfits for this CS’s offensive schemes. I take it more as an indictment of the COVID 2020 Scouting/combine/draft process (or lack thereof) than a blemish on JD. ‘21 draft looks good (better scouting/evaluation/interview process?) and Jets are primed for a legendary off-season (our REAL football Xmas, lol)

You are fine with completely blowing off an entire draft class after one year and saying it’s not a big deal? Ok.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Mims sucked from at least week 13 of 2020.  He has broken 40 yards since week 12 of 2020.  He finished last year with 4 catches for 33 yards on 8 targets over his last 3 starts.  Gase was still coach.  Whatever the **** was going on with him started well before Saleh got here and probably before he was drafted.  Mangini is consistently fellated around here for allegedly being responsible for drafting 53 Braxton Berrioses, but for Saleh that is some kind of insult?

Darrelle Revis, famously very much like Braxton Berrios.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

Can’t disagree with any facts, so I won’t even though I do disagree but if Becton and Mims NFL careers WERE ruined in there 2nd years cause they weren’t motivated enough then don’t think they had much of a career ahead of them anyway 

They are probably high maintenance dogs, but every team but the Patriots has high maintenance dogs on it. You can’t just discard them. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Some players are self-starters, some players need to be pushed. Inevitably, there will be a portion of your roster that needs to get coached up. It does not appear that there is anyone on the coaching staff capable of doing the coaching up. The team is mush. 

I suspect most overweight people secretly despise others who are in great shape and eat healthy.  I'm slightly overweight myself, so I only slightly despise guys who work out 3X a week and eat healthy.  It's more of a statement about unhappiness with self. 

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wasn’t that much of a personal problem last year. 

Best guess on how many bleachers Gase ran?  Mine is zero.  Guys like Becton can get down with that.   

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Jets1958 said:

Rich Cimini ESPN Staff Writer 

LT Mekhi Becton (knee) is done for the year, "barring a miracle," per Robert Saleh. What happened? He was supposed to return in 6-8 weeks after Week 2 surgery/clean-up. Saleh: "He's a very big man. Everyone heals a little bit differently… It didn't go the way everyone expected." Saleh admitted they under-estimated his return date, insisting "there was no bad surgery, no bad rehab process, no ill intent on his part." He said it's a big offseason for Becton.

Becton is the biggest question mark going into the offseason. Whatever we think of Wilson, we know we're not drafting a quarterback this year. 

Are we spending another high pick on a tackle? Unfortunately I still don't know after reading that.