Becton Thread from last season

Prodigal Syndicate

7 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

2021 Plantar facciitis then dislocated knee, torn cartilage and surgery.

Or he's just a lazy fat slob.  

Kind of like Quninnen Williams.

Let's get third rounders for both of them.  

Becton was always a high risk pick, with possible HOF potential. So far he hasn’t worked out. He’s never on the field. Even last year he was always off the field for something.

I don’t see that trend changing. It was unfortunate that we kept playing GVR who is terrible, and created the injury. Although I think the line played better with Becton out. Fant played very well at LT.

I honestly don’t see Becton in our long term future, he’s to big, and soft, his size especially makes him very injury prone.

A move to RT or even Guard maybe his future in the league, if he can stay healthy enough. We whiffed on Wirfs very Jetsy.

Guys that don’t fit their “scheme” they (coaching staff) are unwilling to coach up and develop and just stick them in the doghouse: aka Mims 
Mims has not done himself many favors during the season with the chances he was given. There were reports that becton showed up to camp out of shape and that mims was lazy before the season started...we may be overthinking things here and it could just be these players put themselves in the doghouse?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• 4 months later...
On 12/27/2021 at 5:39 PM, T0mShane said:

I’m just pointing to Gase because he is not renowned for his great motivational skills and Saleh is allegedly a great motivator, but Gase—-even in a comically bad year—was able to squeeze production out of Mims and Becton while Saleh has gotten zilch from either guy. It’s a curious red flag is all. Some head coaches—especially guys who were assistants and never the head man—have difficulty comprehending that the buck stops with them, and aren’t comfortable with being the disciplinarian that a head coach needs to be. I’m positing that what we’re seeing is Saleh (and LaFleur and Ulbrich) trying to sort out whose job it is to lower the hammer on guys who need it, and it’s something he needs to learn. Quickly. 

1294707949_GaseOffensiveRankings.thumb.JPG.bde14924747af47b8092674e0b91326b.JPG

• Thumb Down 5
  • Haha 9

10 minutes ago, Waka Flocka Flacco said:

oN a GoOd CoUrSe RiGhT nOw To Be ReAdY fOr TrAiNiNg CaMp

“We love Mekhi he is in houston waiting for the birth of his child”

<a week passes with no child>

”Haha he is actually rehabbing we love this this is exactly what we wanted haha”

35 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Oh hey topical. Bonus: Douglas changing his story on the daily.

For all Joe Douglas' strengths I think we might have found his weakness. He's unable to admit to the media and to himself that this kid is done. Even if Becton gets healthy he will get injured during the season and probably in the 1st few games. Make a trade or make sure your signing a decent OT that gets let loose and move on from Becton. If this promising season gets derailed because of Becton its not gonna make Jets fans happy. Joe you blew that pick - admit it, fix it and move on!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Nixhead said:

For all Joe Douglas' strengths I think we might have found his weakness. He's unable to admit to the media and to himself that this kid is done. Even if Becton gets healthy he will get injured during the season and probably in the 1st few games. Make a trade or make sure your signing a decent OT that gets let loose and move on from Becton. If this promising season gets derailed because of Becton its not gonna make Jets fans happy. Joe you blew that pick - admit it, fix it and move on!

Worst case scenario (or possibly good), Tucker is athletic enough to play RT. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

“We love Mekhi he is in houston waiting for the birth of his child”

<a week passes with no child>

”Haha he is actually rehabbing we love this this is exactly what we wanted haha”

We love Mekhi, he's helping my kids with their art projects

image.thumb.png.6f8bed50c363a703a33292348d1cd518.png

• Like 1

• Maxman changed the title to Becton Thread from last season